Morning Glories 2017 #10

Gautier, MS

Debra, I missed your pretty post with your blooms. Looks great. None of the above were Edo but below yes, the 1st one.

Love your blooms Jackie, so pretty. Most of mine are repeat too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Jackie and Helena, you blooms are very pretty.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Love all 3 of your lovely blooms this morning Helena but that pink is breathtaking.

Plum Surprises opened today. out of Helena;s sds. I'll hand pollinate to try to get sds
This is My no name MG out of Cocoa Choc Not. I call it My special MG. Hope the'blooms get prettier.
Debras pretty Lavender
# 4 Aogakiyama x Choc Silk
One of Debra's MG Mix also 2013, 1st bloom so they should get better
a beautiful color. I wonder if its Xiongs or Kohkan

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Oh, I love the blue with white spokes so much, don't you? So glad you are showing them, Jackie.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I'm happy with all blooms I get.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Great colors. Happy to see your blooms.

Your seedling and leaves look good too Debra.

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Debra, your babies look very healthy.

Thanks everyone

Gautier, MS

First bloom large lav-from pink silk cross but sterile.
DFNM
Tsukiyono light lime leaves(not sure of spelling)
Dusky x choco
AoMurasaki Youjiro Blzd

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love your blooms this morning Helena. One of the things I love is that you always have 1 or more with lacy looking blooms. Partial to # 3 above with a touch of purple.
The Mutant, DFNM
2nd bloom, My special MG out of cocoa choc not
Ronnies # 4
Tai Aki, I tore the bloom trying to release it from between 2 stems
I had 2 Purple Fuji's with 8 bars this morning, here's 1.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Both of you have beautiful blooms, thanks for posting them.

I love the way those large blooms look like satin or silk with the sheen of them. You know my fav is #2 right, Helena? LOL
Oh Jackie, I can't believe you got 8 bars twice! That's awesome! The Mutant is Joe's favorite. ( He likes to look over my shoulder, LOL)
I Finally had a female monarch come visit all this milkweed around here, sheesh- I have so much so many and no monarchs. Joe took these pics...

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Happy to see your Mutant, DFNM. They are just perfect. Hope your Tai Aki makes a few seeds for you to share with me. I know it's stingy on it, I'm out of those. Your eight bar Fuji is gorgeous too.

Debra, gorgeous blooms. Your hubby takes great pictures. Glad you got a monarch to visit. I haven't seen any down here in years.

Thanks girls.
Debra, I love it that Joe likes to see the pics being sent in to DG. Good for him.:-)
Helena, you know I will save you some Tai aki seeds.
Now that you mention it Helena,. its been years since we've seen an Orange Monarch
here. I think I remember hearing yrs ago that something was destroying the monarchs
breeding grounds or over wintering grounds.

This message was edited Aug 9, 2017 11:32 PM

We usually have tons of them here, but I don't have all the sunflowers that fed them, just the gardens, and I do have milkweed everywhere now, expecting the leaves to get eaten is okay with me.. She hung out for two days , then Joe said he saw her in the back yard where I have 5 other kinds of milkweed growing..my orange milkweed and the one pictured are showing pods for seeds if you guys want any, easy to start.. I have my storage drive in so here are a couple morning glory photos
August 9 th 2016, boy, nothing like this going on today!
Went to heart dr for follow up, came home wearing a monitor... :P SMH

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Love your pics Debra. Amazing blue mg;s, Love # 3 with the darker blue ring
in the throat. The other blue has the same ring? very pretty but a different mg??
Is that a no Monet # 4? Just beautiful.
I had to wear a monitor a couple of times, but it never captured anything,.

This message was edited Aug 10, 2017 11:43 AM

Gautier, MS

Love your pics too Debra. I love your milkweeds too. Amazing blue bloom along with the others.

#1 purpurea I hand split it open so I could take a pic

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Jackie, I think drs like to have things set up so they can charge medicare for more money..
Helena, I LOVE that purple! ( #3) Joe came in from outside and told me I better get out there and see the morning glorys that have opened, so I'm going to go check it out..

WOW! I love all the beautiful morning glories and flowers.
Keep them coming.
Debra, I pray your monitor shows nothing wrong with your heart.

Helena, Beautiful DFNM, the mutant, and split pink purp. i planted 1 of those out in the ground.Pretty much all of the ones I planted are up but they need to hurry. :-)
Debra, I think you;re right about the Dr's and medicare..
Just repeats
Indica
Aogakiyama with bad lvs.
Purple Fuji out front

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Jackie, forgot to thank you for saving seeds of Tai Aki when it makes you some.

Thanks ladies, I'll save you seeds of that purple and some of the blues that you like Debra.

That is a pretty light blue color on your Indica Jackie. I will always love your Aogakiyama blooms. Your Fuji also has pretty bloom.
I still have a few older mg vines that are delaying to bloom. I did finally get all my seedlings into bigger vine last weekend.

Thanks Helena. Still waiting on some of my oldest planted mg vines to bloom.
I think they all have buds but some eaten up by the bugs. I
still think there's something less than perfect about my Fertilome potting mix
I think its why my lvs start to deteriorate sp? on my vines even b4 the bugs get to them. smh
Thats great that you finished moving up all your mg vines. I know you;re relieved.
Time for a new thread.

Is there a link for the new thread?

Linda, give me time girl. I just posted 6 minutes ago. :-)
To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1456530

:) Thanks for the link.

Beautiful blooms, Jackie. That Fugi is so pretty. I love those. I think I have one going.
The AOG is really fragile looking , is it? I need to try an Indica.
Here is what Joe wanted me to see..
We had another nice rain last night, it was a little heavier than the one a couple days ago.. Glad we did not get hail, another town in our state was pounded and looked like the hail as the size of baseballs.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful pictures Debra, I am glad you missed the hail. It can do so much damage.

Linda, it showed semi's that had dents in them and windows crushed in.. the dents were as big as bowling balls!

WOW! That was some hail!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.