Morning Glories 2017 #10

Gautier, MS

I hope Plum Surprise does better for you this year. It was a good bloomer and seed maker when I first grew it. I notice now that a lot of what I grow don't make loads of seeds. Plum Surprise I grew in ground after it started to grow good and it took off.
The chocolates that I grew in ground were a lot more vigorous then when I grow them in gallon pots.
I'm happy with my blooms this morning though it's cloudy and did drizzle a bit already.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms from the past Debra, love those colors.
The rest of the blooms and my fav rose.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Debra, never hurts to try it. Your blooms are so pretty.

Beautiful blooms Helena. All those colors and designs are awesome.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Jackie, I neglected to tell you how pretty your blooms are the other day. I hope you continue to get lots more. I am still bloomless here. I fell down the stairs a second time, only three this time, so off to Dr today cuz my sciatica is killing me. *sigh*

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Beautiful blooms Helena. Some real beauties you;ve got going this yr.
Love the Chocolate with the wide border and the soft
color # 3 first set.
Debra, Hope you didn;t do too much damage to your leg and/or hip.
I've been so clumsy lately that I'm having to be more careful
outside. When I;m tired, I don;t pick my feet up and so I trip quite
a bit.

Ronnie's # 4
Mauve splash
Indica or Blue Dawn flower ??

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Please be careful Debra.

Very pretty blooms Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Hope you recover from your fall Debra and feel better.

Love your pretty blooms Jackie. It's definitely a new lavender color for mauve splash, love it!

Thanks Linda and Helena,
Helena, I thought there was something different about the MSplash
but I couldn;t figure it out. lol I hand pollinated it'
and the hot pink. If it makes seeds, I'll save you some

Hi all you sleeping beauties. I guess I did something to myself, I spent 4 hours at the dr's office. My right hand is in a splint, and my right shoulder something is messed up ( sorry it was hard to remember everything) any way, I am going to live, just trying to type with this thing is a challenge. :P Meanwhile , I found my first pink Akatsu no mai's from Oona Lee in 2009.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful no Mai Debra and I love the purps too
Wishing you a speedy recovery. No more falls.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, love your lavender splash, hope the pollinating takes. It's a pretty bloom.
Pretty blooms on your purps and no Mai Debra. Hope you take it easy and heal properly.
It's been raining hard all morning, no blooms for me this morning. I was busy getting my boys off to first day of back school.

WOW! Back to school already? School starts here end of August.

Beautiful blooms everyone.

Debra, do we need to send you a roll of bubble wrap?

Thanks ladies,
Lost my post twice, smh. My MSplash is back to its normal color today at least I think it is.
Helena I knew it was getting time for your kids to return to school. My g kids'start
back the 14th.
My earliest mg vines (on the trellis out front) look awful, maybe my potting mix, too much peat moss.
My vines in the tubs out back look much healthier

Aogakiyama
Purple fuji
Ronnies Hot Pink # 4 and M splash

This message was edited Aug 5, 2017 1:25 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Thanks you guys, Joe won't let me go down now without him watching me, sheesh! You know I never grew any special morning glories until I came to Daves Garden and joined this group.
Oh Jackie, I love the mauve splash original color too. And that little blue spokes, and the last three are awesome. I have been learning to be left handed. We are a cool 73 right now! These were from Liz.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful morning glories ladies.

Thanks Debra and Linda.
We've been cooler here too for the last few days, sure felt great.
Rain for us today Helena. Seems like you;ve been getting more'than the rest of us lately.
Beautiful dark purps Debra.

Göppingen, Germany(Zone 7b)

Hi Ladies,

I know I'm only a rare guest in your glorious collection, but I hope you may remember me.

I'll start with Convolvolus arvensis (pic1) - yes, it's weedy, but how angry can you be at a mass display of these soft pink beauties? As I already announced last year, I've given up on Ipomoea Nil - they just need too long to start flowering for my climate. Instead, i've reactivated I. tricolor Flying saucer (pic2 &3) - love how no two flowers are the same. Strangely, my purpureas voted for color separation this year: all on the front fence are whites with purple "spear tips", and those on the trellis next to the saucers are all baby blue with a soft pink eye (pic4).
Last but not least I want to show (off ;-) the latest addition to one of my other one-day-wonder-passions: Pic 5 shows Tigridia immaculata, a bright red pendulous gem from Guatemala, that somehow manages to look bigger in pictures than it really is.

Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak
Gautier, MS

Pretty neat blooms Jackie.
Pretty purp too Debra.

Only a few nice blooms today. I have to remove a lot of ugly leaves from my vines, I guess it's from the rain.
Jackie #4 is labeled from your prettiest bloom
#5 is from Dany's #10 Blue purple blzd

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms pmmGarak. They look great, really neat bloom from Guatemala! I love Flying Saucer but didn't plant any this year. Purpureas would probably grow well for you. Glad you're stopping by to join us. Happy to see your blooms.

Beautiful photos today everyone.

pmmGarak, glad to see you posting.

Pretty blooms Garak. Love the convolvulus and pretty purp, Jamie Lynn??
Helena, beautiful blooms. I don;t have a clue what # 4 is. Maybe out of my
2010 Saz seeds.
# 1 Debs unknown Lav out of patio mix 2013, thanks Debra I love it. A very dark bloom today
# 2 Ronnie's # 4 hot pink, maybe Pink Frost. It's a beauty
# 3 and 4 Pink Tie Dyes from 2009 seeds
# 5 unknown succulent blooming,

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Jackie, love your beautiful mgs and the deep rich colors! Love cactus blooms, I have one that has sent another shoot up and should bloom soon too. I added 3 succulents to my collection this year.

Thanks Helena, I like succulents too just don;t have much room in my g house for all
of them I would like to grow.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I have never seen that succulent. Very pretty.

Thanks Linda.

Heres a better pic of the succulent,

Thumbnail by patootie
Göppingen, Germany(Zone 7b)

Hi Jackie,

lovely blooms, both the MGs and he Aloe-ish one. I don't think my purp is Jamie Lynn - i had that once as a gift, and it was white with pink eye, mine have a bluish base color - i've added another pic, close up, of which i did some color correction to get the "real world" impression on to the monitor - automated white correction in some cameras can be devastating to pale colors. Next pic is the front fence i mentioned yesterday - i would have loved some more color here, but they somehow all came white/purple. One thing I notice about your pics is that you all seem to get a lot less leafs - that can't be a purpurea vs. nil problem, because whenever i tried nils they got masses of leafs, too. Any idea what could be the reason?
One plant that doesn't do many leafs is my Quamoclit. I'm actually happy that I planted it far away from the other MGs, as it really struggles for me. Talking about that section, I'm still waiting for the I. hederifolia, of which i transplanted some volunteers, so the plants are a bit late, but they do have buds now.
Looks like I'm running out of glories to show, so there's two off-topics: Pic 4 is Calydorea amabilis, another one of my beloved Tigridieae tribe and one-day-wonders. The last one is a ceropegia, a somewhat succulent climber and more or less the proof that no shape of a flower is too absurd to evolve...

This message was edited Aug 6, 2017 8:48 AM

Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak Thumbnail by pmmGarak
Gautier, MS

After the rains, a few blooms!

gorgeous bloom today, and welcome home, Garak. Helena, I love FS, but I don't know if any are going to show. Only Pandys blooming and i carnea atm.

Garak, more than 1/2 of any Jamie Lynn;s I grow have the bluish base color.
If you get time, check the plant files which may show both color schemes.
Very interesting blooms you have today, I love the unusual ones too. The'Ceropegia reminds me a little of the Aristolochia's, a neat bloom.
I get tons of leaves, sometimes I have to go in for a closeup to block out the sun
and so no lvs in the pics at times. Plus a few that are older now have ugly lvs in which case I block them out on purpose.
Heres a few shots of mg's showing plenty of leaves,
Some of my new vines just coming along
Pink Tie Dye out front and Purple Fuji in tub out back
Then heres a shot of the pretty Lav (leaves only) which Helena likes so much,
her leaves devastated by bugs and I no longer feel like fighting them
so I block out thoise lvs when I can.

This message was edited Aug 7, 2017 2:35 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Gorgeous blooms today Helena. Love Angels Halo and your Crazy Bloom.
# 2 Heres a new one today my Spec Mg which I expect the blooms to vary./ Her lvs behind
the worn out trellis.
# 1 A new Pink Tie Dye with a more familiar pattern, huge almost 5 inch blooms
# 2 and # 1 switched while sending them earlier
Purple Fuji today, 1 of the back yard tubs
Passi Maypop, very hardy here. Wish the blooms were darker.

This message was edited Aug 7, 2017 2:49 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

I love all the blooms today ladies. Very pretty colors.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Enjoyed your blooms very much!

Thanks Linda and Helena.

me too! Blooms are so special for us, Jackie. I also loved that succulent, and a glad u can grow them.
Helena, I know you are going to be getting some more beauties, after that rain drys out. Pandy is just so happy right now, I am glad I have her.

Wish I had a maypop.. I have passies, but never have seen them bloom, they were gifted to me from Tropicman and he said they were a cross, I am about to give them away. I want perennials! Bean Patch sure looks different now.. those boards are for me to walk on instead of the mud..:P

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

I have a few neat ones today.

#4 is M30 from Azuremore.
#5 AoMurasaki Youjiro blzd/

Gautier, MS

Don't know why blooms from #1 pic always comes out blurry
Didn't check for ID on #4 but almost missed this bloom.

Beautiful flowers everyone. Love all the colors and variations.

wow, Helena, really got some good ones today. Looks like Edo is a real pleasure, and love the speckled one a lot.

Thanks Debra. Pretty pandy's and I love your bean patch, very neat and orderly.
I would like to have more perennials too, less work for us.

More gorgeous blooms Helena. An amazing assortment you have blooming
Your speckled blooms are lovely.
Mine are repeats
Beautiful lavender from Debs seeds. Just hoping for sds from this beauty.
Purple Fuji

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.