...so what are you up to?

Casa Grande, AZ

You are correct. You may exercise your rights.
Your rights, however, do not give you permission to persist when others tell you "No, don't and stop!" They have a word for that. It is called harassment.
Your rights also do not allow you to tell others to be quiet. That is censorship.

Your rights allow you to talk and express yourself as freely as you like without censorship regardless of my presence here.
Harassment, however, is continuing to engage with me directly when I asked you nicely not to several times.

If you don't like me then very simply ignore me and don't talk to me.

I am asking you again to stop harassing me.
Leave me alone. Do not speak to me.
I don't want to speak to you.
PLEEEEEESE leave me alone.
PLEEEEASE don't speak to me.
Please talk to the others.
There is more then enough conversation to go around without us having to address each other directly.

Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

poor, pitiful victim. . . NOT!! rofl

You have falsely accused me of calling you names. . . prove it: post a quote of my post(s) where I am calling you name(s).

You have falsely accused me of harassment, yet YOU sent ME a Dmail and have repeatedly insisted that I call YOU.

You have falsely accused me of telling you to be quiet, yet YOU have repeatedly demanded that I not talk to you (ie be quiet while you falsely accuse me, etc.). Even more laughable, YOU continue your insufferable postings while demanding that I "not challenge you"

I will continue to refute false accusations and resist your attempted bullying and intimidation..

I DARE you to report me. I welcome an authority's review of the posts this day, mine AND yours.

Jonesboro, AR

Good post!

Casa Grande, AZ

* Sigh*
I sent you 1--count them o-n-e e.-mail. It consisted of 4 sentences. I have a phone with 20 minutes on it. Here is the phone number and 2 sentences with the word "Thank You". There are no repeated e.-mails.

As I said before----and will say again, if you have something to say and would like to speak to me directly please call the number. As of yet there are no messages on the phone from you.

It is fair to assume then you do not want to talk to me despite my giving you every opportunity to do so.

It is also fair to assume that after 4 or 5 times of my asking you not to talk to me here on the forum you are failing to honor that request and are continuing to harass me.

Please stop talking to me.
Please stop harassing me.
Please talk to other individuals here rather than me.
Please start you own forum on this topic if you want to continue speaking about it.
I have stopped speaking about it.
I do believe it is time for you to let it go and stop speaking about it also.
You are escalating a situation that does not need to be.

I am again saying very politely "Stop it. No, I do not want to talk to you. I do not want you to talk to me. At this point you are harassing me."

Thank you.

Quote from BetNC :
poor, pitiful victim. . . NOT!! rofl

You have falsely accused me of calling you names. . . prove it: post a quote of my post(s) where I am calling you name(s).

You have falsely accused me of harassment, yet YOU sent ME a Dmail and have repeatedly insisted that I call YOU.

You have falsely accused me of telling you to be quiet, yet YOU have repeatedly demanded that I not talk to you (ie be quiet while you falsely accuse me, etc.). Even more laughable, YOU continue your insufferable postings while demanding that I "not challenge you"

I will continue to refute false accusations and resist your attempted bullying and intimidation..

I DARE you to report me. I welcome an authority's review of the posts this day, mine AND yours.

with your numerous false accusations, DESPITE the truth being posted here and visible to all, I choose NOT to call you for a private conversation where what I say is not visible and verifiable to all.

As you have proclaimed, FREE SPEECH! You DARE to tell me to stop talking: about "this", to you (even having the audacity to tell me WHO and WHERE I can talk).

You can stop "this" anytime: stop telling me what I can and cannot do, stop falsely accusing me when you CLEARLY can't prove them and stop posting provocative statements about me. If you don't wish me to reply / challenge your posts, stop talking about me.

Out of curiosity, do you know how to go to another thread or site or how to shut off your computer?

Now, I have a life; it will be interesting to see if you REALLY want to stop your attempted bullying, intimidation, false accusations, etc.

Casa Grande, AZ

Please stop talking to me.
I do not want to talk to you.
Please stop being combative and persisting in pursuing this matter.
Please stop harassing me.
This behavior is not helping things.
I have let the matter go.
Can you please do the same?

Thank you.

Others,

Went outside today to enjoy the lovely weather. It has been great here with temps in the 88 to 85 degree range. *YIPPEE* Summer is long gone. No more 110+ days.
The weather is still on average 10 degrees hotter than norm, but hey, I'll take it. :D
It has finally made doing yard work enjoyable.

Surprised that things are still blooming and growing actively as that is not what typically used to happen. Major growth spurts going on here and things are blooming! It looks to be summer is our new winter where things just shut down and go comatose and then pick up in fall and soon to be winter. Well, I'm hoping winter.
We'll see what December, January and February bring. For some reason I can't imagine it getting below the mid 50s and into the upper 30s at night based on the rate we are going.

So what I've got going on is a whole bunch of Aloe vera getting ready to bloom. A lot of Mammillaria species just bursting out of the little 'bubble bed' I had made. In two weeks some of them have literally doubled in size.

I have a Parodia Magnifica bed. Within that they are sprouting new growth like crazy. The one picture isn't real clear but if you look to the left you'll see a tiny fuzzy thing. That's new growth. The potted plants are a different variety of Echinopsis but they're going insane also.

Note the Octopus Agaves (large green ones with the wavy arms). Summer they were about half that size.

Finally going to have a chance to do a few things in that back yard in terms of planting. That is making me happy.

So what does everyone else have going on in their garden?
AG

---A. veras getting ready to spring into action. Note the octopus agaves in the back! :D
---New growth on the Parodia. Left side of the larger growth.
---Echinopsis gone crazy!
---Overview of the Parodia bed. They sure didn't look like this during summer.
---Assorted Mammillaria just plump, happy and exploding out of their space.
A few more pics of the Mammillaria and pincushion type of cacti in the next post.

Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1
Casa Grande, AZ

Here's the rest of the pics from the bubble bed:

---Some assorted golden pin cushion, Trichocereus, and Mammillaria
----Don't know if you can see it because it is half in the shade and half not but this cacti had only little nubs for new growth about three weeks ago. Now the arms are almost as tall as it is! WOW! :D

Have a good day all.

Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1

Quote from BetNC :

You can stop "this" anytime: stop telling me what I can and cannot do, stop falsely accusing me when you CLEARLY can't prove them and stop posting provocative statements about me. If you don't wish me to reply / challenge your posts, stop talking about me

Now, I have a life; it will be interesting to see if you REALLY want to stop your attempted bullying, intimidation, false accusations, etc.

Apparently, you don't wish to stop.. . . now, WHO is being "combative"??

You make me laugh! rofl

Casa Grande, AZ

* sigh*
In case you missed the last 6 times: Repeat of my last message. This is starting to get a bit disturbing. Let it go. Drop it. I have.

Others....................
Looky! Fruit. Popped out between last post and now! Exciting.

Also got those Agave 'Blue Glow' planted in the back yard lake of fire. Moved the one I had up front in partial shade out back to keep them company as well. Perfect plants for the back. Hoping they do well.

And it felt most excellent to get out and do some real exercise. Nothing like it to make you feel good inside and out. Beautiful day here for it. (Sorry guys. Not rubbing it in just enjoying our weather for a change. Don't worry----you can pick on me in summer when you're enjoying your nice weather and I'm sitting inside roasting.)

In case anyone is interested there will be a fabulous meteor shower going on tonight and tomorrow. It will be hanging around the constellations of Taurus and the Pleiades. Check it out late tonight. And on the 14th there's a super moon going on. Cool. It is supposed to be the biggest, largest and lowest one in decades. Can't wait to see that. I think there isn't another one of these until 24 or 34 years later. I'll have to look that up.

Anyway, Have a good night all. Time to eat some dinner. Left over Chinese food. :D Yummmmm!
Peace. Out.
TTC

Thumbnail by Agavegirl1

So glad you decided to stop. . .

I hope that anyone who reads this post recognizes the futility of attacking, accusing and attempting to bully and intimidate me.

My garden helper and I are going to try our hands at winter-sowing tomorrow. I'm so excited: I've collected all the supplies (milk carton, Xacto knife, duct tape, Geum seeds. . .) I've read directions that call for potting soil. . . yet other directions call for seed-starting medium. I think I should use a layered mixture: bottom of potting soil and top of seed-starting medium. Does anyone here have any experience with winter-sowing in miniature greenhouses, as pertaining to type of soil stuff to use??

Casa Grande, AZ

CNN, The Associated press and NBC World News ----as in THE NATIONAL world news that is on t.v. every night, has spoken and written out loud the statements I made regarding Stephen Bannon, the Breibart Media and the alt-right and David Duke and Donald Trump.

In a word, they're Nazis.

I am leaving D.G.
I do not like Nazis.
I do not like David Duke.
I do not like Trump because he has the Nazis' and the KKK's endorsement. (Nov 2, 2016 entire front page of 'The Crusader...The Premier Voice of White America.' t
I do not like Trump because he associates with Nazis. He has appointed a Nazi to his staff as Chief Advisor and Strategist to help run your country's government.

If stereotypes weren't true then standup comics wouldn't exist to make fun of backwards, redneck, racists who are too ignorant to read a history book and are too angry to admit they're wrong.

(BTW...I know they tear pages out of your history books but in case nobody told you, the Civil War has ended. It's been over for 100+ years. In case you proud, patriotic Americans missed that fact, there's is no more Confederate flag. And again you wonder why stereotypes and standup comics keep going and people make fun of you. )

Adios!

Thumbnail by Agavegirl1

Some interesting facts about moving to Mexico:

**The Mexican immigration system underwent major changes in 2012.

** While tourists are not affected, anyone desiring to take up either permanent OR temporary residence (more than 6 months), must apply for and obtain either an FM3 or FM2 BEFORE entering the country. Residency permits can only be obtained at one of the Mexican embassies or consulates in one's originating country.

** (For the US) The principal Mexican embassy is in Washington DC , with Mexican consulates in many major cities (Tucson et al).

** Among the many documentations required for residency, is an annual income of $2000 for an adult; generally 400 times the Mexican annual poverty level.

I wish you the best of luck, in realizing your goal.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I love winter sowing. I have tried both, potting soil and sterile seed-starting mix. I prefer the potting soil because it gloms together better. The seed-starting mix is missing fertilizer and moisture crystals and I don't know what exactly, but it doesn't cling to the roots and hold together when you transplant it. Are you starting anything other than geum?

I have never tried geum, but dianthus I know is a winner and poppies. Have you visited the winter sowing forum?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

And, Happy Birthday Jim!

Thanks, Carrie! AND hAPPY bIRTHDAY, jIM. . .I'm another winter baby!

I've visited the WS forum repeatedly and its there tht I got up the nerve to try it for the first time. Geum Blazing Sunset is the only seed I've got in my milk jug mini grteenhouse (the seed requires a winter-thaw before it'll germinate). All my gardens are full, with these re4placing the daffodils in the pic by my name. Of course, I still have my front garden, but its reserved for those showy annuals!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I am just going to make a quick post and see if that will remove this thread from my refresh list. Every time I log on, I think I have a new post on here, for almost a week now.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Ok, ladies and gentlemen, I think I am officially not renewing my subscription this year. Every year I think about not renewing it, but I think I am going to do it (not renew) finally. Sad.

EDITED to remind everyone that THIS forum, Accessible Gardening, can be accessed without a paid subscription, so you don't get rid of me that easily.

This message was edited Dec 5, 2016 1:11 PM

lol carrie WHAT would this forum/thread BE without you??

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Thank you, BetNC! Are you ready for Christmas? I am a complete Grinch.

Once the kids left, I quit "doing" Christmas.

I'M the real grinch! My birthday is a few days before Christmas and the "season" does not have happy memories for me. As an adult, I observe this milestone with a steak dinner. Recently, I amended this to do this alone, take an iced cupcake with me (bought from Wally World0), stick a candle in it; at the end of my meal, I light th4e candle and sing "Happy Birthday to Me" very softly, make a wish and blow out the candle. . . and eat that cupcake, of course!

Now, THAT I'm looking forward to!!
How about you? What traditions do YOU have this time of year??

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

It used to be a huge big deal when I had kids home. (I should admit, I bear most of the blame for that myself.) I was obsessed with being "fair" to my two daughters, so I got them EXACTLY the same number of presents, which was really stupid. If #1 wanted a chemistry set and #2 a teddy bear, I would buy two science sets and two stuffed animals (with the result that I spent twice as much money as necessary and twice as much physical stuff came into my house).

Now it is so clear to me how toxic that system was, but it seemed important at the time to do it that way. When I was a kid I was often jealous of the presents my sister got instead of me. Like I would get a cook book and my little sister would get a doll. So I always got my two girls the same things so no one would be jealous. Definitely resulted in my kids being basket cases, each in her own way. There was always way too much stuff in the house, and never a sense if abundance. Does that make any sense? There was junk and not treasures.

Now that my father died, I have more disposable income than I ever had before. My kids have both had the experience of being broke, of paying the consequences of poor planning.

My older daughter (who barely managed to graduate from college) is trying to get into a very competitive graduate program. She is taking courses this semester to try to improve her GPA. She is losing sleep because of Cs and Ds she got in 2012. Hey, honey, that's why people try not to get Cs and Ds! She is angry that she had bad grades before, but she needs not to get bad grades in the first place.

I guess Christmas makes me feel a little wistfull. How about you? Plans, traditions, company?

I used to have traditions, etc, but don't now that the kids left and each has a family of their own. Aside from my birthday plan/tradition, there is none.

I'll count it a good omen if Granny, during our usual morning call, remembers to say "Merry Christmas" (and that's all I hope for my birthday from her. . . that she remembers it's my birthday and says "Happy Birthday"). Otherwise, it's just another day.

I MIGHT use my super-duper walker and go see my hellibores around the side of the house.The Josef Lemper should be in bloom on Christmas day, with 2 others blooming about a week or so later. I'll see if I can take pictures.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.