Image Copyright Agavegirl1

In reply to: ...so what are you up to?

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of ...so what are you up to?
Agavegirl1 wrote:
Please stop talking to me.
I do not want to talk to you.
Please stop being combative and persisting in pursuing this matter.
Please stop harassing me.
This behavior is not helping things.
I have let the matter go.
Can you please do the same?

Thank you.

Others,

Went outside today to enjoy the lovely weather. It has been great here with temps in the 88 to 85 degree range. *YIPPEE* Summer is long gone. No more 110+ days.
The weather is still on average 10 degrees hotter than norm, but hey, I\'ll take it. :D
It has finally made doing yard work enjoyable.

Surprised that things are still blooming and growing actively as that is not what typically used to happen. Major growth spurts going on here and things are blooming! It looks to be summer is our new winter where things just shut down and go comatose and then pick up in fall and soon to be winter. Well, I\'m hoping winter.
We\'ll see what December, January and February bring. For some reason I can\'t imagine it getting below the mid 50s and into the upper 30s at night based on the rate we are going.

So what I\'ve got going on is a whole bunch of Aloe vera getting ready to bloom. A lot of Mammillaria species just bursting out of the little \'bubble bed\' I had made. In two weeks some of them have literally doubled in size.

I have a Parodia Magnifica bed. Within that they are sprouting new growth like crazy. The one picture isn\'t real clear but if you look to the left you\'ll see a tiny fuzzy thing. That\'s new growth. The potted plants are a different variety of Echinopsis but they\'re going insane also.

Note the Octopus Agaves (large green ones with the wavy arms). Summer they were about half that size.

Finally going to have a chance to do a few things in that back yard in terms of planting. That is making me happy.

So what does everyone else have going on in their garden?
AG

---A. veras getting ready to spring into action. Note the octopus agaves in the back! :D
---New growth on the Parodia. Left side of the larger growth.
---Echinopsis gone crazy!
---Overview of the Parodia bed. They sure didn\'t look like this during summer.
---Assorted Mammillaria just plump, happy and exploding out of their space.
A few more pics of the Mammillaria and pincushion type of cacti in the next post.