Winter chat

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Same here DH is building these amazing cabinets for his mess of a garage and learned how to use the kreg pocket screw thing. I have taught a class on Mason bees for our Master Gardner group mostly off of youtube and built a couple of bee houses. Those of you with fruit trees should watch this video on mason bees they are much better pollinators than honey bee and they don't sting.
http://www.growingagreenerworld.com/solitary-bees-pollinators/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqXubOScx6E

first video is actually a pbs tv show, second one is more technical on mason bees very interesting.
Ok so I have so far spent over an hour playing on the internet...hummm wonder where my time goes...lol

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Joyce, I thought you were working doing taxes.. how can you have so much down time? LOL I am at the computer way too much..until the "perfect" gardening day.. and then I am MIA..
Waiting for that day..

Morgantown, WV

Today was a nice day I ended up running all day. Came home with 10 chicks! We had 10 down to three. They are so cute when little. Few days ago I planted coleus inside. In March I will be planting more.

hi dottie, don't ya just love coleus? I know I do! I love it when they sprout from seeds they are so cute!

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Morgantown, WV

Yes I enjoy them too!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Love those Coleus!

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

your style of gardening reminds me of mine, Dottie,

one more day Linda, are you ready?

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I am ready.

Boy what a storm we had last night. about 10:30 huge winds came up, then lots of quarter size hail and a tornado. We have broken windows in the house on the east side, cars are full of dings from the hail.

oh no!!!, well, at least YOu are okay? you'll have time to worry about repairs after you get home , right?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

My goodness, Linda, that's a lot of damage. Tornadoes are scary. We have them here occasionally. Well, we have the tornado warnings but we haven't had one through this area in quite awhile.

My son is at our place dog sitting, so he is replacing windows for us. We called the car insurance and filed a claim and will get the cars fixed when we get back.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I saw a chance of tornadoes here in NC forecast for tomorrow. Hold on to your hats!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow Linda Kay.

Dottie, would you by any chance have any extra coleus seeds? I have been looking for some and would be glad to pay postage.

Kathy

Thanks Kathy.

Morgantown, WV

Kat I would have been happy to share but I only got 20. Of course I planted all of them. Anybody heard of earthboxes? I've got like 20 I have my veggie garden on my back deck! I make spaghetti sauce every year. I've got like 15 green pepper plants started and 12 hot peppers started. And 10 baby chicks in my bedroom. Works out good for now they want warm and I am keeping room extra warm any way. My 7 year old granddaughter is enjoying the chicks.

Morgantown, WV

By the way we have had huge hail storms here I hate them!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I do too, Dottie. I have a metal carport. So far, no hail damage.

I've seen the Earth Boxes. I've used Growbags in the past.

Morgantown, WV

Today was a surprise day for me called former rain all day it was interesting the 60's felt great so for a few hours I got more outsiders work done. 3:30 storm came in dark and dreary now! I am happy I hot those few hours in. I love thist Times whenever I get to start searching to see what is coming up this year. I've been trying to grow peony bushes here. I have one that looks real good but I got probably got four more I don't even see! They are not cheap to buy but I thought I could growth in them it is still really early I was just wondering if anyone here has them.

I hope your peony is up and at em soon, Dottie. Linda I have been thinking of you all day, please have someone let us know how you are?

Kat, I have coleus seeds.. email me? Basement ibeams are up, concrete gets poured friday, Sunday while I am off I will be able to go out a back door again, yippee!

Morning everyone. I am doing really good. Hardly any pain. :)
Therapist has been here. We walked about 30 feet and I am sitting in a chair for a bit.

CONGRATULATIONS Linda Kay I am sooooo happy for you!!! I was concerned how you are doing and so glad to hear you walked 30 feet! Just so exciting. Glad your life is going to be so much better.

I am sooo very sorry to say I have decided to leave DG, I will miss you all sooo much! I have about a week left on my subscription March 2 or 3 I have been a member since forever it seems. I will think of you all often. Linda so glad I was able to see you get better. I will be on ATP under happgarden like here, my avatar hopefully will be the same as soon as I figure out where my DGD's picture is on the computer....lol
Cville, I will miss predicting the weather heading your way from my house. Oh heck I will just miss you.

Best wishes and lots of good luck, sunny days followed by a few showers to keep the flowers blooming.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Linda glad to know that you are doing good. Will still keep you in my thoughts and prayers

Morgantown, WV

I just joined this group happ don't leave lol. I was surprised when I got on here and things were changed so much. I hope to enjoy conversing with others here. I'm also glad to see you back who had the operation.

Happy, don't leave us.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks, happ. I'm on ATP too so maybe I'll see you there.

Linda, that's good news. I know it's a relief.

Dottie, we'll still be here so please continue to chime in and let us know how your garden is doing.

Morgantown, WV

I'm sorry what is ATP?

allthingsplants.com it is a plant site and forum and free. Layout is different but so is the layout for Davesgarden...lol

Linda Kay you will be so happy come this summer when everything is healed and you are back on the trampoline? lol Well maybe atleast without pain. ;)

i"m not going anywhere! lINDA SO GLAD YOU ARE DOING OKAY... CAN i CALL YOU?

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Linda. glad that you are home

Morgantown, WV

Thank you for all things plant. I've been to that site before didn't know about forum. I don't have people around me that likes plants like me so I am on my own with my joy it is nicet O talk yo people's who enjoy different aspects about gardening.

Yes, you can call. I am home.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

How is your recuperation coming along, Linda?

We've been having some gorgeous sunsets ...

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Morgantown, WV

Well today I see 20 coleus. The seeds I got from park seed. They were called giant exhibition coleus. All 20 seeds came up. Will be curious to see how they look. My green peppers and hot peppers are doing well. Monday I will be planting my impatien seeds. March 12 I will start my tomato seeds.

Beautiful sunset Carole.

Home Heath is supposed to be here this afternoon for evaluation and scheduling a therapist.

Dottie, glad to hear your seeds are sprouting for you.

Morgantown, WV

Linda I pray you get your strength back quickly. I have a heart condition that keeps me from being too active. Gardening seems to help me with stress in my body. I known to feel better after even if it hurts while I'm working.

Beautiful photos! You did a great job capturing the colors.

Woop Woop Linda Kay you are leaping along.....

Gardens are wonderful in helping us relax and stress relief as they work us to death..lol Nothing feels better. Really warm here 73 again....as much as I love it, not good for the plants in zone 5a! Everything is popping up quickly.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Ok ladies, I could use some ideas. I want to plant flowers in my Mom's square rinse that she used with the wringer washer. What would you all suggest? She loved the color purple. Thanks Kathy

Morgantown, WV

Do you want to users annuals or perrinells?

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Maybe both so I could change it up if I want to. I lost her in November

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.