Winter chat

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

There have been some rude people, but for the most part, I really enjoy coming here for the great friends and company.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Debra, I'm ready for a road trip also. Need to get away and see the world. LOL

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

Someone say Roadtrip?????

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

well, I am just so glad to have u all here with me together.. :D look what Joe made today while I was at work.. no flour.. egg whites, real expensive choclate, sugar and cut up dried cherries and pecans.. dang him, he is gonna have me expecting these all the time now.....

Thumbnail by joeswife
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Wow! Lucky you, Debra. Those look delish.

I always enjoy chatting with the folks here.

YUM! Pass the cookies please? You have an awesome hubby.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Send some cookies my way Debra. I also love chatting with the people on here. Megan (my daughter) has a doctor's appointment today to see how things are going with the baby. If she hasn't went into labor by Sunday night, he will put her in. So by Monday we should have a baby. That even will get me out of a day of work, especially as this is my weekend to work.

Sending prayers for an easy and safe delivery.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks Linda Kay

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I am registered with ATP, but it seems like it is organized a lot different from the way Dave's Used to be. I can't find my way around Dave's now either. My subscription is up in March also and I may not up again. Never tried cubits. Guess I need to spend some time looking around both sites.
The reason I came on tonight was to try to change my address for the newsletter to a different address, but have not found how to do that yet either.
I have had a hot mail address forever. Since I first got a computer. Gradually I moved over to gmail and used it the most, although I still had hotmail for my ebay account and a couple of other things. I would check it every week or so. I checked it today and BAM they have done away with it. All my emails are gone. Hotmail is now Outlook, a name that I learned to hate years ago because it was so full of bugs and unexpected changes. That was the main reason I went to gmail. Have any of you had this experience. From what i read on line, all the emails are gone along. I just want to get clean away from microsoft, but I guess that is impossible.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Pretty hard to get away from Microsoft but not total impossible, you would have to use lynx as the operating system, opensource for word and excel, and then google as an email account. Good thing about outlook it is emails are stored on your computer and as long as you do backups you won't ever lose them. Short of the operating system google can almost rid you of microsoft. Course I am not a fan of google but each their own.

We are hitting nearly 60 today and I am off work. I will put my boots on cause the ground is frozen and melting all the same time and go check out everything and clean out my car it is horrible. Pretty soon it is going to be deemed a bio hazard site...lol

Congrats on the new baby, so exciting.

Sounds like everyone is ready to escape the winter...lol and have some fun.

Linda Kay not much longer, I am excited for you.

at the top of all the pages there is an announcement from management

One more month Joyce.

I read the apology from them, and all the comments. Some of the comments are coming from the heart, and telling them how they/we all feel.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hmm, yes we do run the gamut here, don't we?

As for me - I was surprised but grateful to see the "Update" link and new thread on this morning's home page. Not sure how long it's been up there, but I think it wise for the company to re-think it's procedures before implementing such dramatic, ineffectual changes.

Crystal - I just noticed your post about Hotmail/outlook. I also have a hotmail account which I use for specific purposes. I am able to access the link on my cell phone which I placed there and still says "hotmail" however, I am not able to open that same link any longer on my computer. While the page header now says Outlook, my hotmail account is still active and I still have access to all of my old saved emails.

I noted the change/transfer from hotmail to outlook months ago when I was offered an email address with an outlook domain.

Happ - the outlook program on your desktop is now online! Yes, all your microsoft desktop programs are now across the web and you can subscribe monthly for access.

A.

This message was edited Jan 29, 2016 10:34 AM

I still have outlook on my pc and I still download everything. Shortly we will be paying monthly for everything we can't get as opensource. The way of the future.
TV isn't free (or atleast almost everyone pays for it), radio isn't free (or atleast alot of people pay for it), programs are no longer a one time charge and it is yours (use to be a ton of free genealogy information now it is owned almost completely by ancestory.com, on and on and on! lol

I'm excited for you Kat, a baby! I bet you are so anxious, as I am sure your daughter is.
LK, I am excited for you to have your surgery, only because I know you will feel better this time next year.
Crystal! ((hugs))
all the bugs and all the yipes, still aren't gonna push me away from this site. If I can get on and see you guys, here, I don't need to go anywhere else. I might gripe if something changes, but if I left when something didn't work right, I'd be divorced a hundred times already.
Joyce, Rose and Joanna are together up there tonight, I didn't get to go, I have to work tomorrow. Now I am on a new pill, for High Blood Pressure, and I felt fine all this whole time so I do not understand. I have gained 9 pounds since Joe has retired, but at 5 ft 5 and 139 pounds, I don't think that would give me high blood pressure. *sigh*
My lady in red salvias are blooming downstairs, and so is my pineappple sage, so happy to see color down there.
Kat, I'm going to send your seeds out ( MG's) this next week, yay! If anyone has taken me up on a plant offer, now is the time to remind me, cuz after this next storm blows by, I am wanting to start sending out stuff.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Me too, Linda (about the surgery). Please keep us informed.

Me too, Debra. Nothing here on the earth is perfect all the time. Goodness, what a fuss was made about some of the smallest issues (IMHO). I didn't like some of the changes and the way things were handled either but I feel like you do that if I took offense over every little thing that goes awry here, I'd have left 100 times already. I hope people are happy wherever they are.

In one of the swaps, the "hostess" took offense and reamed me out about the things I sent to my buddy. She told me I shouldn't have sent what I did although everything fit the theme of the swap. That will probably be the last swap I ever do here and certainly I won't do anymore of hers. Who needs that?? Still rankles me to think about it. She must be a very unhappy person.

Anyway, I'm glad some of the old-timers are still around. As Taylor Swift sings, shake it off. :)

Later gator. After a while crocodile.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Well, Debra, the Jayhawks beat the Wildcats last night in overtime. It was a barn-burner. KY doesn't have the team they had last year when they went all the way to the finals, but I suspect the young players will continue to improve as the season goes along. They're 16-5 at the moment.

Carole, Basket Ball is a big deal in this town. I usually stay neutral about such things, kind of like politics. I am Gung Ho over Wichita State , tho.
Isn't it funny how some times you join in on a swap and then think you are doing the right thing and find out it was the worse thing ever from the persons receiving, and the one running the swap?
I have to admit I love swaps, but I am really picky now about who is running it before I join in. reminds me of a child throwing a temper tantrum in the store, and as we watch, we just shake our head and thank God it isn't us mothering that child.
I hope your team comes along strong.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Waiting on the baby over half way there

Keeping her in our prayers for a safe delivery, and a healthy child.

I bet you are so anxious. Keep us posted.

Kathy posted on Facebook, two hours ago, she had girl. Myah Gracelynn. A cutie for sure. Go to her fabebook page for pictures.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the update, LK! Happy healthy is what we like to hear. :)

Cville and Debra: you two make me laugh, of course, you have all made me laugh over the years. Fortunately I don't think I'm the one who reamed you out, in fact, I'm the one who deserves the "reaming!" Have always loved our swaps here though. I have been bowled over typically by everyone's generosity.

Hope everyone's enjoying this pretty day - another unnaturally gorgeous day for midwinter here in NC, after last week's snow storm though, who's complaining about a 70 degree day?

xox
A.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

The Jayhawks got the best of the Wildcats in overtime. Good game though.

I'm done with swapping on DG. Don't need to be paying for abuse. :(

Well, onto something else.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Yes, Myah Gracelynn is here. 6 lbs. 15.8 ozs. 20 1/4 inches long and dark hair. Not as much as Noah had but plenty for bows. Mother and daughter are doing great. As soon as they had her cleaned up, she stuck her thumb in her mouth but pulled it out as soon as she had a bottle

awwww congratulations, Kat and I bet you will be having a lot of fun now..

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Congrats!

Not for sure whats going on, I click on skip to new, and the last post I see is from Carole, saying congrats. I then go back to the home page, and this thread keeps showing up as new post have been made, but the last one I see is from Carole?

I just had that same issue, maybe it doesn't show your post if you were the last to respond? I responded on mid-west forum, got off and looked like someone had responded so I clicked it agAIN and went to new and nothing, my response doesn't show at all. I hope they got these programmers at a discount...rofl.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thought I would change my picture to Miss Myah Gracelynn. She had her 1st drs. appointment yesterday,

awwww what a sweetie! I bet you are so kacited!

Awe, she is so beautiful!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks Debra and Linda Kay, we all just love her to pieces and her brother has finally decided that he would keep her. LOL

Awe, she has a big brother to protect her.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Linda, he is 28 months old so wasn't sure how to take her at first. Now he doesn't want to leave her alone.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

They are adorable, kat. Congratulation to you all! :)

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks Carol

Congrats, great they are close in age. We were far apart and don't feel like I grew up with either sister.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I lost track of this thread for awhile. How is everyone doing? What's going on in your gardens? It's cold here today but we're about to start a big warm-up. I'm still anxiously waiting for the daffodils to start blooming.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.