Winter chat

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

she sure is... !

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I think you're right, Debra. Now I get it.

We have a couple of inches of soft snow on the ground. It's a good day to stay inside.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Morning everyone! Fresh pot of coffee is on!

Not doing much today. I am so glad it is not cold here. My hip hurts bad enough, it would be worse if we had snow.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

But it's soooo hot there in the summer. ;-) Most everyplace has pros and cons to its weather.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I'll take a cuppa, I am freezing! Hope your hip feels better after that surgery, LK.
I asked Joe if we could move south, he said NOOOOO TOOO HOT! ugh. knowing him he'd be happy in Montana.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I tried a dozen times to post a pic on another forum w/o luck, Failed to load every time. Is something wrong here just now or is this an ongoing problem?

Not for sure what the problem is. Probably another bug to fix.

yes it is working, now....

This message was edited Jan 21, 2016 1:24 AM

Thumbnail by joeswife
Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Good evening,

They say that we could have up to a foot here, 7 at least. All I need to do is make it thru work tomorrow, go into my small town and get what I need. Kathy, I really do need milk and bread but have to make sure that I have food for the animals also. My daughter is picking up the rabbit food and supposed to drop it off at work tomorrow. As she is due in about 3 weeks to have her baby, could be sooner as I haven't talked to her today and this was her appointment, I just hope that she doesn't go into labor with all this snow they are calling for.

Debra, if you have extra plants and would like to send me some in the spring for postage, I would be most grateful.

Linda Kay, good luck with the hip replacement and enjoy those temps of 65, high of 20 today and 19 yesterday.

Everyone stay safe and warm.

Kathy

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh, a new baby on the way?! That would be a wonderful Valentine's Day present, a precious little cherub.
We're supposed to get about the same, as we're in the same path as you, a little further north on the wave, though. Below us toward Charleston, they're saying up to 16".. but by mid week next, it's looking like 45 degrees..
I had my first one mid January '75. Back then it was a minimum of a 3 day stay, and the second day after I delivered, it snowed 6-8" overnight. They weren't sure they were going to release me, but the trucks had the hospital roads plowed, so by noon I was taking him home. My second one I had mid July in 100 degree heat wave that had lasted almost a week. Not sure which was worse, being 2 weeks late in Mid January or on time in a heat wave with no air conditioning!
Linda, when is your surgery scheduled? I know you've posted it, but couldn't remember...

22 Feb.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

coming up, then.. sure hope you recover quickly and this works for you!

Thanks, I pray it works too, but at this point, anything has to be better.

Kathy/Katgrove, have you heard from your daughter?

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Linda, yes, if she hasn't went into labor by the 31st they are going to put her in the hospital and induce labor as she has Strep B and will have to have antibiotics to make sure that the baby is safe. She has to have them for 4 hours before she is born.

Prayers for all of you.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

How is everybody holding up? We have at least 4" here in NC. I don't have cable/internet so I'm just going by what's on the back steps.I'm so crazy with work I wasn't really paying attention to the forecast. Looks like this time they were not making a mountain out of a molehill!

This photo taken around ten a.m.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

Hey Amanda. How are you doing? That is a beautiful picture, but you can keep the snow.

Keeping your daughter in our prayers.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

So I get a notice about my subscription to DG is getting ready to expire. I told them how I felt about the changes and all the problems. I am really discouraged with it all. Has anyone been to the plant file it is horrible, the largest thing on the screen is today's features, and it is on every screen do I really have to see it on every screen and the plant I am looking up be so small and half the information is missing!! Gheez hate to be a whiner and I am not against change but I really can't find one improvement with these changes...

Ok I have taken a deep breath and sorry.

Wow NC in single digit and snow....yuck. Atleast I am zone 5 and know this is going to happen... we are suppose to get up in the 40's this weekend which will be nice except it being a sloppy mess...better have lots of windshield fluid. lol

Hope everyone warms up. That is enough snow we don't need anymore...

Joyce, they say they are working on fixing the bugs, and I do pray they do it quickly. However the bug fixes started almost a month ago, and so far they have not fixed much that I can see. We are all trying to stick together to get through this. I hope you stick with us too!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I agree. I'm not exactly sure what they've fixed or improved. I think the idea was to make it compatible with all devices. Since I only have a desktop PC, I can't tell if they succeeded or not. It was a real mess for awhile. I hope they didn't pay much for this "fix".

It snowed all day yesterday. We've got about 7 inches of new snow on the ground. The problem, of course, is the ice that's underneath it.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Carole, I hope you have some salt to sprinkle to melt that ice. No whoopdedoo's allowed!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

We have about 10 inches and the snow is supposed to stop by noon. Just hope that they get my back roads cleared in time for me to go to work on Monday; They plowed my road once yesterday so hope they plow it again after all the snow has stopped.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

They plowed here but it refroze overnight.

I have Epsom Salts but I'm out of the commercial Ice Melt I usually buy ahead of winter unless there's some in the garage. I hope they have it at Walmart the next time I'm able to go.

that is too much snow for me. I don't use a device either, Carole.
Hi Amanda! stay warm ya all.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It's warming nicely here and we've had a lot of melting. There's still lots of the white stuff on the ground but it's supposed to rain tonight so that should take care of most of the rest of it. Then it will turn very warm.

whoa, that is alot of snow for both of you. Yuck. We are actually warming up and don't have alot of snow left. Since the snow has left I am making the wild birds eat up the seed on the ground....heavens they make a mess.

Only thing as a grown up I like about the snow is looking at the tracks in the snow before my dogs get out there and mess it all up. I got a great pic of some bunny trails...lol I have a friend that is a hunter and the next snow he going to send me some pics of bob cat tracks and any other tracks he finds.

I hope I stick with it here also. I haven't decided love everyone here but the plant files are so bad.

Thumbnail by happgarden
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

If you do leave, let us know where you go and if you're using the same screen name. I'm on ATP and Cubits and a couple of other sites.

Me too also under happgarden. I don't want to leave but don't want to pay for something I really don't like....it isn't alot of money.....I thought cubits and atp were the same thing...rofl.

I saw some of the older members that were here when Dave sold out over on the other sites. I haven't been on them for ages and ages.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I know. I keep hoping they'll get things straightened out. There is so much speculation that I don't have a clue who knows what. I'm a bit surprised at Melody and Terry but they are employees so I get where they're coming from. Financial interests.

ATP is a plant site. Cubits is a chat site. I think most of the people there came from here or from ATP. If you are on ATP, I think they still immediately add you to Cubits. At least that's how it used to be.

I am at both, but the peeps I am closest to are here, and some of them are on ANY sites now, but I am still close :)
which brings me to this statement:
A good friend stays a good friend, no matter where the friendship is started.

I agree Debra! I am a member of both of the other sites, but have not been there i a long time, other than the quilting thread on cubits.

Oh Linda, It was SO MUCH FUN meeting you last year! Are you sure you don't NEED me to come down and care for you when you get your hip re-done?
and, you know, I bet Paula would help if she knew how to drive ... :D
Where is that pic of us anyways?? LOL

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Oh....love to see your flowers in the winter....
I've been "growing" ice globes.....since nothing else will grow here during the winter. I got the kit online from wintercraft....it's fun! And this year - I'm using underwater tealights to light them up....they make them glow in pretty colors!

Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32

wow those are kool! how did you get the tea lites under that ice? This is very very cool..

I found the picture Debra! :)

Ali, those look really nice. But they would be melted here before the day was out.

Thumbnail by taters55
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Ha! I love the pic of LK and Debra.

I also started accounts on those other sites and many all over the web so you can find me wherever you go! Heh.

DG has been churning out bad changes to this site for years now. My membership is due in March. Has the cost increased to pay for this new fangled programming? Sheesh!

I think many old timers left, but I think just as many will stay due to the friendships formed here. I agree with you Debra, but I found the seed that started our friendship growing right here on DG. ;)

A.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Snow is melting here and I am able to see the grass in most places. I also have met a lot of very friendly and giving people on this site and I am the richer for it,

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

most snow is almost gone, except for the huge piles. All in just a couple days... and this weekend is supposed to be in the 50s..! While I don't really care for extremely cold/wet winter weather, I'm not really ready for it to warm up too fast either - I don't want to start mowing grass yet!!!

I agree Amanda.. heh Kizmet, I am not ready for mowing grass either!
I am ready to plan a road trip, tho...

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Most of the complaints I've read about DG say that it's too "cliquey" and people are rude. From personal experience, I'd have to say I've experienced some of that on some threads. I do think that issue has gotten better.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.