2015 christmas swap... Let's unwrap the goodies

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Looks like everyone had a wonderful Christmas, as we did too. Our small family was laughing all day. My Joe said he has never heard as much laughter in ths house as he did Christmas Day. We went thru old photos, drank some Asti, the boys did shots of Crown ( a tradition) and I was missing the folks we didn't have here, but with the memories that were shared and laughed about, it was as if they were all here.

I was so happy to have my three I raised here, and they all reverted to being the three little kids they always will be in my eyes.
We drove Joanna back to KC yesterday and it rained on us all the way back on the turnpike. I told Joe I really didn't want to die on the hi-way, he took my hand and told me today wasn't that day, and slowed down. ( We passed three horrible wrecks)
I slept in till ten today. It is cold, windy and freezing, everything that wasn't nailed down was all over the yard. LOL
Mike and Paula are on their way up to KC, ahead of the ice and snow, and later today I will be accepting Oreo, the dog we are sitting.
So glad you are all safe and sound, I texted my niece in Texas and told her to be safe from the storms there. She promised me she would. Baby, it is cold out there!
Cute chic, Susie!
The two sisters , uncle Mike on the porch, and "Bubby" LOL

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Beautiful tree, Debra!

I'm looking forward to meeting with the group too, Julie. Yes, maybe you should start one there.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas Debra. Glad to hear the kids could be there.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Sounds like great fun Debra. Except for the driving home in the horrible rain, and it was pouring here. Glad everyone is safe at home.

We all eat a chocolate covered cherry in remembrance of my Mom, she loved them and once she became a diabetic she would buy them for us to eat so she could enjoy them...lol The grown up kids acted like kids, my nephews daughter who is 9 told her Dad that was no way for a 30 year old to act...rofl...

Wow Linda Kay it is cold there.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

What horrible, crazy weather in Texas. I hope you are all okay.

My DH loved chocolate covered cherries. We always got him a box for Christmas and they didn't last long. Not my favorite candy though I do like the dark chocolate ones.

Anyone seen the new Star Wars movie?

We have not seen the movie yet. I heard on the news it has made $238 million dollars in the first 12 days.

DANG WEATHER IN TEXAS HAD ME WORRIED ALL NIGHT ABOUT EVERYONE!
oops caps lock sorry, checking in from work..
that chocolate covered cherry tradition is a great idea Joyce and I am glad your family had a fun time!
Carole, when you all decide where ya meeting, I'm coming.
Man, that trip into work was a real steering wheel gripper... *sigh* so good to be here safe and sound..LOL

Sorry to hear you had to drive in nasty weather, glad you got there safe.

I can only eat just one chocolate cherry, too rich and sweet for me.

Haven't seen Star Wars, I am one of the odd people out, even when I was younger Star Wars was ok, but I liked Close encounter of the 3rd kind better. I will watch when it makes netflicks or amazon. Well LK would love to have 42 degree weather, we have had rain, sleet, ice, and snow in about 6 hours times.

I did go shopping this am and got home in the nick of time. I am still returning things..lol Didn't figure any one was out and no one was.

We are going to single digits, and LOTS of wind...yuck!

Safe and warm everyone.

Ocean Springs, MS

we're good here, but a town in the northern part of the state was hit by an F-3 tornado. Some lost their lives. So sad! It is weird the things that nature can do. There's a picture going around on Facebook where the tornado tore up a piece of the road. The gap looked like the outline of the state of Mississippi! Praying for everyone else! ♥

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Wind, phooey. I hate it. It's a gray day here. Only a slight breeze and no rain. Mother Nature has been so grumpy lately.

I think I see a few Crimson Honeysuckle blooms out there. The banana tree is putting out new stalks and all the daffodils are up. Think I should call her Mother Confusion this year. :(

Ocean Springs, MS

Got that right, Carole! We've had azaleas blooming and I saw a Japanese magnolia in full bloom last week. I might be in your neck of the woods around Feb. 6. I'll let you know for sure later. If I make it, we are going to Ms. Lucille's! ♥

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EV1

Yeap a New Year is hot on our heels. I got sick from my DSS who came over sick and now I am sick...geehz. I have a ton to do and no energy to do anything. My whole head hurts...whine whine whine...lol

Happy new year everyone.

Joyce, I hope you are feeling better soon.

(Patti) Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

Thinking of you, Joyce. Sick is no way to start a new year so you have 12 hours to get well! Lots and lots of fluids if you can do it.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Quote from froggies_girl :
Got that right, Carole! We've had azaleas blooming and I saw a Japanese magnolia in full bloom last week. I might be in your neck of the woods around Feb. 6. I'll let you know for sure later. If I make it, we are going to Ms. Lucille's! ♥

Yes, mam, we definitely will. :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Yay! Carole, looks like I'll be coming if all works out! Just hope snow isn't too bad! LOL

Happy New year to all and be safe! I'm staying home! ♥

Joyce, hope you feel better!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

We usually don't have a lot of snow but it generally comes in January, February, and early March. Last year was a very warm year so we'll see what happens. :) I'm hoping for no ice. Hate ice!

Happy New Year, everybody. I can't believe it's 2016!

Ocean Springs, MS

Two years ago, y'all had a lot of snow. And the morning my grandson was born, it was 4* when I went to the hospital. Coldest weather I ever experienced! LOL

I pray NO ICE! If it looks like ice, I won't come! I can't drive in it!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

No, you shouldn't drive in it.

That ice storm was the only one we've had in the 8 years I've been here.

the sun is shining!

Sun is out here too, but it is only 37, it is supposed to be 57 this afternoon.

No sun and temp is barely 20. I did hear later this week we might warm up before an artic blast comes down....geehz! I need to move we would be so happy with 57!

DH is sick with what I caught from my DSS. DH says now, now that he is sick, that we will postpone Christmas, Easter or whatever if anyone is sick like DSS was Christmas...rofl. I am getting over it, but it is still lingering.

No New Year resolutions? Haven't heard any said out loud? .... ;)

Mine are:
Just be happy don't sweat the small stuff
Get organized....I am getting better (slowly)
Eat better
Lose weight....think that has been on this list since 1970...lol
and of course exercise more

No resolutions here. I just promise to do the best I can, when I can.

Lose weight? :) Not that easy when your joints hurt to move.

Glad to hear you are on the mend, but sorry to hear hubby has the crud. I hope he is feeling better soon.

Ocean Springs, MS

Good morning! I think we all need warmer weather at our age! LOL
I used to love summer, but now I can't work outside in the heat! It's just not easy on me in the cold or the heat!

No resolutions for me! I've never made them, so I can never feel guilty about breaking one! I can make goals. Easier to manage and a lot more satisfying to meet!

Hope you all have a good day! ♥

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.