2015 christmas swap... Let's unwrap the goodies

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

This message was edited Dec 12, 2015 6:34 AM

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

I am so very, very sorry! What else can I say? The silly Lil voice in my head said it was a good idea. Something different! I guess because I would appreciate something like that...I did not stop to think...not everyone would! We all get a thing or two in these swaps that we don't really use....I thought this was something anyone can use. Nothing personal was meant by it. You have been too good to me over the past almost 8 years for me to intentionally hurt your feelings. I am truly sorry. I will send you a replacement immediately.
To everyone else, I apologize as well. I truly did not see anything wrong with two boxes of cleaning supplies. I thought it was a good thing. My idea was that the first thing I think of when Christmas is near....is that I have to spruce up my house! Top to bottom!
I humbly apologize, and I will not be participating in swaps anymore. I do love you all, and wish you well. Especially you, deejay.

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

Deejay, this am I mailed a card to you, please don't think it had anything to do with this when you received it.

This message was edited Dec 12, 2015 6:35 AM

Ocean Springs, MS

Here are the pictures of the awesome gifts I received from Patti! I'll be back to fill in all the info on the goodies! Patti, I love it, love it, love it! Thank you!

Candy cane ornament, Christmas card holder,
Hot chocolate mix, Holiday earrings
Reindeer plant stake, reindeer ornament, Reindeer tin with peppermints
Hershey kisses (I'll use them for my thumbprint cookies)
Beautiful kitchen towel "Peace"
Santa ornament ( I love rustic ornaments), Santa Planter
Tree Snow globe, Terrestria nun's orchid (please give me info about planting, please)
Beautiful Christmas Doll, more beautiful Night Scene Potholder
Awesome Notebook (thanks because I do keep a journal), Jeanne d'Arc crocus
Snowman Set (love it, oh yes), Stained Glass Bell Ornament (an antique that Patti so lovingly passed on to me since I collect antiques. I will find a place to display it year-round)

Thank you for making me feel so special! I truly love everything! ♥

This message was edited Dec 11, 2015 9:52 PM

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

Two more pics! Yay!

I edited these pics and they still turned sideways! UGH!

Hope you can see everything because I love it all! By the way, when I received the box, it had a note written on it "Scanned 12/09." That means my post office took 2 days to deliver it to me! They are horrible this time of year. One person that substitutes on my route will not deliver packages to my door. So, she probably took it back to the PO and the regular mailman delivered it today!

Thank you again, Patti! Merry Christmas! ♥

This message was edited Dec 11, 2015 9:58 PM

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Patti really put her heart into that box, she did a great job for her first ever swap. She is going to tell you to ask me about that nunn's orchid, so just plant it in fast draining soil orchid mix ( or rocks and pebbles and soil) leave about a half inch on the crown, water once, only water when dry. Sunny window . Since she was here for our box packing party, I just had to have her send one your way. :D

(((((hugs to all of you))))) Can't wait to see Patti on here..

Ocean Springs, MS

Thanks for the info, Debra! Yes, she did great! I can't wait to see that orchid grow and bloom! Another one added to my collection! ♥

(Patti) Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

This is my second attempt to post here.

I was sound asleep by the time you posted last night Julie. When I woke up, it was great to read that your box had finally arrived and it would appear that everything made it in one piece. I'm so glad you like your gifts. Although I looked for Rudolph, the only Rudolph I found looked cheap and hokey; I hope you don't mind the substitutions with the other reindeers. (smile).

I was hoping you would keep the bell out all year long. It has always been special to me and yes I did want to share it with you.

Debra was absolutely right - I would have said "talk to Debra". LOL

Debra {{{{{ hug }}}}} a huge thank you for inviting me to the swap and for giving me guidance, input, help and for actually mailing the box. She also added some items to the box Julie. Thank you so much, Debra. And thank you to all for making me feel welcome. Merry Christmas!

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you, Patti, for everything! And thank you, too, Debra! I love all of it! {{{Hugs}}}

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Julie, that is an awesome box you got.

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you, Linda Kay! I have put everything in its place! Hiding the Hershey's kisses so I can make my PB blossoms cookies. :-)

I want to keep the thread open in case anyone wants to post pics of how/where they used their goodies! Susie, there are some things headed your way, so keep an eye out for them! ♥

Julie , Ty But I'm fine & You don't have to do anything I have actually used a couple of the cleaners The floor clearner & lysol clearner . My Mood swing is MUCH Better ,
Today I had my new foot Brace fitting but have to have a few ajustments made so it won't be ready till Jan 17 th now .
also My biopsy came back NO CANCER :)
So Merry christmas ev1

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Oh deejay what a wonderful Christmas present! A negative biopsy is wonderful gift! Wow that had to be weighing on your mind, I know it would mine. Congratulations, now you can breath again.

Amen to that! Merry Christmas!

4 am wake up call from my cat so here I am with my coffee & pour little sick kitty :) he just had a sick tummy he;s fine now :)

Yes it feels good to have all the test back & the a Ok Stamp on them :)
you all have a great day I may end up with a nap today :)

Susie, that is awesome news!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Thanks for another wonderful swap Julie!

You could not have received a better Christmas gift, Susie. Congratulations!

I also would like to thank Julie. Well done, Julie!

From my house to yours, Merry Christmas!

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you all for a wonderful swap! I love doing it!

Susie, so very thankful to hear all is fine!

Well, I have appts today and going to see granddaughters for a little bit. Mouth hurts from having the tooth pulled, but I'll just have to take some tylenol until I get home.

Y'all have a beautiful day! ♥

I hope your mouth heals quickly.

Ocean Springs, MS

Thanks, LK! Doctor called in some antibiotics yesterday. Didn't sleep well from the pain! UGH! Picking them up this morning when I do grocery shopping!

This is off topic but I have a very needy request. I am searching high and low for heirloom thanksgiving or Christmas cactus starts! The starts would come from a mother plant that is at least 25 years old. The segments were mostly rounded with just a small claw at the top of the segment. I'm feeling quite sentimental about my grandmother's plant right now. She passed away in 1982 and no one seems to know what happened to hers! If you have anything to share, please let me know. Thanks so much. ♥

Julie, I have several cuttings of those, but some I can't remember the color. I do Have a Hot Pink one I can send you now if you'd like.

Ocean Springs, MS

Debra, I'm looking for the "old-fashioned", heirloom Christmas cactus. If you have extra, then yes, I'd like a cutting. Thank you so much!

Hey, the skip to new is working!

YAY! It is working isn't it. LK? Julie I haveno idea what an heirloom cristmas cactus is, but I have about three or four from different dg'rs, and an old one from my mom in law. ( her plant is like 35 yrs old)

Ocean Springs, MS

Debra, the old one from your mother-in-law would be what I'm looking for! :-)

yeah Now if they will get rid of the OLD POST at bottom & Replace with new up-dated one's . merry christmas everyone .

Julie, if you can wait until it WARMS up a bit, I'll send you rooted pieces.

Merry Christmas Susie and everyone else!

One week to Christmas.

Are you all having family over?

I will have 13 people in the house. Both of my sons, and their kids.

I will have 9 people. Joanna is coming home for Christmas Day, Mike and Paula are coming up for a couple days from Texas. I am glad we get to see them!
Joe has been getting stuffs ready from the store, as we are hosting the dinner. So far we have the items needed for all but the Watergate salad.

I will be making spaghetti sauce, garlic bread and salad while mom makes the meatballs. If I can find it, I have a recipe my great-grandmother clipped from the newspaper probably at least 60 years ago for fruit cocktail cake. For many years, that cake was a family tradition. It must be the richest cake I have ever had the pleasure of eating. It certainly isn't pretty though. LOL

It will only be my two brothers, my mom and me.

What is watergate salad?

I hope you find your recipe Patti.

Thank you, Linda. I know our spaghetti dinner doesn't sound very festive or Christmasy, but it will be reflective of the Christmas colors of red and green. LOL

I really enjoyed preparing Thanksgiving dinner for the family but I'm just not well enough to do two big dinners so close together in time. Mom offered to make a roast but I didn't want to wear her out either. She will be 89 in April. Although we don't have a single drop of Italian blood in our lineage, we all love Italian food. I cleared the idea with everyone eating and they all gave a big thumbs up on the spaghetti idea.

That sounds really good. Does your Mom live with you?

Not yet, but that day will be coming fairly soon. She doesn't want to give up her home. I don't blame her. She wears an alarm around her neck and between my brother and I she probably answers the phone 30 times a day. One or the other of us goes out almost daily. Not always, but we do realize how lonely she gets.

Bless her heart for wanting to be on her own. Not an easy thing to do sometimes. Does she live close?

Usually, she's only about nine or ten minutes north of me. Traffic can slow that down somewhat. She is directly north of my location so I just get on the closest main road, that goes through, and drive. LOL.

I'm so glad you take such good care of your Mom, Patti. :D By the way, Spaghetti sounds lovely. I was really hoping for Joe's Lamb Chili for Christmas, but everyone wanted traditional this year. *shrug* Like the Tree, I just said Okay, Joe, You are in Charge ..

Sweet talk him into making you your chili!

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

Watergate salad, at least what we call that, is a mixture of pistachio pudding, crushed pineapple, Cool Whip, mini marshmallows and toasted pecans. Very good! My ex MIL introduced me to the lovely world of Jello salads and desserts, and would make at least 3 every holiday dinner or summer cookout. If her church had a dinner of some sort, one table was practically filled with different types.. My family had Jello in a dessert dish, sometimes Mom would spring for Dream Whip, or Gma made the Lime jello with shredded cabbage and carrots. That was the extent of our Jello. When MIL brought out the Watergate at our first dinner together, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! To this day, my side of the family doesn't do Jello desserts, so to make one I have to eat it myself! My favorite is the cranberry/raspberry/pineapple with a cream cheese/cool whip topping... That one I could hoard and have no regrets whatsoever... LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.