2015 christmas swap... Let's unwrap the goodies

(Patti) Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

If I sang at the top of my voice, the dog would howl, the cats would run and the wallpaper would peel. ROTFL

I hope you feel better Julie.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

HERE HERE Patti...rofl.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I was listening to Harry Connick Jr. On YouTube last week, when I was decorating our tree.

Well I undecorated a tree Sunday....lol The MG's put up a tree for the Christmas Festival in our small town on Thursday. Festival ran Friday and Saturday, and tree came down on Sunday...seemed kind of like a waste...lol I am proud to announce we were voted the best tree and this was by the public, I was really surprised, not that it wasn't pretty but it was 'natural', burlap skirt, burlap garland, birds, real bird nest, seed heads, etc. Not your typical tree. Sadly I didnt get a good picture of it. Underneath I brought a miniature garden all decorated for Christmas along with a small bird bath decorated with seeds, and dried orange slices.

It was 60 here today, amazing. I met a friend and then went and picked up most of the rest of the Christmas presents....now I need to wrap and get a tree.... ;(

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

sounds like a good day, Joyce, wish I had seen that tree. I went to the dentist, the dr and picked up so things that Joe almost bought for himself at various times, told him no Christmas is coming. LOL leather outside yard gloves and some spices for his BBQ'ing, and a gift card from atwoods saying "YOUR NEW RAKE" LOL no way would I wrap a rake up. :P

I picked up DH's present today. I think he is going to be happy. this is one of a few years when I have a clue what to get. lol You were smart making a note of what Joe was going to buy himself but didn't. I have a list of things usually but don't know enough about it to buy it, like a radiator for his old truck or him or I neither one can afford it...lol

We are the same way, we usually get what we want through the year, and when it comes to Christmas we have no clue what to get each other.

my hubby will not buy anything new unless he can't fix it when it breaks down, or if he already has something similar, etc. He really is so tight he squeaks whwn he walks, but he does spend money on me at occasions like Christmas. He loves to shop, but he won't buy unless there is a sale with 70% off or something. I don't mind, I am sure we ill get a new fridge as soon as this 20 yr old one breaks down... LOL
the flip side is, he is not in debt, and perfectly happy not having a lot of STUFF.

Ocean Springs, MS

Debra, your husband is thrifty! My ex spent money like crazy, sometimes leaving nothing in the account to buy groceries. We had quite a few fights about it since I was the one who did all the financial matters. But if there was not enough to cover the bills, it was MY fault! I don't miss that; I'm the only one I have to answer to now!

Today I did some quilting, decorating, and wrapping gifts. My spare room is filled with gifts I need to wrap. Think I'll have a wrapping party! LOL Anyone want to join? I'll supply the wine! ☺

Julie, I don't know your history and I apologize that I don't, but when I was single, I pretty much managed to get things done, but it was hard. While Joe was working ( he is retired now) and I had a day off, I did things he never knew, like paint the bathroom cabinet, or the floor vents, or scrubbed spots off the carpet. I came home tonight to a whole wall he tediously had removed tape glue, filled pin and tack holes and scrubbed all nice and painted in my youngest daughters now empty room. I didn't go in to notice, he told me about it, so I went in and it looked beautiful. He even picked out the color. He still has three more walls to go, but he does a wonderful job. He also removed a huge water spot stain from the berber carpet in the kitchen that had come from the drip pan overflowing, only because I asked him last night if we had carpet spot cleaner, and if not would he get some. LOL He really tries to do things here , really he does. Both of my previous hubbies did nothing except party so this guy I have been with 36 plus years is a whole new critter.
IF I lived closer I'd come over with my gifts and take you up on that party and wrap and drink some wine.... just to let you know :D

Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, Debra, can you clone him for me? So thankful to know you have someone who goes above and beyond to get things done! What a blessing! ♥

When we were in Disney, my 7-year-old grandson asked me why I didn't have a "Pop Pop"? I was at a loss for words at first, but God gave me the words. I told him that when God was ready that he would send me a "Pop Pop"! Then Liam said, "I'm gonna pray for you to have a Pop Pop." So innocent, yet so wise! I haven't dated in over 3 years and I don't go out looking. God will take care of me, with or without a Pop Pop! ♥

AWE! He is so sweet!

Debra, Joe sounds like a keeper to me. Todd will do the things on the honey do list, but it takes some coercion!

Julie, if I was closer I would join that party too!

OMG OMG OMG see me smile!

I just got my package from Debra and OMG!

Everything was wrapped and beautiful. I want to say 'thank you thank you thank you' and OMG! lol

Here are a couple of pics, I still need to unwrap and will take alot more pics!

Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden

Still smiling!! from ear to ear. Well I broke the packages into sections...lol OMG
1st off Debra knows I love strange plants and she sent me a giant stapelia in a santa clause pot which I forgot to take a picture of and this beautiful Christmas wicker pot.
2nd Oh boy does she know my weakness for chocolate look at this assortment! There was a stocking stuffed full of Russell Stover coconut & almond santa and red velvet Santa and caramel & marshmallow Santa. Then there are 2 chocolate covered graham with peppermint, 2 chocolate with toffee pretzel, a tin box with chocolate chip cookie, a box of M&M's and a big box of turtles!!
3. Me stuff, Santa socks, a Santa stocking with nail doing accessories and nail lacquer, and a candy mint foot stick, says it is rich in hydrating oils & butters and instantly refreshes tired feet! Sounds great
4. Christmas for my kitchen, two great hand towels (I always need those), a really cute spoon rest snowman, and a Winter Cookbook. DH said finally something that might help me...rofl.
5. The cutest Christmas accessories, a beautiful doll that Debra said was old, she is beautiful and I just happened to have a stand. Then there is the cutest Snowman with legs that flop all over, too cute, a china Santa on a rocking horse, a snowman cling fro my door DGD will have a ball with that, and some cliips shaped like a tree.
Now that is not all so I have to continue below.

Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden

Still smiling!
1. She sent me cards - these are stating the oblivious are Christmas cards...lol
2. Now the next couple of pictures I am guessing Debra made these? They are beautiful. I hope my picture comes out 1/2 decent these butterflies are amazing.
3. Now for the flowers, so beautiful.
4. Look at these pinecones they are just so cute, did you make these? they are beautiful! Wish we would of done that on our tree, too cool.
5. And drumroll please...lol A Santa in an airplane! Debra knows I collect them and he is just precious. Once I get all the Santas out I will post a pic of them. I have not found one this year, so this may be my first and only for 2015.

Oh Debra this box is amazing I love everything and everything arrived in perfect order...I can't say enough...thank you so much, and I am pretty sure I haven't been that good...rofl. Glad Santa didn't tell you.

Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden

What a great box! That Santa in the plane is so cute. Everything is so neat, Joyce.

Now if Julie's box would just arrive, all would be well.

Yeap I am happy happy happy...

Joyce, that is an awesome box of goodies.

I do not like this new format.

I feel for the programmers, that is what I use to do and no one like change...lol, unless you are the programmer then it is job security unless the release goes terrible wrong. They surely have some issues, but boy oh boy can they hit us with anymore advertising if they tried. geehz. We may all end up on another gardening site for sure.
So far I agree with you this is NOT an improvement but I don't make my money off of advertising...lol

i don't like clicking next over and over to get to this page and I don't like seeing threads at the bottom that are from 5 years ago. :P and why do I have to click preview every time now?

Joyce, go to preferences to stop the ads.

Quote from happgarden :
Still smiling!

those cards are note cards, I saw you had note cards on your wish list so I made some, and put in a few Christmas cards to round you out LOL
1. She sent me cards - these are stating the oblivious are Christmas cards...lol
2. Now the next couple of pictures I am guessing Debra made these? They are beautiful. I hope my picture comes out 1/2 decent these butterflies are amazing.
3. Now for the flowers, so beautiful.
4. Look at these pinecones they are just so cute, did you make these? they are beautiful! Wish we would of done that on our tree, too cool.
5. And drumroll please...lol A Santa in an airplane! Debra knows I collect them and he is just precious. Once I get all the Santas out I will post a pic of them. I have not found one this year, so this may be my first and only for 2015.

Oh Debra this box is amazing I love everything and everything arrived in perfect order...I can't say enough...thank you so much, and I am pretty sure I haven't been that good...rofl. Glad Santa didn't tell you.

So glad you liked everything.. so glad I know you, Joyce. Can't wait to hang with you soon. I hope. ((hugs))

Debra, if you are at the bottom of page 1, instead of hitting next , hit the last page number shown. That has been working for me. Of course you still have to get to the newest post, but at least you're much closer and this is quicker.

every post is doubling LOL

Ocean Springs, MS

UGH! I don't like this new format either! If it ain't broke, then don't fix it!

Joyce, you must have been a VERY good girl this year! The box of goodies you received is amazing! So glad Debra found you a Santa in an airplane! :-)

Patti, I hope I get my box soon, too! The anticipation is killing me! LOL

I have about 1/2 of the presents wrapped! I spent some time with my daughter and the baby girls this morning. One of the twins pulled up on me and the other came over and was pushing the other away. I don't know how my daughter does it! Whew!

I have to take time out tomorrow to water plants, then sewing and wrapping. Busy bee; that's me! Have a good night!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Gm Lookas there is going to maybe be a limit as to post soon I would say maybe
when we get to 150 post start a new thread. that way you will not have to go through so many page . I also use the (skip to new ) At top takes me to the last post i read .

50's today in January RARE For Mich :) but will take it have a great day .

The skip to new function only works the way you expect it to if you have one page of posts. If you have multiple pages, when you get to the bottom of the first page, instead of clicking on next, go to the actual page number. For instance, if there were seven pages of posts and you want to go to the most recent post, you would hit the number seven. Then use the skip to new to get to the bottom of the page.

They have really messed up these threads they better get their act together & ditch the new teck fine someone who knows what they are oing maybe Hire Joyce :) to put them on track . has anyone else replied to them ???? adm ??? that is

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Wow, after being gone for a month these forums suck. After a very long, long month, we have finally been able to let my Mom rest in peace no thanks to my stupid youngest brother. Now he is throwing a baby fit and wants all of her ashes even though they have been divided 4 ways and Dad was supposed to get them all. Should be an interesting day at the nursing home tomorrow when they bring them down. But he will not walk out of there with all of them. Just want to say how very much I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers that you guys have given me. That really meant a lot to me. Thanks to everybody. Love you all. Kathy

This will give you all the updates to DG!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/dg/all/

Ocean Springs, MS

Kathy, I am so sorry you are having to deal with "stupid and greedy" family members. I went through the same thing after my Daddy passed away. I had to take care of everything and all the greedy family members came out of the woodwork! I'm in the process of making my last wishes. Putting them down in writing, giving a copy to each child, and they will be blown away by my last wishes! I'm actually putting in writing that they better not get greedy and to tell anyone else who wants to be greedy to take a hike! I'm being cremated, and part of my ashes will be spread in my mom's family cemetery, some with my Daddy's grave, and the rest divided among the children to do as they please. And my memorial will be a party! i'm even making a CD of songs to be played!

Patti, my box hasn't arrived yet! But as soon as it does, I'll be posting! :=)

Second attempt to post.

Julie, my stomach is in knots over this. Debra said your box posted at the same time she sent the box for Joyce. Second day priority mail. I hope it comes today.

Kathy, my thoughts and prayers are with you today, as they have been. Drama is never a good thing, unless it's on TV.

HO HO HO!!! This is Secret Santa but I need to let my Buddy know she is not forgotten. Debra I am your Secret Santa but my present can not be mailed. Like all good Santa's it must be delivered in person, so I am hoping the next time you come to KC and have a minute or two I can make a trip to meet up with you and deliver your present in person....HO HO HO!

ROTFL Joyce. Can't you just have Santa drop it off when he's flying over in his plane? ROTFL

Why didn't I think of that....rofl.

oun

sounds good to me, Joyce. Patti, here is what the tracking number tells me:
Your item arrived at the Post Office at 4:35 am on December 11, 2015 in OCEAN SPRINGS, MS 39564.

Yippee! You should get it today Julie! Thank you for the info, Debra.

I Hope they do not leave these New Message boards this SMALL :( this is bad .

Call Me a CHRISTMAS SCROOGE But JOYCE I Do NOT Have the same HUMOR AS YOU My HOME IS LIVED IN & IT IS My HOME Thank you for the Xtra CLEANING PRODUCT BUT RIGHT Now with $25. In my Bank acount I Could have Used the $55. you spent On Products & Postage In a CHRISTMAS Card To Buy something Like food . Sorry My Christmas Humor is Very Low
at this Point .
Thank you for putting me even Deeper .

Thumbnail by deejay9

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.