November-Getting Ready for the Holidays

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Thanks if your talking to me pepper! Actually, I wasn't going to buy it, I had already got a photo of it. I was just going to replicate the saying on some woodwork i had planned, i love that saying. But, the vendor was there clearing out he said, so i asked how much for the sign. He said he didn't know because he forgot to put a price on it. I asked if he'd do $5 and he was doing 75 percent off that even!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Can't be beat. lol

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Hello. Posting on the last day of November. Found homes for 2 of the kittens. Olive and Ash will be going to their new forever homes on Dec.11. Now we need to find homes for the 2 male kittens.

I have been busy with the new puppy too. She is adjusting well to our household routine. I can't believe how behind I have gotten in reading the new posts. I will try to catch up soon.

See you all on the December thread.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Love the sign Will. I would buy it for that price instead of make it.

Billyp let us know what you think of the shark, we need a new vac also. Geehz...lol

It poured today for awhile and when I drove home about 5 it was still rainy misty. I took two test today, I am not a good test taker, but got it done...wow.

GB glad you found some permanent homes for some of the kitties. If mine is not doing any better tomorrow off to the vet we go. Oh I hope it is something easy and minor, he is such a sweetie. Never had a cat with a hair ball, think I will look that up. Big problem the cat carrier is in the back of the shed with a ton of stuff stuffed in front..lol

On the natural tree, I think I am going to dry some oranges, apples. Heck popcorn sounds natural to me. Hope it doesn't turn out to look like a tree with weeds. Since there are several of us working on it you just never know.

Anybody shop cyber Monday? Guess Target blew up..lol

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Glad you all had good Thanksgiving days, and are doing well and staying safe. I drove up to Kc Friday and my nerves were fried after that, drove home Saturday in the same frozen stuff, ugh. Went shopping Friday night in north KC at the Target Joanna works at, got us three some outer wear coats for 50% off.
Nothing new here , work still has me captive. Wish I had been playing with young ones cutting out snow flakes, I know that was fun!
I told Joe no Tree this year, he will prolly still get one. We babysat our neighbors dog for a week, it was great having a dog in the house again, I came home tonight and went to let him in, forgetting his pappa picked him up today while I was at work. At least he is right behind me and I can still pet and love on him over the fence.
Glad the kitties found homes. I got to see all my grandkitties. They are all great and happy.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

We got the Shark Rotator lift away. Model NV500. It was middle price and on sale. We find the cheap is just that and the most expensive is not better quality. It also has a cone shaped filter, but it can be rinsed. So far, nothing to ''replace'' as in a hepa filter, that I can see.

The only ''problem'' so far is the hose. It's really stiff, but I'll see how it works on the rolling canister that comes with it. I honestly thought it worked better on the carpet and down the hallway. The hallway has indoor carpet with no pad and we just have medium length loose pile in the big room. I honestly like it! It also seems to be self propelled. I didn't think it had the greatest suction on the hardwood floor but using the beater bar helped. This was cat litter I was trying to get up.

It came with a large floor head, a smaller upholstery/drape head and a flat floor head which is larger than what you usually get. it also has the three standard ''store on the machine'' tools.

Yesterday, I worked in the bedroom which is tight quarters. I had no problems and the hose wasn't too bad on stiffness.

I still think Dyson is a good vacuum, but super expensive and it doesn't come with all the attachments. I'll be giving my old one to DD.

Have a fabulous day!!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the update, well Dyson would be out of the question, look at the pic and you will see why. This is DH's most important house cleaning job. You can not vacuum without him throwing himself down in front of you if you have the upright going he is not happy...rofl.

Oh Debra, I didn't get out in the mess! Course I am a little farther north. Two people were killed up here on the roads. Sounds like you had a good time shopping.

Well just wanted to poke my head in for a sec.

Thumbnail by happgarden

I used to vacuum my cats. They loved and hated it. lol. Same with the broom. Little guy would tolerate it for a bit before it became too ticklish and he started attacking it. lol

I didn't get anything on Friday but did get a new pair of knee high boots yesterday. I've been eyeing these boots and similar ones for awhile but price too high. Finally got a good deal!!

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Dublin-Edge-Boots/10306331/product.html?refccid=XSBLGLNCUF23ITSGZ276R6GPIM&searchidx=48

NEW THREAD!!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1410436/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.