October Weather, changing seasons.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

missingrosie Angel , Cheribum , or am I seeing things . ?
62 now ,, saying 50 instead of 60 now for tonight ,

weather and that rain is like the cartoon "good thing" "bad thing"

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rain just started here. We need it.
53º

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It is foggy and 57F this morning but that won't last. They are calling for a high of 87F. That is a bit much, if you ask me.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Rain supposedly due next week.

Poor folks in Mexico -- sounds like they are in for it.

juhur, Looks just like some kind of heavenly being doesn't it?
Still haven't looked up sun dog

I agree no drought is great but not a good trade for flood.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

missingrosie it sure does .. Really interesting
72 Degrees here , waiting on the rain , 80% Saturday ,

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Rain overnight and this morning. Just enough to tamp the dust down but not clean vehicles. Currently 72.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

I can't decide if TX is a drought interrupted by floods or a flood interrupted by droughts, we live very rural so there are times we can't out when the rivers are flooded over the bridges. Please keep posting the beautiful pics of the changing colors, angels and eagles.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Lots of rain here today.

It is supposed to be sunny, starting cloudy. Mid to high 60's today.
Yesterday entire day 7:30-5:30 at MOHS clinic with hubby. Too much of that NY sun when growing up for a fair-skinned Brooklyn boy from the projects.. I tell you this because while we were gone some magic happened in our little woods. Got home after dark.

I woke this morning to this!! Color finally!
Can't show you a pretty blue sky tho. Maybe later.
These photos are from spare bedroom window. Not very artistic or framed. Pales in comparison to your glowing colors Juhur, or the beautiful flower and veggie photos on this thread. I am just so thrilled. Everything I could see from the clinic office yesterday was green.

This message was edited Oct 24, 2015 8:34 AM

Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie

I edited to correct spelling and photos disappeared....it this typical?

Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie

Can you see that blue and green structure in first 2 photos?? THAT is where I grow veggies and herbs. Pitiful huh? I pull a 5-6 foot high roll of dog fence around it. I had a smaller one round huge planters with patio tomatoes. Staked into ground with metal tent stakes. The deer
knocked it totally over. I zigzagged wire up the sides of the wooden stair stringer (bright blue) for cukes and beans. Filled the long planters sitting on the 'steps' with good dirt and put in peppers and tomato ( what a mess) and herbs. I keep meaning to fill it with mums for the fall. THEN I can take that fencing away and store. It was a flop ( literally the tomatoes flopped over and filled the fenced area..poor roots stuck in the long window box style planters.) Great for the dill and the herbs tho. Oh well..😊

This message was edited Oct 24, 2015 8:52 AM

They are calling for high of 90F. That doesn't thrill me to the utmost. It will probably be more like 92F at my place. HEY, EARTH, WHAT'S UP? IT IS ALMOST NOVEMBER!

Raining highs in the 70s

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

71 cloudy Rained all night , ceased a few hours ago Light sprinkle since on and off .
Forecast is a long fall season , daytime highs from now on 60's and 50's .
Snowed in September here the year my Ma moved into her house , use to snow usually starting in November .. hmmm

It still snows plenty in the coldest months here

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Here is a nice woodsy looking fall photo
Rained off and on all day . 61 now , 48 for tonight

Thumbnail by juhur7

54 or so now. Just got home a bit ago from a hockey game.

They are calling for a high of 88F. I suppose maybe some day fall will come. I'm just wanting days in the 70s. Is that too much to ask? Apparently so.

Nice photo.

Cloudy here... Still. Real Still.

Across the highway from my road. I didn't have anyone behind me so I snapped a pic real quick while I could.

63 currently, not much of a breeze if there is one.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cool Sunday 60 degrees was about it ,

Oh thats real pretty could be a painting.

They are calling of 91F today. Does anyone think that is necessary? Changing seasons would be nice.

G l o o m y

Little bit spray...does not qualify as drizzle

And chilly/ damp....feet / nose cold.

60 currently. Temps have been holding steady last couple days. Tomorrow we get a little Patricia and that will be nice. Need rain.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

56 or so about 5 o'clock it was , cool light breezes , Sunny though it never warmed up

They are calling for a high of 87F. Not good. Right now they are calling for highs in the 70s next week though the forecast always seems to change as the time grows closer.

Rain in spurts some wind - high 60's low 70

More color

This only photo today. Bagged caryopteris for seed catch

Thumbnail by missingrosie
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

52 degrees . raining and rain is forecast for the next five days .

82 was the high today. Calling for rain at the end of the week.

56 or so for high with occasional light rain but mostly drizzle.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rained all night last night , rained all day today with a very short break , raining now still since this afternoon , forecast is all rain the next 10 days , we will see ? 52 degrees chill 47 ,

No rain in the forecast.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Beautiful photos of fall color. I've been MIA, my mama had TKR and I've been taking care of her.

We had some beautiful days last week, today kind of muggy with a cool front over us. 75° with humidity at 89%...ugh. Cloudy. High of 85

Gonna be nice if this passes through us.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

66. - high 72

Rain..agin......and tonight....but
Sunny tomorrow and Friday

This rain ruining the expected stellar autumn colors

BEAUTIFUL colors/ photos SunK'd

No rain in the 10 day forecast. They are calling for a high of 83F. They are calling for Santa Ana winds for the next couple of days. This increases fire danger and makes it hotter but at least we are finally, maybe, slipping into a normal fall pattern. They are calling for 91F on Halloween. That is unreal. That is scary.

55 currently. Was sunny most of the day and windy but now that the sun's gone down it's not as windy as it was.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

52 degrees , winds 25 to 30 . gusts to 38 .
47 the chill

Sun , nice I agree . Florida has fall , how about that , learn something all the time lol

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We got 6 tenths inch of rain yesterday. Now very light rain, trying to turn to snow.
36º

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Some good rain most the day yesterday after a good two weeks of a dry spell. My rain barrel was almost empty.

They say it is 67° right now, but my thermometer says 70°...high 85° clearing to sunny.

Florida October wildflowers....

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.