CLOSED: Fall Chat 2015

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Did you go to the party?

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

oh yes lots of fun, I even got out and danced with the youngin's.. my boss gave away about 15K worth of objects , ipods, those new watches, 60 inch tv's, go pros, swags, etc. Since I am a manager I was not in those drawings. Only 3 people had "talent" and got 50 bucks cash, only one person had a ugly christmas hat and got 100 bucks. dinner was catered by Abuelos Mexican Restaurant, the event was in a beautiful room in a church it looked like an Italian courtyard, they had photographers to take the "couple/group" pics for us to take home with us, Joe and I both agreed that the first pics we had taken back three years ago was so far the best. They have a new start up photographer company every time. I kept telling Joe that this was the next to last time We would be attending, and next year will be our last. there was a big cake and a retirement announced for one of the older guys, Joe said " I am so glad I didn't let them do that to me" when he retired, all the ladies wanted to throw him a party, but he just left the building.
I told Joe, when I retire, I want a HELLA BIG PARTY! :D

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

lol. Party hardy, Debra. You only live once. :-D

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Glad you had fun, Debra. Sounds like your owner appreciates his employees. That is so great.

Here is a marginal picture of our tree, I cut off the top. lol Just like my Mom. Not very clear. Below at the bottom there are some lite pine cones which were pretty cool.

Thumbnail by happgarden

WOW! That is a lot of money for gifts. How many were at the party?

Love that tree Joyce!

oh that tree is gorgeous. I love the idea of bird nests and pine cones.
there were about 150 people at the party. and not everyone showed up. we have a big store with two service centers.

wow and 150 people where you work. That is amazing. Hope you all who couldn't get presents got bonuses of some kind.

I wrapped presents and watched Christmas videos today, started feeling Christmasy, but what a mess I have now...lol One good thing about ordering online is you get boxes... ;) I am still making Christmas presents...and I need to get done, it will be here soon.

Linda Kay do you make alot of presents? I know you make beautiful things. I don't make as much as I use to. Thank you about the tree I wish the picture was better. The star on top was made out of wood and was really pretty.

Hairy the Kitty is eating better and fighting harder about taking his pill so I am guessing he is getting better...

Glad to hear kitty is doing better.

I make some gifts, placemats, a few lap quilts, but I think everyone in the family has something quilted, so I need to get creative for next year.

Yeah I need to figure out something for next year and not wait so late to get with the project. But my grown niece and nephew both have families so they don't buy things for themselves, everything seems to go to the families so I do try to buy them something for themselves. My baby sister takes care of my older sister so I try to get her and her husband something nice cause I love my older sister to death, but OMG we could not live together cause I would need bail money....lol So it is much cheaper to buy them something nice...rofl

So my friends get my projects. Well I am making my g-nieces beds this year but later, their Dad is going to sand the wooden floors in the house they just bought so the girls are in one bedroom and as soon as he is done. I will do the beds.

Your making beds?

Yeap I am making beds, found it on lowes.com and going to add a headboard. Never know what I am up to...lol http://www.lowes.com/creative-ideas/bed-and-bath/diy-daybed-and-headboard/project#noop has a really cool video below the picture.

Ok they need to work on this new format...rofl. Poor programmers I remember rolling out new software and the stress and sleepless nights it caused...lol Would of though they would of changed it during the late late night.

I do Not like this new format, you have to push too many buttons! :P

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

was checking other threads to see if the Glich was on all threads it is & I sent a note to adm they are working on it , Looks as they will have to set a limit of post per thread . & get rid of the ads we are pay so we do not need all those ads .

Well I am sure the ads are here to stay, a wave of the future and present. Yes we do pay but such a nominal amount I am amazed they can do what they do. Servers, electricity, skilled people, lots of cost. Course they may outsource the programming to some other country, no way of knowing.

I wrapped presents again today and got everything wrapped that I can. Still waiting on a couple of things to get here. DH still has his shopping to do, he buys for his family (DS and DDIL) and we both buy for the DGD. I have bought a bunch of little stuff. She got a new desk, so I got her all kinds of things for it. She loves post it notes and I found a white cat the holds pink post it notes, too cute.

Beautiful day here again.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I agree that this new format is not good or user-friendly. I'm sure they've gotten an ear-full about it. Hopefully it will change. My Thread Watcher is still stuck on whatever it was showing day before last.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I finally got the Ads turned off by going to the Preferences tab and making the selection.

I also Cville got all the ads turned off, thank goodness.
I really wonder what they are doing, it has been awhile and I don't see one change in the forums, which is what I thought this web site was about.

still seeing double posts here but not on the other thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1411190/

New room ladies, come on over.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.