Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Your Neck of the Woods 2015 Part 5

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

???Third from the right--standing???

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Hey you poetry lovers--
Please open his article for today and read Larry Retting's own poetry.

Check out the links provided for some awesome original nature art paintings too...

WOW!!!!!!!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Pigtails?

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

That would be my guess, too.

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Mine too.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Oh, yeah!! Tallest one, too. Hehehe. If I remember correctly I was the only one that correctly identified a microscopic slide which gave me a couple extra points giving me an A in Invertebrate Zoology. The island was small and only had one house and the field station which had a guys' room and a girl's room, a lab, kitchen, common room and an open courtyard. They would turn the generator off at night. We took turns cooking. I do remember that I was SICK of mangoes after five weeks. I have only begun to enjoy them in the last few years. It is also where I discovered that I can't dive below 25' because my nose then starts to bleed. Nobody wanted to go with me cuz they said I was shark bait. Heehee.
There were some kids from another college that were doing independent studies and one of the girls found a plant specie not in the taxonomy book, so she was looking in to being able to name it. I don't remember what it was though.
We must have looked pretty straggly on the return trip, cuz in Miami the customs official took the cap off my air tank and turned it upside down. Hmmmmm.....I wonder what he was looking for. When we stopped at a restaurant for dinner I got a big glass of COLD milk. It was delicious!!! It's the little things that delight. It's amazing how one little picture can make the memories flood the brain.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Great picture, Jan!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Ooh Jan what an awesome experience.!!

Ssgardener and I can tell you what they were looking for in Miami in the 80s..《i》La cocaina!!《/i》

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Experience of a life time. Jan you are an adventurer, you were one when you were younger and you still are. An exciting and purposeful life you have and are leading. Glad to call you my friend.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

AAWWWW, thanks.

Hehehe, Sally. I had lost 25 lbs during that time. (Wish I had kept it off) Our boat ride back to the island where the airport was located was a little bumpy, so we were probably salt-water sprayed and must have looked a little worse for the wear.

Spent all day in a strategic planning meeting at the credit union. Ugh!!!

LOL, Sally! I'm certain they were looking for cocaine!

Sally and I have been watching a Netflix series called Narcos. It's too bad the show won't get a wider distribution, but the story of the 1980s cocaine cartels is so gruesome that it wouldn't work on network TV.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hehehe! I was thinking they were looking for vegetation.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey, it is Sally's birthday today. Happy birthday Sally!!! What great weather for your day. Hope you have a good one.

Happy birthday, Sally!

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Ooooh Sally G!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! No doubt you're turning 39 today right?

Frederick, MD

Happy Birthday, Sally ! Wow, had we known this last Saturday, we could have roasted you !

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday Sally. Hope it is a good one.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh man, that'd have been a good roast!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Hope you're having a wonderful birthday, Sally. Lots of good wishes!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Happiest of Birthdays, Sally!!!!!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Dearest Sal--Pal---

Just got home from running around on this beautiful day.

You KNOW the Garden gods ordered this beautiful day just in honor of your
Birthday! Hope you are having a wonderful day.

A VERY happy birthday to you!!!!! Here's looking at you!
Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal

Thanks to each and every one of you sweeties!
Did you hear me say I did not have any orange or red jewelry to wear with my dress on Swap day? Mark did and remedied that. What a good hubby..

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

WOW Red jewelry........Rubies?????

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday, Sally! I hope you got in some relaxing gardening time.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Yay for Mark!!!

I snapped a pic of a beautiful sunset tonight as we walked around the hood.

Thumbnail by Sequoiadendron4
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Way to go, Mark!!!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

What a good hubby indeed! How nice to know he was paying attention to the earring conversation. He's sure a nice guy. We need a photo of the new jewelry. :-)

Beautiful sky, Seq.

I don't think they are rubies. Just a pretty mix of beads/stones...

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Yeah I was surprised at how well my new phone took the pic.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL Sally, Didn't think they were Rubies either. Just couldn't resist. Bet it really is pretty.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Sally, I missed your birthday, hope it was a great one. Mark did well with your present.

thanks Catbird!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Belated but heartfelt birthday wishes, Sally! Hope you continued your celebration into the weekend. Mark does pick up all sorts of little details... sweet, thoughtful man! Props to him for finding you pretty new earrings!

Thanks Jill. Restaurant birthday dinner tonight with kids. I hope we manage to take a good picture. Jill I feel bad I forgot to save some blinds for you but I hoped you can get some from David. I might still have more here. Four blinds make a lot of tags.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Sally, I'm good for the moment on blinds, got one at the thrift store this spring. No worries!

Hope you had a lovely dinner! Do you have a "usual" indulgence on your birthday? For me, it's some sort of seafood... and on our anniversary, warm-water lobster if I can find it!

Paul just stopped by to pick up the bulbs.

He asked about you all and sends his regards!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Please tell him we wish him the best.

ditto!

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sally, and I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL time at the plant swap!!

Just a quick note to explain my absence of late.. besides getting all those construction things done (just the 2 little 'lean to's' to get built beneath the deck!), I had a little bad luck at the dentist a few weeks ago after getting a filling done. A couple of you might remember that I have this weird disorder called "Trigeminal Neuralgia". Well, getting that filling done triggered the TN again, so now I am once again up **** Creek without a paddle. The soonest the neurologist can see me is Oct. 26th, so I am temporarily off work and in frequent, but sporadic, pain. I was originally diagnosed with this when I was 28, had my first brain surgery when I was 30, the second when I was 40, and the 3rd a year after that. It's been 11 years, and I'd thought I was home free. Guess not. I swear, sometimes I just wanna sit and drool 'cause it hurts too much to swallow. ... Oh well, anyway, so if I'm still not around for a bit it's 'cause I can't think! LOL!!!! (and that's different how!?!?) ;)

Take care y'all, and hope to see everyone again soon... preferably with no new holes in my head. ;)

Frederick, MD

Yikes, Speedie ! So sorry to read about that ! Hopefully it's a minor event and you'll be back to your not-so-old self shortly. Take care of yourself !

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.