Spring time Chat

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Can't wait to see your blooms.

Happy Birthday Debra! I hope you have a fantastic day!

Thumbnail by taters55
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Happy B-day, Debra! Good growing. :)

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Debra

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Hi all, it is raining. I am about to go to bed, but wanted to share with you how nice it is to meet DG'rs in person. Bonnie and Jo ( AuntB and KayJones) are no longer members of any gardening site, but I met them here on DG. It was good to see them both this weekend. Bonnie sold her place, she is moving to Independance, mO, and KayJOnes has moved from PCB

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It's always a lot of fun to get together with avid gardeners. Our lives do change, don't they.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Glad to hear you had a good visit Debra. Love all those blooms ladies.

Debra, what is the white blooms?

Those are Bonnie's candy tuft, they come back up there as a perennial. Carole your colors are beautiful. I need to come meet you next :)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

:)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Looks like everyone's staying busy. That reminds me that I should start a thread for a Round Up. Last year's effort was such a dud (with even people casting aspersions!) I bagged it altogether.

Our old NC/SE VA group has fallen apart, it seems. We've had a passing, some illnesses, some building houses, and some mysterious disappearances, but it will be fun to get up with whoever decides to show.

OH. And Mug swap signup will go up in May. You know no matter how far I roam from DG you can count on me to show up for the muglees. :)

Hope all's well out there!
ox
A.

p.s. I feel like I'm going to be filing a tax extension. :D

I havn't been to north or south carolina in over 15 years. I have to get there at least to meet up with some of you.. that is in my "bucket list" LOL

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Debra Happy Belated birthday! I have been sort of MIA for a few days. Sorry I missed it. Hope you had a great day!

I DID... it was perfect. thanks! ;) why have u been mia?

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

OK ladies drool over this one. I threw a handful of opium poppies out into my flower garden last fall and look what is blooming. It's a good six inches across and the plant is a beautiful shade of gray. The second shot is of my bubblegum pink Watsonias. And the grandkids at Easter, look at that baby closing her eyes, what a little pill.

Thumbnail by Domehomedee Thumbnail by Domehomedee Thumbnail by Domehomedee
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Love those big poppies. I may have to plant some again. Very cute grandkid photo, Dee.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I love poppies too. Wish they lasted longer. Love you violets cville. Very beautiful. I actually have one daffy open finally. I seen it when i got home last night. All theblooms on here are so very beautiful thanks for the photos. Here are a few of my b loosms. Small but there are in MY yard. Lol crocuses, some kind of a prim rose and my lenton roses.

Thumbnail by gardenlady123 Thumbnail by gardenlady123 Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Ronna. Your Hellebores are beautiful. Mine are still in bloom. It's very late for them to be blooming here but I am loving it. I didn't see my crocuses this year. No telling what happened to those. :)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

My crocuses have multiplied loads. Sorry your are MIA.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

It didn't get cold enough in my yard to bring up the crocus. I only see my crocus and tulips on cold winter years, some years just don't get cold enough. I love them, so pretty.
The primrose and hellebore are nice too. I did get loads of hellebore flowers this year.

Love all the blooms this morning. I have tried poppies here. I think it is too warm for them?

Dee, Gorgeous eye candy.. and glad you had some time with your grands.. I had the big red oriental poppies year before last, but no show last year.. here is hoping.. I don't know what a watsonia is so I learn something new everyday.
Ronna, your crocus are darling and so are your lenton roses, which I also have not heard of LOL
See? I have a lot to learn.

Debra, I have been MIA because of (1)work (2) Taxes (3) working on clearing out an old flowerbed (4) Grandbabies spent the afternoon Sunday. So I haven't had much chance to chat. lol I had someone helping me dig up the unwanted vegetation out of the flower bed and I had to watch over him to make sure the right things were removed. You know how "non-gardeners" are.

uhm yeps.. I am glad you have been spending time with grandbabys.. I understand the "work" thing, still at work right now myself. Found a new tax lady so those were done a while back, days of refunds are gone gone gone.. and I am going to call my daughter to come help me with the flower beds this Sunday since I am not supposed to bend or pull or push or pick up anything over 20 pounds.

Debra be sure you follow Dr's orders. I know it has got to be difficult. But you best do it.
I can't seem to get the beds done for the rain that keeps falling on my head. lol I may just have to put on the slicker and rubber boots and do it anyway. I have a lot of flowers that need a home.

I found buds on the iris out back. excited! I also moved a pot of japanese morning glorys and some spanish flag out front three weeks ago and I had blooms this am, even with the temps dropping down to 37 last week, nothing even looked fazed.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh, yes, Iris are budding big time here too. It's still raining so I took these through the window.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

isn't it wonderful??

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Indeed. I love them. :)

What I find interesting is that we are in the same zone ,yet your flowers are way ahead of mine, Debra. My Iris aren't budding at all yet. Must be from all the rain and cloudy weather we have had. The dwarfs usually bloom first here. I am sure it won't be long.

Well, the ones that are budding are out in full sun, the others around in part sun and out facing east are still putting out swords. RAIN! WE HAVE RAIN!!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yay!

Good news about the rain! We do not need any more for a while so I am sending mine to you. Enjoy!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone....
I love seeing your blooms! I only have 2 crocus blooming....and some johnny jump-ups! I can't wait for some other blooms to start! Since the daffs are only 1 inch tall....I've got some waiting to do! At least the snow is melting! Most of my gardens are snow free and I've raked 3/4's of them! I have my giant bowl garden to rake but it's still under feet of snow! BUT SOOOO happy to get outside and play in the dirt!
Candi

Hey AliKat, nice to see you posting.

We just got back from Austin, and my sunflower is open. One the birds planted!

This message was edited Apr 20, 2015 9:20 AM

Thumbnail by taters55

Great to hear from you Alikat! We have missed you!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Your sunflowers are gorgeous, LK.

Hi Candi. :)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes my yard is starting to come back to life little by little. I have 12 bags of mulch to spread and lots of potting soil bags ready for potting up plants. So excited to be having some nicer weather. Been raing all day today and some yesterday too.We will have lots of may flowers then i guess.

Julie has the Succulent Plants Swap
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1391964/

jordankittyjo/Kathy has the Let's Decorate The Garden Swap Open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1391983/

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Linda I joined the decorate the garden swap.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.