March 2015 Queen "Badcat "

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Thats great news julie!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning your Majesty, hard work doing shows, used to compete with goats
Sure hope your day is filled with sunshine

Julie, soon you will be holding those little ones and will forget all about the stress, let's hope it's an uneventful few days.

Couldn't sleep last night, felt like doom and gloom was lurking..got up and painted on dining room linoleum rug I'm doing, made headway..went back to bed for a few hours and now ready to play, well until I need a nap..set a goal for the weekend, tote bag for great niece 3 yrs old (done) quilt a quilt top (in progress) paint a 6'x8' linoleum rug for dining room (in progress)
If I don't get oth projects done I'll be pleased with one

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

G Day to all well I hope it will be . its been Doom & Gloom here for over a week Plus , seems I still Cannot Eat or drink anything Solid & not feel sick . so Doc wants to see me on tuesday. getting sick of Pop cicles, ice cream, tea,water, oh & mash potatoes,& tomato soup.
Betty what do you mean you painted on the linoleum rug ?
I cannot picture it in my head this morn:)
did you see the amish Quilts I Had posted on my timeline in Fb they were just awesome Just wish I had the talent.

Amanda What was final out come of the show ? & are those clogs really comffy or not I have a pair of rubber Shoes that work well for in the mud :)

Julie I have never been a mom or GM but i worry when the Nieces all were haven their babies sure glad they are done Haven babies & I can sit back & watch them worry when their DD's start haven Babies :) witch won't be that far off Now for a couple of them :) hehe .
well I told zoey I would Paint rocks with here today & I have a few yard critters That need fresh paint . so good day to play :)
will chat soon .

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Julie, look at this camelia tree. It is my Brothers tree in Washington state. It is huge! I have never seen one this big!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Taters that tree is gorgeous!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Stunning, sure wish we could grow such beauties here in the north

Ocean Springs, MS

Taters, I love that tree! It is by far the largest I've ever seen! I love camellias! My grandmother had one in her yard that bloomed red with white variegation. To this day, I have never seen another the same color. When I asked an expert from the camellia society, he said that a virus can cause variegation in the flowers. Unfortunately, when my uncle inherited my grandmother's property, he cut down every tree/shrub that she had planted. The only plants left when I bought the property were some hardy amaryllis that were hidden in the brush by the fenceline and a gardenia. Oh, and her fig and pecan tree. I lost the pecan tree 2 years ago. Rotted from the inside out. The fig has some kind of woody shrub (weed) growing all around it. I've got to have it cut this year or it will eventually kill the fig tree.

Betty and Susie, hope you feel better. I don't have the energy or motivation to do much. Seeing the pain management doctor Wednesday and psychiatrist for anti-depressant the next week. I'll be so glad when they get my meds straightened out. With Destiny on bedrest, it;s hard for me to keep up with elani. And with the twins coming, i want to be a strong, energetic Nannie to all my grandchildren! ♥

Sorry to hear you lost all those plant's.

Make sure you let us know when those babies arrive.

afternoon ev1 been playing outside it is in the 50's home to hit 60's. been digging all my hens-N-Chicks.potting them so I can move to another spot.with better soil :) going to let zoey paint rocks for me but had to come have my Lunch .
Hope ev1 has a great day BBL

Hey Susie, how are you feeling?

evening all I'm very sore tonight waiting for my sup to get done
watching the News to see what tomorrow's weather is going to be like Hope rain . I have a Morning dr's apt & then out to
Tractor Suply .
ya all have a nice evening BBL

Ocean Springs, MS

Good morning, everyone! Camellia grafting was so interesting and fun yesterday! Hopefully, in about 6 weeks, I'll see new growth and know that the camellias grafted successfully. Grafted 2 cuttings onto each root stock for better results. Even grafted one rootstock with 2 different varieties, so if it survives, I'll have a camellia that grows with 2 kinds of flowers!
Almost 80 degrees yesterday! Getting my garden ready for my Squash challenge seedlings, planting roses, and moving plants outside from my sunroom! The fig tree in my yard has new leaves, which is a good sign that we're past out frost date! But I'll be prepared just in case we get a late frost.
here are some pics of the camellias I grafted. Aren't they beautiful?
Gunsmoke
Little Michael
Seafoam
Sawada's Mahogany (very dark red)
Star above Star

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl
Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Those are all very beautiful!

Ocean Springs, MS

I love camellias! Have tried cuttings but have never had any success! :(

Those are very pretty Julie. Good luck with your grafting!

Julie has the Easter swap open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1388581/#top

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Susie I sure hope you feel better! Its been going through my house :( It finally caught me sunday night. Show A/B were the same for the babies. Dallas told me I shoulda wiped the milk off their face before taking them. LOL If they were 3 weeks older they wouldve placed better but its good to get them out. Iv only worn them to the end of the drive and back, they have pokies in there. May try to break in today.

Betty you are busy!!! Would love to see a pic of the projects :)

Julie How cool is that!? Love those pics!

I have to catch up today, sink is full of dishes counters are a mess. Colton got out of bed sunday night came down found some neon blue cupcake mix and proceeded to "make" cupcakes. Im out of eggs and milk and there was blue mix EVERYWHERE. Looked like a smurf got murdered. He was even nice enough to put all the dirty dishes back where he got them (still dirty =/), fill my coffee pot with coffee and im not quite sure what he did with the sugar..Little fart scrubbed everything off the floor last night and Ill get the counters ect today.

Hope everyone has a good one!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

oh and I sat in front of the tv for 13 hrs yesterday and heard this joke lol....

How do you know its raining cats and dogs?

You step in a poodle

lol

Boys will be boys! When mine were young, they got into the fresh eggs I just bought from a neighbors farm, and cracked everyone in their bedroom, on the carpet floor!

GM all
Alana welcome back we have missed you hope your back to stay :)

Nice going Julie Now Just what are these plants a Tree or shrub? How tall do they get ? are there any that would grow in z5-6 ?
Cat : Boys will be Boys You should capture the messes in Photo so when they start to have their own Family your can worn them of the Dangers :) of haven kids :)

well i have a doc's apt at 10:45 it is almost 9am So guess i better get going want to stop @ a couple stores .
BBL
zoeys rocks she has painted still lots more to do.

Thumbnail by deejay9

Susie, here are more painted rock ideas for Zoey.

http://www.agirlandagluegun.com/2014/05/rock-painting-summer-survival-kids-crafts.html

very nice LK I will show her when she gets Home . ty for sharing.
. well My BP was very high today 164.for me anyway , & doc says she thinks its from the pain in my chest & back & she wants me to have another scope done & going to check me for what they call Esophageal Spasm , she gave me another shot to help with the spasm , sure hope to get this over with before warmer weather Gets here .
Well zoey just got home so when she comes over I will show here these pic's i know she will love them :)
ya all have a nice eve .

Ocean Springs, MS

Amanda, sure sounds like your boys are quite busy. My 3 youngest always kept me on my toes since they were just a year apart each!

Susie, here is a link to growing camellias in your area. Check it out!
http://www.cleveland.com/insideout/index.ssf/2010/09/cold-hardy_camellias_can_be_gr.html

Camellias are all over the place in our area. They thrive in the warmer climate and humidity. They grow into the size of a tree, but it takes many years. I hope my grafted ones take. If so, I'll pot them up to a 3 gallon planter next fall. Then one more year before I put them in the ground. Since the grafts are from blooming plants, they may bloom after being potted up!

Hey, come join the Easter swap. it will be fun!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Lol on the poodle, Queen Badcat!

Ocean Springs, MS

Good morning, Queenie! Hope you wake to a clean house and sunshine! :)

The doctor changed the time of Destiny's c-section to noon Thursday. I'm excited, but nervous, too. Hope my doctors get my meds figured out so I have less pain and energy to keep up with them and Elani. Had to plant my new roses in containers for now because I just hurt too bad to dig into the garden. I'm so tired of feeling this way.

Susie, would love to see pictures of your painted rocks! Sounds like you and Zoey will have fun! I want to paint more planters with Liam and Caden when I visit TN for Easter! Or I might paint a birdbath pedestal with them! Fun!

Everyone have a good day and I hope to have good news when I return from my doctor's appt. :)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning your Majesty
Hope the birds are singing you a 'good morning' chant

Julie, hope all goes well with birthing, your meds and your visit at Easter..coming quickly isn't it..I leave Good Friday so will spending it it sunny Florida

Off I go, must find a project to keep me busy, finished 6 ft by 8ft floormat so time to move on to something else

Amanda, I mailed your box yesterday. It is supposed to arrive in a few days. Last box I mailed took 10 days!

Gm to all Ty Julie I will check them out . cold weather is back for a few days so don't plan on being out side ,may bring a few of the rocks in to finish painting them :) zoey has school today .

u all have a fun day I will check back in later .

Patti if your lurking, sending birthday wishes your way!

Happy Birthday Patti/rose318. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Thumbnail by taters55
BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Patti!!

Linda.. I wont lie..Im scared lol

Hoping everyones appts are going or went well!

Just got caught up yesterday with stuff. My cousin is signing up with jamberry and the samples she mailed came in last night. So I did my nails, I was surprised how fast it was lol. So while I was at it dyed my hair back to blonde, did my makeup and went to bed..stayed up too late. Paying for it today haha think im going to screw around and maybe do some reading. Gotten cold again here. Got some shenanigans planned on Sat teehee.

Oh Colton has either been staying in bed or not getting into stuff, we had a "chat".

We need to see your fancy nails and your new hair color!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

LK I look like im picking my nose in the hair pic lol..

So take another one!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Gimme a sec woman

Times up!!! LOL!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Here ya go hahaha

Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat

Love the nails, ans the hair color! Why are you hiding your face?

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Cause those eyes would be better off sent to my DH and not on DG lol ;)

Ty :) Glad to have it back haha

afternoon all just had a small grass fire over at the neighbors the transformer blew out on the pole & sparked the firer so small fire truck came out to put out the fire Jim had most of it out before the truck got here now waiting for consummers Energy to come get our power back on . I have about 5hrs of juice on my laptop , gee's doc put me on a muscle relaxer for the spasums
took one at 8:30 & by 8:30 am i had to lay down &I was out till jim came to tell me the grass was on fire & no power ,golly i don'e know if I dare take another they are to be taken 3 times a day for 10 days . I think i better call her & ask if i can just take one at night .

very windy today hope ev1 is well chat more later if i can :)

I hope you are not driving while taking those meds?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.