CLOSED: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Chat

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

We had such a wonderful evening. Such a great break from all the winter junk. We now have three beautiful little ones in our family. Leah is 2, Avery is almost 5 mos, and Mason is 1 mos. So sweet and precious. Leah and Mason are sissy and brother. She lovez him so much. Always touching him and kisses of course. Avery is my gdaughter as you all know. She is starting to eat some veggies now and just loves them. Rice cereal too. Such a sweetheart. I love her to the ends of the earth. The next pic are my parents with all three great grand babies... Them all three of my grown children all in one room at the same time. Matt has to leave on friday. Amanda and Keri live kinda close by.. so much fun.

Thumbnail by gardenlady123 Thumbnail by gardenlady123 Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Well, now, that's just about as precious as it comes. What a special visit. Love seeing those photos. :)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Cville. We had a wonderful time with all. Also great food of course..

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Love those family photo's!

Julie has the interest thread for a rose swap open.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1384505/

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Ronna great pics of the family. I have a hard time getting evertbody to sit still enough for a picture. lol

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

My problem is that if I'm in the photo, I don't like it. :-D)))

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

what Carole said, I echo :)

Here is their Christmas picture , dressed up to go to their great granny's for dinner.

Thumbnail by Nanny23
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Very, very sweet, Annette.

Thanks Carole! I am pretty sure they were either bribed or threatened with no presents, if they didn't play nice long enough to take a picture. lol

Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, what a sweet picture!

I have opened an interest thread for a rose swap.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1384505/

Thanks Julie!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Hello everybody,

I have been busy with work and trying to take care of Dad after work that I think that I actually helped to make myself sick. Not really as there are several things going around at the nursing home and I am just one of the employees that have gotten sick. Now my 15 month old grandson I sick and I haven't even been around him.

Sounds like everyone is looking forward to spring, I know that I am.

Prayers, Kathy

Ocean Springs, MS

Praying for your family to get well soon, Kathy! And having 70 degree weather today definitely made me ready for Spring!

that is a beautiful picture of your Grands, Annette

Thank Debra, I think it is one of the few pics that they all 3 ended up being in. lol

Love the look on their faces.

Kathy, I hope your feeling better soon!

Kathy it is so wonderful that you get to take care of your Dad and other elderlys where you work and see your Grands. I will pray you all recover in speedy time to get ready for Spring and warm weather.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes, get well speedily.

Linda has the PJ swap open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1384534/

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

This time last year ... and currently.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Quite beautiful but looks cold.

Ken

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Currently it's 26° but going into the 40's and 50's by the weekend.

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank goodness! I'll be in Clarksville this weekend and I am glad temps are going up! :)

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Break out the swimsuits! Maybe, just maybe I can get some orchids shipped out next week.

Ken

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks everybody, I am starting to finally feel better and the last couple of days have been better for Dad also.

Debra, love my job and the chance to be around the residents.

Hope that everyone has a great evening.

Prayers, Kathy

I stayed home today to have a molar extracted, as It lost all of its fillings while brushing my teeth last night. wow. Now I am up and around and feel better. sad that I can't have a mini implant, but oh well.
back to work tommorrow.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Whoo hoo! My daughter got a job at the hospital she interviewed at. :)

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Now you are talking my language - extractions/implants/fillings. Perhaps you need to quit brushing your teeth? LOL

Ken

Ouch. Debra I know you will be sore for a few days.
Congrats on your daughter's employment.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Why couldn't they refill the tooth, Debra? I have a tooth that broke. It has a filling but all that is still intact and just sensitive to hot and cold. I suppose they will want to do a crown. Seems there are few procedures more costly than that!!

Happy to hear your daughter got a job, Annette. Is she the nurse?

We're at 28° right now but going to 41° today and to 54° on Saturday. Yep, a real heatwave ... at least for January. Not much precip in the forecast. I'm loving it! Still cool enough to be good chili weather - which is what we had yesterday. Have some leftover for today. To me, it's really better the second day - after it sits awhile.

Ken, how is the weather down there? ;-)

Yes my daughter the RN is going to be working at the same hospital that she did her last clinicals at. And it is also in the same town as the University(Morehead) that she graduated from. She was excited to get hired at her 1st choice, but she would have taken a job wherever called her first, I think.

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Frigid (for us). Near freezing this AM and then back into the 20's through Saturday. Not much better next week. I had really, really hoped to ship some of my orchids out next Monday/Tuesday, and the long-range forecast looked decent, with lows in the low to mid 40's. Now I see that the forecast says we'll be back into the mid to lower 30's instead. Can't ship tender tropical plants when the temperature is that low. Darn.

Ken

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

We still have warmer daytime temps in our forecast. I hope that holds true.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

There has to be a certain amount of tooth left to attach crown to.

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Yep, the more the better when it comes to crowning a tooth.

My problem is not the daytime highs, it is the nighttime lows that worry me. Tropical plants by their very nature, are cold-sensitive.

Ken

Quote from goldhillal :
There has to be a certain amount of tooth left to attach crown to.

the upper molar had two sides that were about to break off and was decayed under the huge 30 year old filling, so she had to extract it surgically, and I asked about a mini implant and she said that my bone was too detoriated and not enough of it since it was so close to my sinus cavity. I will just be chewing my steak on the other side now I guess. You can't tell it's missing when I smile, tho so I am glad.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

You'll survive, Ken. Hope your orchids do too. Like Scarlett said, tomorrow is another day.

Yes, that decay under old fillings can be a problem. Nice that you can still smile. :)

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Single-standing implants work great in the pre-molar/molar areas of the mandible but not so great in the maxilla. I too lost an upper 1st molar years ago, had a failed attempt to place an implants there, then sinus surgery (called a sinus lift) to grow more bone, and then another failed implant. My Periodontist and I agreed that I had given it all I could and would just live without that molar!

Ken

well, I am fine, really, just hate to lose a tooth is all.. here I am at work today, we just got our food court set up in the service depertment for our customers.. ya can't tell I just had a tooth removed in this photo :)
I am the one in black LOL all this new stuff is right across from my office.. Now I have to move the store tropicals around again. :P

Thumbnail by joeswife

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.