December Weather - dead of winter!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Blomma... yuck. We do not have any snow here in Michigan now. Today it is 47 degrees. It is very sunny and beautiful outside. Later in the week it is suppose to go donw in temp and maybe rainy and some snow.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Highs in the high 40s with sunshine off and on. Currently 44 and dropping due to cold front.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

38°, snow has moved south and begun to fall and melt @0700am this morning. Some flakes are quite large and floaty, but they all land n melt so far.supposed to drop temps another 10° by this pm.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

About 3" of snow overnight. Now is clear & 19º.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Kelli, I understand now that CA has some drastic climate differences depending on the region where you live. It appears that your area has some of the mildest weather. I'm almost finished reading "Wild" and recently viewed the movie on my birthday. The PCT sounds awesome!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Greenbrain, yes, California is a big state (3rd biggest I think) and has a lot of climate zones. Mine is pretty mild in the winter (rarely freezes) but can be brutally hot in the summer. Never did any of the PCT, just day hikes.

This morning is windy and chilly (to me). They are calling for a high of 60F today.
Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 5:51 AM PST on December 27, 2014
Clear
48 °F
Clear
Humidity: 24%
Dew Point: 13 °F
Wind: 23 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 34 mph
Pressure: 30.23 in (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16

Yesterday we went hiking. It was 51F in that canyon in Santa Barbara County. It was perfect, no coat needed, though I did wear my fingerless gloves so I could work the camera. That's my idea of a winter wonderland. (I grew up in Pennsylvania so I have experienced enough snow to keep me satisfied.) This is Aliso Canyon. Aliso is Spanish for sycamore.

Thumbnail by Kelli

27 with high of 34. Cloudy off and on but now skies are slowly clearing out.

Mountain View, HI

Weather is unusual for us. Its been grey and overcast, no wind, no rain and cool. Upper 60s low 70s. Light Wind, if any, has been out of the North West and North, rare for us. Tradewinds should return in a couple of days but should stay dry
For a few days the winds on the peaks of Mauna Kea were between 50 - 90 MPH.

Lava flow has started to creep again. This mornings reports says it advanced 15 yds since yesterday. Not much but it is moving.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Following peppers storm farther south, got about an inch of snow while I slept, then cleared off and temps dropped 4° more to 33°… the last of the clouds moving east at sunset, and dry roads to Carl's Corner, Tx

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

It was 36F at the house this morning. They are calling for a high of 61F.

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on December 28, 2014
Clear
37 °F
Clear
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 26 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.25 in (Steady)
Pollen: 7.30 out of 12

Highs here were in the mid 30s, now at 33 or so now.

Mountain View, HI

Brisk northerly breeze today but perfect deep blue sky. Never got above 72f, low humidity, great for yard work. Got down to 57f last night.

Lava moved another 10 yds yesterday and the flow front got a little wider.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Beautiful scene Kelli. Thanks for posting your pic.

More snow from 1 to 3" by Tuesday on top of the 10" accumulation we already have. This is very unusual this year and it is only December. .

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

No Snow here...yesterday was pretty warm, pretty sure it got to 84°. Today high of 82° sunny, low 65°.

I think everyone from up north are visiting in Florida this week, lots of crazy traffic. Fireworks already going off every night, bunch of rednecks. ☺

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Lots of Minnesota people down for the Citrus Bowl in Orlando. Minnesota playing Missouri on new years day.
Cold here, sunny & 9º.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Sun abounds today. But the wind is pretty bitter. I think it around 36 or so. The sun is wonderful.

Currently 34 but tomorrow we'll be lucky to reach 20. Sun shone today and I enjoyed wearing my sunglasses again. lol

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Looks like some rain today, high 77°, low 62°, cloudy right now.

Countrygardens, my husband will be at the Citrus Bowl on NYD, working, that is his retirement job. Has to be there at 5:30 AM for the tail-gaiters.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

So, who is are you cheering for ?

-3º this morning. Sunny!

Yesterday morning it as 35F at the house but this morning it is 45F. They're calling for a high of 53F with a 50% chance of rain. It is cloudy right now.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on December 30, 2014
Overcast
46 °F
Overcast
Windchill: 43 °F
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 41 °F
Wind: 6 mph from the NNW
Pressure: 29.97 in (Steady)
Visibility: 9.0 miles
Pollen: 8.00 out of 12

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I would be cheering for the hubby! Brrr here, 47° cold degrees with a breeze. Overcast, and I am at the house and have my fingers tucked around a hot teacup.

High of 21 and sunshine. That lasted maybe an hour before dropping back down to 20. Currently 18.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-1.1º & going down.

Warmer tomorrow.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Here comes the New Year !!!
It's cold ,, he , he , ?
Sun is shining now this morning ,
Maybe 30 today
teens earlier and yesterday morning , 18 - 19 degrees at night .
January February weather , then maybe it starts to get more comfortable , warmer so far this season ,, but ,,, it is not over yet ,, Martian Weather ,,

It is 40F at the house and they are calling for a high of 53F. It is windy out. There is a freeze warning for tonight. We're on the side of a hill and usually miss the worst of those.

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on December 31, 2014
Clear
42 °F
Clear
Windchill: 34 °F
Humidity: 21%
Dew Point: 4 °F
Wind: 16 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 26 mph
Pressure: 29.99 in (Rising)
Pollen: 7.90 out of 12

Oso Flaco Lake and the beach near Oso Flaco Lake

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

At home in my favorite slippers and thats just where my heart wants to be for New Years, the day has remained gray, but I am surrounded by trees that block most of the wind, and I am colder than i have been lately in Maine, Pa, Wis, Chicago, and I know its the humidity, the slow mizzling rains. HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE! Warm hands and hearts to all! Chuckl!

Our high was about 20 and it is now around 19. Woke up to single digits this morning.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Moving on to 2015.
Happy New Year!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1383779/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.