December Weather - dead of winter!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently 40 and raining. Now if only the rain could clean all the mud off my truck. It's not even black anymore. lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kind of a nice day , some sun around 40 degrees for a high , some sun ,,
wind was light 3 to 5 mph most of the time .

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

64° now high of 72° according to Internet. Woke to light rain, looks gloomy out. Low tonight 53°

Kelli, hope you're not getting any of the mudslides/sinkholes. Brings to mind the song, "It never rains in California, but girl let me warn ya, It pours man it pours" ☺

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Dawn in New England, 10°… later now is overcast in Concord, NH.
Tryin to send 3pics but may not have enough signal, Will be headin for Maine this afternoon- 10:47 est

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Sunkissed, no mudslides around here. Mudslides usually occur where there has been a fire and there has been no fire around here. They also can occur when people build on too steep of a hill. I hope this isn't too steep of a hill.

They are calling for a high of 73F today. It shouldn't have any trouble getting there, there is hardly a cloud in the sky. Went swimming this morning in 50-something weather. The worst part, of course, is going from the heated pool to the door to go inside.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 7:51 AM PST on December 08, 2014
Clear
58 °F
Clear
Humidity: 62%
Dew Point: 45 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the West
Pressure: 30.09 in (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Pollen: 2.40 out of 12

They are calling for a 90% chance of rain on Friday. There could be 1 to 3 inches, so be prepared for weather hype on the news. The Sepulveda Flood Control Basin will probably flood, but that is what it is for. No one lives in there. In dry times it is a park. Some roads go through it and they have to close the roads when the place floods. Still people get in there and get stuck.

They changed it. Now they are calling for a high of 75F. As long as it stays below 80F, I'm satisfied.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Temperature going down today. 34º at 6AM. Now 29º. Always a strong wind. Yesterday from the south, today from NW.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It was 34 this morning here , 43 degrees the forecast high ,,
About that now ,, rain moving in
Wind west about 5 to 10 .

50 or so for high today with sunshine. Now 42 and dropping with a high only around 39 tomorrow.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Lewiston,Me 24° and everyone is waiting on the system to hit and hoping I can get everything done first. Fine particles of moisture snow drifts in before dawn every morning, but the winds are going to be really fierce tonight

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Ah! NH yesterday am

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

Misty rain all day yesterday and it never made past 66°, but sun is back today! 54° this morning, predicted high 63° breezy, low tonight 43°.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Portland, Me 24° and the wet drizzle is starting to freeze on my mirrors where I sit. The I95 corrider speeds are reduced to 45mph and the salt shakers are working, schoolls are closed

Thumbnail by kittriana

They are calling for a high of 78F, which means it will be more like 80F at my house. Sometimes I wonder if hot in winter time is any good for you.

Updated: 7:51 AM PST on December 09, 2014
Clear
54 °F
Clear
Humidity: 64%
Dew Point: 42 °F
Wind: 7 mph from the West
Pressure: 30.08 in (Steady)
Pollen: 2.90 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli
Mountain View, HI

Beautiful Hawaiian Day, mostly sunny sky but no trade winds so its getting a bit humid. Honolulu residents are complaining about the volcanic smoke reaching them in the southerly drift. Causes some breathing problems.
Staying coolish so good for garden work.
Lava now 2.2 miles from Pahoa moving slow. I hope it doesn't spoil folks Christmas.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cold 30's typical gray day for this time of year .
mild 5 to 10 mph winds
cold feeling ...
lights for Christmas up , brightening it all .. like all the pics here ,, love them ,!!!

Currently 30 degrees. Supposed to warm up to high 50s by weekend.

44° this morning, sunny and calm. High 63°, low 41°...as long as it stays above 40, I'm happy.

They're calling for sunny and a high of 70F today. I can't imagine it will stay that cool when the past two days have been hot. I wish it would stay that cool, and I don't mean that 70F is cool, it's just cooler than it has been.

Updated: 8:51 AM PST on December 10, 2014
Clear
59 °F
Clear
Humidity: 55%
Dew Point: 43 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
Pollen: 3.10 out of 12

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

It is pretty chilly here. Only been in the thirties and very cold with a sharp wind. Pretty gloomy today also. But no snow in the forecast so that is wonderful. It is suppose to get up to 48 by the end of the week. We are not shoveling snow here in our neighborhood.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

32 the high , 26 for tonight
8mph wind
70% humidity
Cloudy to mostly cloudy the days ..
Same as usual ,, I like the no snow , or no shoveling heavy snowfall idea ,, hope it lasts ,,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Jay, Me

This message was edited Dec 10, 2014 6:27 PM

Thumbnail by kittriana
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

My edit dropped out the whole rest of the msg. Wow. 37° rained all day, still dripping, stout winds this morning are calmer now.
Sno shovels are on front of every pickup here, this place just shoves the stuff over the drop...

Freezing rain this morning but roads were fine around here due to pretreatment. Currently 33.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Heading west today and see I am going to have to fight this storm to get across Pennsylvania... rainy in Maine, abt 36°no winds at the present time.

They are calling for a high of 62F with a 40% chance of rain.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on December 11, 2014
Haze
59 °F
Haze
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 54 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the East
Pressure: 29.95 in (Rising)
Visibility: 4.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 3.10 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli

Currently 38 with thick cloud cover all day.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Very hea y frost here had to scrape the ole windows. Sucks not having a garage. 22 degrees. Suppose to be partly sunny today. We are going up to the mid forties over the weekend.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Looks like it snowed some more last night. 37°, light misty wet day, Milesburg, Pa

We got 0.79 inches of rain overnight and it is still raining. They are calling for a high of 57F. It was really pouring when I first got up and at 3:15 this morning.

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on December 12, 2014
Rain
53 °F
Rain Mist
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 51 °F
Wind: 8 mph from the East
Pressure: 29.85 in (Falling)
Visibility: 4.0 miles
Pollen: .50 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli

44° this morning when I got up, sunny, gets up to about 62-ish each day. Youngest son came over last night so we sat outside by the fire pit and had some chili.

Kelli glad you're getting more rain...just hope not too much.

My Holiday cactus are starting to bloom.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Low 50s for high today with mostly cloudy skies still. Currently 51.

Mountain View, HI

Grey and wet today. But thats OK. Low 70s, little or no breeze, clouds are kind of low.

Surf was up to 25 ft earlier this week on the North Shore.

Lava is now 1.8 miles from Pahoa.. Hope it stops. current rate of flow gets it to Pahoa about Christmas.

Sunkissed - love those blooms, I've never been able to grow those successfully. Not sure why.

Kittriana - you really get around. Hope you get to stop for Christmas. How many miles a year. You were just in Ca. the other day.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

42° foggy still but warmer than that icy fog I was in and out of last night.
Nature of the beast Microb, everywhere but nowhere. The Calif trip was perfect timing, Cali is making up for lost waterings in the southern parts of the state. Now, its a turn around for Mass with 2Pa stops by Monday.
Gotta make hay while the sun shines, p.s? those do best in drier air

We got 1.2 inches of rain yesterday.

They are calling for a high of 61F. I figure it will get to at least 64F. The sun is out.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on December 13, 2014
Clear
43 °F
Clear
Windchill: 41 °F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 41 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the NNW
Pressure: 30.10 in (Rising)
Pollen: 2.30 out of 12

Still cloudy and misty and just plain miserable out. lol. High of 52 or so but hard to enjoy when the sun hasn't shone in so long I've lost count of days. lol.

Do Iive in Seattle now? Feels like it. lol

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Nope- you're still in Kansas Dorothy- er, Pepper.
29° Snow Shoe, Pa feezing fog but not as heavy a mist

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

39° this morning, which wasn't predicted by weatherman. I was out of town and got back late so didn't cover my Christmas cactus or hoya...I hope they're okay. Supposed to get up to 70 finally today ☺☺☺.

Mike, the holiday cactus will get root rot with too much rain, so I keep mine up on the porch and hand water with rain water when I think about it. Our rainy season would do them all in. Try one on a lanai in a bright lighted spot.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

39° shouldn't hurt them. Harrisburg, Pa 45° and back to work today, busy traffic scurrying around everywhere!

Like Kittriana says, 30F shouldn't hurt them if they are used to being outside. My Thanksgiving cactus are outside under the porch roof and it sometimes gets down to 34F.

They are calling for a high of 63F. It shouldn't have any trouble getting there. It is sunny.

Updated: 7:51 AM PST on December 14, 2014
Clear
46 °F
Clear
Humidity: 76%
Dew Point: 39 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.12 in (Rising)
Pollen: 3.20 out of 12