December Weather - dead of winter!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Christmas is coming up fast.
Cookie baking, decorating, and finally Santa sliding down the chimney.

I started a Christmas tree thread.
I would like everyone to participate.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1382070/

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I dont do trees, but I love to see them! Warmed up somewhat this afternoon, but still only 38° as afternoon sun slides downhill...

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Cooling down fast -2º ½ hour ago, now -3º

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous Saturday and Sunday in the 60s and sunny -- then the cold front moved in. Freezing rain and high around 32 with lows in mid 20s and windy. I got the outdoor Christmas decorations and lights up just in time.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Don't have the freezing rain here but I do have cold temps. High of 26 today. I was out in it all day dealing with the trees and cutting them for customers. It didn't feel too bad as bundled up as I was. I was hot every time I had to go inside. lol

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Dark outside, 50° winds howling from the west, time to sail... Johnstown, Co

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Not the dead of Winter here, yet....High 78° Low 62° Sunny....and you can copy and paste this for the rest of the week. ☺

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They are calling for 1 to 2 inches of rain today. It is sprinkling now. They are calling for a high of 59F.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PST on December 02, 2014
Light Rain
59 °F
Light Rain Mist
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 53 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the SW
Pressure: 29.93 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: .40 out of 12

BTW, this is our winter but it's hardly the 'dead' of winter. The rain brings the wild plants back to life or out of dormancy. Summer is our dead season.

Currently 32 with a high around 36 or so. I felt warmer yesterday than I did today. lol

Mountain View, HI

Dry and partly sunny today with a light trade wind. Still cool though. Low 70s during the day and upper 60s at night. We like that. Looks like it will continue cool and showery for another week.

Lava is on the move again. Moving towards a different part of Pahoa town. Its about 2.3 miles upslope. Current rate of flow would put it near the town in two weeks. The flow that approached the town a couple of weeks ago is cooling and inactive. Its all part of the same eruption site that has never stopped. One river of lava gets blocked upslope and the flow goes around the blockage and starts off in a slightly different direction or parallel to the original flow or sometimes on top of it.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

This mkrning it is freezing rain some I guess. 30 degrees now. Hope all is good for the drivers on the roads. I will be driving an hour away today to see my granddaughter and her family!! Have a great rest of the week.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Not so bad for winter coming in .
32 degrees this morning
SSW winds at 12 mph
same as yesterday ,,
might get near forty degrees
Sunday coming saying maybe 50's long range forecast ,

We got 1.39 inches of rain yesterday and a small amount today.

Updated: 8:54 AM PST on December 03, 2014
Overcast
61 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 58 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the SSE
Pressure: 30.00 in (Rising)
Visibility: 3.0 miles
Pollen: .50 out of 12

Not sure if I posted this guy before but I like him.
Orangatan at the El Paso Zoo

Thumbnail by Kelli

Currently 37. High in low 40s and sunny.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Tulsa, I know, its midnite, but my world works that way. 46° mizzling sloppy with a definite hazy fog settling in to leafless trees and yellowed grass...

We got 0.26 inch of rain yesterday. There will probably be no rain today.

They are calling for a high of 65F today.

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on December 04, 2014
Clear
53 °F
Clear
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 51 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the NNW
Pressure: 29.94 in (Rising)
Visibility: 7.0 miles
Pollen: .70 out of 12

Carlsbad Caverns, where it is always damp and 56F.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

30's today
12 mph winds
gray sky , cloudy overcast
humidity about 70 %
The way it usually is and stays this time of year here ;

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Bonner Springs, Ks gray overcast. T'meter has to be lying, there's a feel of ice in this 45° day. Will be passing thru on the way east in a day, Ju, waving hi today at the KC, Ks/Mo folks

Waving back!!

High of 37 or so with a thick haze all day. Rain coming in overnight. Might freeze for awhiles depending on temps but mainly will be a moderate rain all day tomorrow. Expecting up to an inch.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Today no snow. Tomorrow no snow. Sunday no snow!! Sounds good to me. Weatner will be pretty calm. Maybe a little windy. But nothing we can not handle. Right around 30ish for the restof the week?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Rainin slow, 41°, still that haze around, but not as deep as yesterday. Warrenton, Mo

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Overcast, gray. 31º
Oh-hum weather.

69° and cloudy, chance of brief showers off the ocean. I couldn't see the Orion rocket this morning blasting off through all the thick clouds. Too bad it was scrubbed yesterday, skies were nice and clear.
Been reaching 80° the past few days. Mostly sunny until today.

Marigold tree on the side of my house...bees and butterflies love it.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

They are calling for a high of 67F and it is supposed to be overcast though it isn't at the moment.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on December 05, 2014
Mostly Cloudy
53 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 50 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the West
Pressure: 30.10 in (Rising)
Pollen: 1.80 out of 12

Nene (Hawaiian geese), I think, at the zoo in Alamogordo, New Mexico

Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Love the birds !!!

40 about
steady rain ,past 5 hrs

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Been 40° to 44° since I left The west side of St Louis this morning. Steady rain and haze and no changes of any kind even now @Lodi, Ohio.
Well one change- must be acid rain since my new wiper blades are now worn down so bad it looks like I am looking thru oil and blur. Gots to change em, cant afford to run blind!

43 currently and foggy. Rain quit awhile ago.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

41 /26 today
rained all night .. light sprinkles or drizzle now
rain chance 20% and it is ,,lol
UV 2 of 10
humidity 77%
N. Wind 16 mph
cloudy , gray day ..

and I ain't seen the the sunshine since I don't know when ..

Different of imply meaning , but it will do ..

They are calling for a high of 69F. I figure it will get warmer because there isn't a cloud in the sky. (Yes, we have been swimming in the outdoor pool at the gym in weather like this. It was a little weird on Wednesday swimming while it was drizzling.)

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on December 06, 2014
Clear
51 °F
Clear
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 48 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.19 in (Rising)
Visibility: 9.0 miles
Pollen: 1.40 out of 12

Fort Selden, New Mexico, an outpost of the Buffalo Soldiers

Thumbnail by Kelli
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Allentown tonite, busy rainy slow moving day! Anyone from Me/NH/ New England states to tell me what kind of weather I am visiting in? No, sigh...Christmas spirit near my delivery today- Not ME! My truck eats electronics and wiring for giggles. :( Pennsylvania snowline apparently across I80 on the hills, temps stayed 34° lowest to 41° now in A'town. - Even where the ice was in the trees...

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

High of around 36 and fog all day. Fog was supposed to have burned off by this afternoon but it never did. Hopefully it's gone tomorrow.

Mountain View, HI

We've had a period of thick high cloud drifting in from the southwest and blocking out the sun.Yesterday my wife and I drove around the island (making our Christmas shopping stop at Costco and K mart in Kona) It was dry all day and the cloud base was much higher than the mountain tops, 12,000ft. We were able to see our mountain tops clearly and, the distance, the island of Maui. Kind of a strange light with no sun and a grey ceiling.
Today still grey but now its a low cloud with misty drizzle all day. Still no sun.
Seems like we have had no real bright sunny days for more than a week.

Lava has slowed, reached a flatter area and will pond for a while, waiting for it to reach another steeper downslope area to see what direction it will go. It may stop again as the source of lava has weakened. Its about 2.4 miles from shopping center in Pahoa. My last report said 2.3 miles. My source was wrong. Not quite that close.

I hope Pahoa town gets spared.

They are calling for a high of 73F today. That will be fine if the neighbor isn't outside blasting his stereo.

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on December 07, 2014
Clear
54 °F
Clear
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 45 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.17 in (Steady)
Pollen: 2.40 out of 12

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Thats close enuff to Pahoa that even if it stops, they wont be able to return will they?
36° full sun, beautiful start in Pa!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Almost 30º but windy.

Put this fireplace in yesterday. I designed & built it.
Owner drives a flatbed semi. He has been hauling shingles to Ferguson, MO. to rebuilt the mess the riots caused. He said its a terrible mess around there.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

Currently 69°, predicted 72°, low tonight 59°. It is cloudy today, saw some sun.

The decorated truck sure looks sharp.

Nice fire place too!

This is our fireplace my DH made. Better to have them outside down here. ☺

Thumbnail by sunkissed

We just have the traditional '60s southern California fireplace made of used brick. I don't have a picture, so use your imagination. We hardly ever use it though I decorate the mantle for holidays. I swear someone around here must be using the fireplace to heat their home, or at least the living room. Some mornings we can smell smoke when we are outside. We have a firepit outside but have never used it.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

I spent TG week in Kelli's area. It was almost 90 for a couple of days...then dropped to the 50s with rain....I thought those extremes were only in TX...so glad CA is getting the much needed rain. I remember our fireplace in SoCal being more for looks...

Mountain View, HI

How the weather changes - bright sunny beautiful day with a gentle breeze. Started upper 50s now mid 70's. So nice to see the sun again.

Pahoa town is OK for now. No one has been forced to leave yet. Had their Xmas Parade yesterday. A very busy small plantation town.

Lots of large trucks get decorated like that for our xmas parades, usually pulling floats.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.