November Weather - is winter here?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

For some reason posted in Parking Lot.
Here is where we should be.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

We got a small amount of rain overnight. The bad news is that one of the windows is leaking.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 5:51 AM PDT on November 01, 2014
Clear
55 °F
Clear
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 51 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.87 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: .60 out of 12

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Cold and clear here this morning. I haven't checked for frost damage yet. So far, didn't see any looking out the back door early this morning when the temp was around 29F.
Currently in the St. Louis metro area 9:18 AM:
Sunny winds from the North at 8 mph
Temp (°F) Now 35°
RealFeel® 29°
RealFeel® Shade 29°
Wind Chill 28°
Dew Point 24°

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

37 earlier 12 mph wind
43 now , forecast high was 42 lol they missed a little ..
Wind knocked a few clay pots off the porch last night ,,
rainy and windy all night it was

Mountain View, HI

Cloudy start, really heavy showers and two thunderstorms overnight
Hopefully the day will turn out to be OK for some yard work.

I love this one: No birds, no bees, no flowers, no trees - no wonder November. That was England, does not work here in Hawaii

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Microb , true of many places , but right now today , even after a 24 wind chil last night , I still have zinnia , salvia , and a petunia blooming ,
With Goldfinches eating thistle and Sunflower seeds ..
That is a little unusal for here .. Last year i was posting snow pics about this time ,, Glad I am not this time .. !

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

We had a heavy frost this morning. Good news is we warmed up to 50 with sunshine. By the time I had to leave for work the frost was gone and I didn't have to worry about buying another scraper for another day. lol. My old one disappeared and I'm waiting for ours to come out at work. Wally World's versions are too flimsy.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

40 degrees right now, I'm sure this is a record low for us. Sunny and up to 66° today. Going to be a nice week, will warm up a bit each day, no rain, so we're going camping. ☺

Kelli, glad you got some rain. My rain barrel is empty, first time this year that has happened.

It is 45F outside and 67F in the house. They are calling for a high of 72F.

Yesterday we went to the Los Angeles Arboretum and at 8:30AM we could see our breath. I have no idea what the temperature was but I think it warmed up to around 68F. The Breeders Cup race was run at the racetrack across the street from the Arboretum and we could hear someone practice 'The Star Spangled Banner' several times. It sounded pretty good from our distance.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Litchfield, Ill this morn- temps said 38° but the harvested fields of corn and soybeans have a heavy frost til almost 0930, sun peeped out from under clouds ceiling in Mo just long enough then high cold clouds til Joplin. Temps have gone up to 64°61° and the winds are in a hard southeastern blow.

All pix are from Missouri from StLouis to Joplin

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

Trees are getting pretty bare around here and they are trying to harvest but I've heard rumors that a lot of the elevators are full right now.

High of 60 with sunshine and gusty winds.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sunny and 54 the high today
38 degrees and falling now

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Harvest is 95% done & most fields plowed. Farmers are applying nitrogen to fields that will be corn next year. Some are getting ready to fly south for the winter.
45º supposed to rain some tomorrow.

They are calling for a high of 75F. We've got mild Santa Ana winds but I don't think there is a big fire risk today.

Updated: 8:51 AM PST on November 03, 2014
Clear
64 °F
Clear
Humidity: 28%
Dew Point: 30 °F
Wind: 14 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 20 mph
Pressure: 30.14 in (Steady)
UV: 2 out of 16
Pollen: 4.20 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

60's and sunny here , beautiful fall afternoon .
Frost night before last , everything is about done ,

Beans are drying , late season greens are growing , radishes grow here every month except the coldest . Jan ? Feb,

annuals all gone .

Mostly cloudy with strong winds. Temps reached 67 for high but with the winds felt colder than that.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Two nights in a row of thirties. Is it spring yet?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Chuckl, dont I wish! 72° @ 4am in Houston, Tx winds are still, air is humid.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sun has returned. High today to be 50º. Very good for early November here. At least 10º above average.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Pics didnt post, try again, headin for 80° now though

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

They are calling for a high of 80F. We have fairly mild Santa Ana winds today.

Updated: 7:51 AM PST on November 04, 2014
Clear
67 °F
Clear
Humidity: 15%
Dew Point: 17 °F
Wind: 18 mph from the North
Pressure: 30.17 in (Rising)
UV: 1 out of 16
Pollen: 4.30 out of 12

Thanksgiving decorations

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli

Mid-60s and sunny in Atlanta. Beautiful day but I've been stuck inside painting. Boo. Gonna move outside after lunch and do a little sanding.

Mountain View, HI

Going into our 4th day without sunshine. grey cloudy skies with light rain on and off. Much cooler with low to mid 70s temps. Very little wind today, should pickup again tomorrow.
Earlier this morning low clouds were drifting through the trees creating damp foggy conditions.

High of 51 and cloudy all day. Had a damp feel to the air which made it feel colder.

They are calling for a high of around 90F. We have Santa Ana winds today. This time there is a fire weather warning.

Updated: 7:51 AM PST on November 05, 2014
Clear
74 °F
Clear
Humidity: 12%
Dew Point: 17 °F
Wind: 13 mph from the North
Pressure: 30.09 in (Rising)
UV: 1 out of 16
Pollen: 4.30 out of 12

Mountain View, HI

Sun is shining again this morning. Should be a great Hawaiian rainforest day.

High of 57 today and sunny. Just a mild breeze today so it helped to keep it decent.

Big arctic blast coming for next week. Won't even leave the 30s.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Uh oh! Thanks for the warning Pepper. We have a gorgeous full moon and very pleasant.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Mid 50's today , that is the last time we may even see 50 degrees until next spring

It was only suppose to be 45 degrees tonight ,,
Already 38 degrees and falling ..
away we go ,, phsst !

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Very windy here this morning & rattling the aluminum awnings. Temps dropped already this morning from 53 to 50 and should stay in upper 40s all day and windy under mostly clear skies.

Winter is not here. They are calling for a high of around 90F again. Yes, it gets kind of tiresome.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on November 06, 2014
Clear
57 °F
Clear
Humidity: 47%
Dew Point: 37 °F
Wind: 6 mph Variable
Pressure: 30.15 in (Rising)
Pollen: 4.20 out of 12

Wet and mild (not wild) in Atlanta. 60's days/40's nights. Light rain this morning then clearing for the remainder of the week/weekend. We are on our way to Maypop cottage in the Appalachian foothills of N. GA.. It will be 10 degrees cooler by day and night at that elevation. Looking forward to the first fireplace fire of the season and a family cookout over the firepit on Saturday evening.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

We were under burn ban until yesterday, overcast, drippy but comfortable temperatures, I appear to have stepped away from winter temporarily- tho the bugs n butterflies would prefer warmer temps still.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Mountain View, HI

Well that beautiful Hawaiian did not last. By midday yesterday the grey clouds rolled in with light showers.

This morning started nice again so we shall have to wait and see if it lasts. Had our first cool night of the year, got down to 64f last night. Jeans instead of shorts this morning.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It is 31 to 35 degrees here now .
rain , all day , and now .. and it is windy , 25 mph or so .
Oh well ,

Our high was around 47 or so today with sunshine and somewhat breezy conditions. Not too bad yet though.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Another gorgeous full moon and no cloud cover. Winds have calmed down and suppose dip into the 30s tonight.

On planet Kelli they are calling for a high of around 90F. So far it doesn't look like there will be Santa Ana winds. The winds don't bother me and they seem to keep some of the riff-raff inside, the riff-raff being the neighbor who blasts the stereo. I guess I shouldn't be labeling people like that.

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on November 07, 2014
Clear
56 °F
Clear
Humidity: 49%
Dew Point: 37 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the North
Pressure: 30.09 in (Steady)
Pollen: 3.90 out of 12

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Winter comes early - more Global Warming I guess!

http://texasstormchasers.com/2014/11/06/monster-storm-developing-bering-sea/

Currently 58 with a high around 62. Sunshine and stiff breezes today.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.