October weather, slide into winter ?

Mountain View, HI

Cloudy with light showers, wind has dropped.

Waiting for the onset of possible heavy showers and maybe thunderstorms tonite and tomorrow. Mid 70s

Mountain View, HI

Heavy showers started at 4pm.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They're calling for 90F again today.

We had a lot of fog earlier this morning, which is pretty unusual for my neighborhood.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on October 13, 2014
Fog
61 °F
Fog
Humidity: 97%
Dew Point: 60 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.99 in (Rising)
Visibility: 0.2 miles
Pollen: 5.00 out of 12

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Today kinda dreery but warm. Mid 70s I believe. Almost kind of muggy. The sun isstaying under theclouds.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

77 and clear the high today
76 degrees now and high winds .
tornado watch .
Severe thunderstorms warning for tonight and tomorrow .
nice for a while today !!!
you all be careful in all the storms , storming everyplace it seems ..

Thumbnail by juhur7
Mountain View, HI

You can have too much drama.

Woke up this morning to a clear sky, some showers overnight but the heavy rain and thunderstorms did not happen. Upper level, cold low is still passing the island.
The morning TV weather forecasters were promising that the storms were on their way and even had a Winter Weather advisory for the peak of Mauna Kea with little snowmen and snowflakes on the chart, 3 inches of snow possible.
OK, that has not happened yet.
Midday today forecast says storms are brewing offshore this afternoon and may come on shore later. Still hot and sunny here with a gentle breeze but 82f.
Bigger story is the developing tropical cyclone (sounds more dramatic than a hurricane) about 1000 miles southeast of us. Will move northwest and by Saturday will be the second hurricane to threaten our island. Forecast track could send it over or past us to the east as a Cat. 1 Hurricane

Oh, don't forget the Lava flow is still moving. Travelled another 70 yds in the last 24 hours.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Not much movement in temperature today. Got up to 57 and is now 54. Was 55 or so when I went to work at 5am today. Rain all day today and tomorrow before moving out late tomorrow night.

Royals game postponed til tomorrow due to the rain.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Watching the storms sweep toward me here SE of Indianapolis, i expect to be playing in the rain tonite when my appt finally gets here. Was hot and windy today-76° humid, and enough wind gusts I believe they caused the wrecks I saw off the overpasses early this morning on I70@I465 on the eastside in Indy. Storms are hitting late this season which kinda imitates the last 6 to 10 years I have paid stricter attention to

Mountain View, HI

They say everything comes to those who wait.

Well we got everything, except it arrived later than expected. Thunder started at 2pm and was almost continuous until 5pm. The storms stayed about 10 miles from us to the east, north and south. We had a steady rain but only one downpour. Other areas definitely will make the news tonight. Flood advisory in effect until 7.15pm for the entire Island.
Some snow has been reported on the summits of Mauna Kea. Will have to check out the webcams.
Disturbance to the South East is now Tropical Storm Ana. Looks like it may miss us and pass east and north of the islands on Sunday but it will be close.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

One more day of 90 degree high temps and then finally nice pleasant Florida fall will be here...about time, people are getting grumpy around here. Heavy rain tonight.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Almost 70 degrees here , rain keeping it warmer .
rare sunshine appears
rained from 1;0'clock am to 1;0clock pm this afternoon .
wind at 15 mph
Sounds like weather is being "FUN" in Hawaii !!! ,,

I'm headed for Pittsburgh. They are calling for a high of 78°F and I think a 30% chance of rain.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kelli , You came east just in time to enjoy our cool humidity ..!!!? little lol .. there .. ?
Well , the country is nice and green and full of fall colors ,,,?

In the wintertime ,, I would rather be out there in the desert southwest ,,

65 for high today with partly cloudy skies this morning then they finally cleared out to bring on the sunshine!!

Royals playing tonight. Rooting them on!! The sky turned blue today to help them win. lol

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Ju- thot you were lost to us, guess your updater has crashed again. Left Indy at 60° and drizzle and 2 days of rollovers - shudder. We believe Ju was out doing rain dances or otherwise living dangerously in all those storms. Portage Wis tonite, 50° due to drop to 40°. I have been soaked for 18hrs it felt like, so the hot chocolate was GREAT. It felt like supper at Harry's with the folks a visiting…

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

55°F in Pittsburgh. It sounded like it rained all night. It is cloudy now.

Royals made World Series and we are also the host for it. Whoo Hoo!!!

Another cloudless day with temps reaching mid 60s.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Not Lost Kitt ,, treading water , to tired to type
56 about the high today .
cold ,windy, day
wind blew a steady 15 mph all day ,,
rain still as drizzle ,, all day ..

That's all right Pepper ,, The Royals haven't won the World Series yet , lol
I watched them take over yesterday from the Orioles 1 nothing lead ,,
Looking good and confident the Royals are ,, it may help ,, lol
^_^ picking a bit ,, lol

LOL. The Royals were looking confident and the Orioles were looking scared at times. Fun to watch.

Mountain View, HI

A dreary drizzily day. A little breeze.

Must be the calm before the storm. Tropical Storm Ana still coming our way. Looks like it might go slightly south which would be nice. Might skim right up the southern coast of the entire Island chain just offshore, even close to Honolulu, or might move further off shore. All predictions are really vague at the moment but Costco and Home Depot are making money.

Flood watch has been issued for Friday and Saturday 10 - 20 inches of rain possible.

Even the lava flow seems to be taking a rest for the storm. Only moved 20 yds today.

It is cloudy and 53°F in Pittsburgh. They are calling for a high of 63°F.The leaves are all turning nice but I haven't been in a place to take pictures.

Mountain View, HI

Beautiful Hawaiian morning. Clear skies upper 60s and a gentle breeze at 7am.

Indications are that Ana will pass 70 miles to the south of the Big Island so maybe a few periods of rain for us but not the winds, whew! Might be closer to Honolulu and Kauai.

High of 77 today. Waaay warmer than I was expecting. lol

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Atlanta, got up to 65° in Illinois, but temps dropped when I expected heat- 58° at dark thirty.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

High here was 62 ,, cloudy ,cold, windy ,type of day .
Not bad for fall .!

It is cloudy and 53°F in Pittsburgh. They are calling for a high of 65°F. I haven't been outside but it looks windy and raw.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

50º, overcast, very windy.
Yesterday got to 70º with sun & no wind. Beautiful day!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Atlanta, Ga frantic city- UNLIKE pittsburgh that simply assumes it is supposed to behave as if it is The Rat Race, 62° winds are still, mourning doves cleaning up last nights seeds...

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Today I am at my daughters house watching the DGD. The weather is very chilly windy and all overcast 60 is the temp. Just a fall day.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I forgot to add the Michigan beauty.

Thumbnail by gardenlady123 Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

A nice fall day
partly sunny , low 60's
looking like rain , before sunset now ..
Fall planting some perennials , enjoying nice days before the cold of winter comes to stay ,
30's tomorrow night ..

It is 68°F and sunny and breezy.

64 for high today. Felt good in the sun but a bit chilly in shade. Stiff breeze too. All in all not a bad day for fall.

It is 51°F and cloudy in Pittsburgh. They are calling for a high of 52°F and rain.

Mountain View, HI

Hurricane Ana passed 130 miles south of South Point on the Big Island which is about 190 miles from our location. But still we had 12 hours of heavy rain and a few thunderstorms thrown in over night but no wind and the power stayed on.
Indications are that we had between 8 and 12 inches of rain and its still coming down. Should stay cloudy and showery today before clearing tomorrow. We can handle rain. By tomorrow it will drain away without a trace. Just helps us keep up with our average of 130 inches a year.
Rest of the island chain is now being impacted as heavy rain goes from East to West with Ana. Its still a hurricane.

Chilly in shade and somewhat decent in sun. It was 44 at 10am this morning and warmed up to 60. Could be worse this time of year. I can't complain. lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

High of 50 degrees , rained this morning ..
Cold day ,,

I suppose I should be glad I don't have Hurricanes or a Volcano to worry about .. One will probably now happen in the middle of the drive in the miiddle of winter , since I typed that ... yeah , that kind of thing ,,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Had wondered how Hawaii was doin. Just stopped tonite and it is 41° outside, but the air is still - so doesnt feel that bad. The bugs aren't hitting my windshield since I washed them farther south, That can be nice. Rochelle, Illinois. Head north in the morning. Wonder how Alaska is doing - I hear the Borealis are dancing this year, but haven't seen their glows in maybe 10 years...

It is 41°F and partly sunny in Pittsburgh. They are calling for a high of 52°F.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

54° now in Green Bay, winds feel as if ice is in them. At Rockford, Ill I saw a hard frost last til 9am and later til direct sun hit it awhile.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.