Fairy Garden Swap: The Land(ing) of Fairies Revealed

Ocean Springs, MS

I did not mean to trick anyone on the last question, but there were at least two answers. If you gave either one, then you got credit! Chloe is a character in the Disney Fairies television special, Pixie Hollow Games. She is a garden-talent fairy and is voiced by Brenda Song.
She is also... Chloe: The Topaz Fairy (Rainbow Magic: The Jewel Fairies # 4) in a book.

NEW QUESTION: If you spot a beautiful black horse, with a flowing mane and glowing eyes, at the bottom of your garden, then you might have one of these shape-shifting faeries hiding among the cabbages... THIS FAIRY may also take the form of a human, a rabbit, a dog or a goblin. If it entices you onto its back, expect a wild ride. But THE FAIRY, however chaotic and scary, is essentially benevolent, and is known to give good advice, and to lead people away from harm. WHO IS THIS ESSENTIALLY GOOD FAIRY!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I found this from years gone by. This was my attempt at making a miniature garden on our first miniature garden swap. Nothing fancy like you guys are creating to say the least.

I have not forgotten about displaying the 'rest' of my garden. Just we left early today and got back late.

Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden
South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Wow ~ thats a pretty nice sized set you have there... I love it!
All of your accessories are so natural looking.... and with a rustic setting.....
love everything pictured! thanks for sharing...

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Oh, That is what you sent me, and I love it!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Joyce I like the rustic look, as a matter of fact that would fit right in with my fairy garden. I have been experimenting with a few different looks on this particular garden. I changed things around to give it different looks. I am still working on it. Waiting on my moss to arrive. My mom lives in the woods and has 5 different kinds of moss. :) I need a pond, don't I? And some animals maybe?
I have another in the works.
I started with a bird house I got on clearance and remodeled it. Since I don't have the power tools to cut my own pieces to make my house from scratch. This was a good option for me. I made the furniture from twigs. That was kind of fun.

This message was edited Aug 18, 2014 7:51 AM

Thumbnail by Nanny23 Thumbnail by Nanny23 Thumbnail by Nanny23
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Babette, they are beautiful

Nanny, I love your remodeled birdhouse!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought nthey were Babettes. Nanny they are wonderful, how creative you are. I'm still struggling to get mthe stones to stay on mine

What kind of glue are you using Kathy?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

First I used a glue gun, but they fell off in the sun, now I'm using Scotch Maximum Adhesive. Guess I'll have to use Gorilla glue? Any suggestion is very much appreciated

Get some E6000, or any clear silicone caulk.

Quite alright jkj. I get confused on these threads all the time, lol. I am workig on a small fairy house with stones I used hot glue to secure the stones, but I am thinking of grouting between the stones for better adhesion. I will let you know how that works out. I have not put mine out in the sun yet, but thanks for the heads up, mine would probably fall off too.

This message was edited Aug 18, 2014 10:27 AM

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

I like E6000 too. I've used it on several things that are out in the elements and so far it's been working just fine. I've never had much luck with the glue gun.

Nanny, I love your houses. I'm thinking about doing something similar to a Christmas village church that has a light in it.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

my garden is a train wreck no pics here lol, gogo jkj

Nan ~ your fairy garden is beautiful. Love what you have created in all 3 photos.
The house is gorgeous! And love your handmade furniture!
Would love to do a trade with you... hint hint. ...:-)

The funiture is a prototype ie; first try, but I am going to try making some more and we will see how it turns out. I have just put it outside in the rain so we will see how well it holds up. lol A trade could be possible.

I have lots to trade!...plants, gemstone barista sets, stepping stones, shephards hook with an angel, garden accent jewels, concrete shtuff...etc.

Sounds good! I will get back to you on that as soon as I get some more furniture made :)

Looking forward to a trade with you.... thank-you!

Oh my stuff that I ordered came in for my buddy and I am happy with the stuff. Now to get busy to finish the box now I know the size of everything.

Stay cool everyone HOT here, and not a breath of air....ughhhh.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Got one thing finished for my buddy :) quite proud of this booger lol

Thumbnail by badcat
BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Prize box 1 for Julies game

Thumbnail by badcat

Amanda ~ your offering a prize too? great ~
And I love your booger... :-)

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

I have 2 but Dave's is letting me upload the second PiC sec.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

2nd box

Thumbnail by badcat

Amanda, those are awesome.

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Check out this page.. and she makes custom ones.

https://www.facebook.com/MagicalDaydreams

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

thanks for the advice. can i get E6000 at michaels? never heard of it

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

you can get E6000 almost any where, walmart, any craft or hardware store.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

thank you.

Ta Da...here is my box from SP and I think I opened everything this time... so sorry but so glad you told me. I was so happy before all the extras and elated to say the least now.

Oh yeah so is my DGD cause she won't let me play with them...lol she has been so busy rearranging things and adding things, but she did let me take a pic.

Look closely and you will see the wind chimes, table and chairs, and my DGD says the glitter things are like our solar lights lighting up the pathway....

Again thank you so much.

Thumbnail by happgarden

OH MY! I really like those little extra's you almost threw away! :)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

how beautifal

Ocean Springs, MS

Wow! Y'all have been so busy!

Nanny, love the little garden! It's very cute and your unique touches are awesome!

Thanks, Badcat, for offering 2 more prizes for the game! That means we will have 4 winners! Wish I could play the game! LOL

Happ, little things added look so adorable.

Babette, like the way you made mushrooms with golf tees!

Glad to see all the chatter. JKJ and Jokenna, I need some E6000 too!

You still have time to answer the question! I know I would if I could win one of the prizes! LOL

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Start answering you little bad fairies!!! heheheh JK Julies putting in the effort cmon ya naughty little sprites :D... i might just have to tickle people till they wet themselves ifin ya dont ;)

The little extras are the finishing touches. Going to have to get DGD her own fairy garden and put it on the porch in one of those big square pots. Right under the tree there are so many roots it is hard to stick things in the ground.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Everything is so cute. I am working on some little plants to send to my partner, they will need to dry out a bit before I can mail out.
The little planters in the front of the pic remind me I have some antique napkin rings that will make excellent fairy planters. I can even just let the plants root through the open bottom.
I like a fairy garden in a pot . . . not that I don't have strange stuff spread out all over my garden or anything like that.

I will have to see how the dogs do with my stuff. It is out of the way so should be ok, but you never know. I really don't think they will bother it, they don't seem a bit interested and they can't run over it without running into the tree...rofl.

Ocean Springs, MS

Good ideas, Dee! Always learning things from y'all.

I have one tree in my yard that is big enough to do a fairy garden, but in the spring the darn rattlesnake plant just takes over. I can't get rid of it! So, I've decided to do one outside next spring right next to my sunroom. I'm going to make some "stumps" in my pottery class when I know more of what I'm doing! I'm also collecting logs and driftwood. And I'm making a birdhouse tree from a shrub and my small resin birdhouses!

THE ANSWER TO YESTERDAY'S QUESTION WAS POOKA (PUCA/PUCK).

NEXT QUESTION: Elsie Wright (1900–88) and Frances Griffiths (1907–86), two young cousins, WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT CONTROVERSIAL FAIRIES?

hAVE FUN!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh man, I lost you guys! Now I have to go back and read!

Let me say though that my swap buddy was my Sissy, Kathy! Yay! She sent me amazing things and I will post them later!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.