Mid-Atlantic Fall Plant Swap

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Welcome all DG friends, Ric and I are hosting a Fall Plant Swap

WHEN:
Saturday Sept 13th, starting around 11:00 till……
Lunch will be around 1:00. It will be a covered dish.
We set the 11:00 start time to try and give people time to get here but earlier arrivals are welcome and so are late comers.

WHERE:
Ric and Holly’s house in Dover, Pa.
We live in south central Pa. close to Interstate 83 half way between York and Harrisburg. If you do a Map Quest from your location to Dover, Pa. that will give you an idea of driving times. I will be D-Mailing my address / directions to everyone planning to attend closer to the swap.
So please check the next post to be sure your name is on the list. So that I send you my address.

WHO:
All DG members their families and friends are invited.
Children of all ages included.

WHAT TO BRING:
Folding table or blanket and chairs to set up your swap area.
Something for the covered dish lunch. (Food Thread will be put up closer to Swap date)
You: Most important thing to bring is yourself. For those of you that have never been to a Swap you should know that you don’t have to bring plants to the swap to attend, you don’t even have to bring plants to take some home. If you don’t have much in the way of plants or seeds to swap that doesn't matter. There are plenty of plants to go around Gardeners just love to share their Gardens. This is a great way for new gardeners to start off. These events are as much about just getting together as they are about trading plants.

This thread is for general info, organization, who is planning to attend, and for answering any questions that might arise. Pretty much anything that is NOT food or plant related. Please keep food and plant trades chat on those threads. I’m going to save a few spots at the top of this thread for my info, you are welcome to chat after that.

Please check the top posts of this thread for updates, more information, and links to additional threads. Holly

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Have and Want List Thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1368362/
Stepping Stone Project Thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1368659/
Food Thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1372077/

Attendees
Muddy
Catmint
Greenthumb & sister
Ecnalg
Happy
Aspenhill
Sequoiadendron
Gita & Tammy(?)
Catbird
Donner
Sallyg
SSG
Critter
Speedie
Gardadore
Coleup
Jan23
Nan7valleys & DH
Unomeemaw
Blossomgiver

This message was edited Sep 9, 2014 10:32 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Parking and Prearranged Swaps.
There is a large circle in front of our house with parking on both sides. You can drive back the lane next to our yard to drop off plants and such in the backyard then turn around and park out front. There will be overflow parking in the back.
When you drive back the lane there will be marked blue Pepsi flats spread out on the left side going back. This is the prearranged swap area. You can drop off your swaps in that area. If there is anyone that does not need a prearranged spot please let me know. I will be putting up a spot for each attendee.

This message was edited Sep 11, 2014 2:39 AM

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Please count me in, Holly.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

I'll be there!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Pat, my sister Julie and I plan to attend.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'll be there -- can't wait! Thanks for hosting, Ric and Holly!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Count me in too!

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm in but I don't think my wife will be coming. I'll let you know if she is or not.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm sure we wore her out at the last one -- or bored her to tears!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I will be coming.
Will ask Tammy if she wants to come along again. Gita

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

If she is crafty and creative she might have a good time making a stepping stone, and it won't be such a long drive as the Spring Swap.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

If she is coming--we will meet up at my house--and i will drive.

The issue may be--"Can she get that day off?" Hopefully--there's plenty of time...
last time--it took me 1hr. and 20 min. to get home--but I "flew'...no traffic...

G.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

I plan to come too, always fun to see your projects in person.

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

We will try to make it if there are no traveling plans.

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Please count me in, Holly. Thank you for hosting the event. I am looking forward to seeing you and everybody.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

THANKS Holly and RIc for hosting! Lovely invitation you wrote up.
Mark and I plan to come, hope Catbird will ride with us so we don't have to only talk to each other LOL.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Sally--and if Tammy does not come--so will I....maybe?

The problem is that you tend to stay late--and I have to work Sunday
AM--so..that may be a determining factor. I'd love to hang around....BUT...

The other determinant is- how many acres of plants we bring!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I will try my darnedest not to bring many at all.

I am not, at this tome, working on any cuttings--except the Braz. Plume.

So SHE says in July.....:o

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I put up a thread for the Stepping Stone Projects you will find a link at the top of this thread.

I'm looking for different varieties of culinary thyme. I think the one I have currently is English thyme.

Is anyone interested in NOID white variegated hostas? My yard's not shady enough for them, so they come up white/green and turn almost all green by mid-summer.

I still have 3 pink astilbes that I'll be digging up. They're pretty big so they may be able to get divided further.

I have lemongrass that I will not be overwintering. Please let me know if you'd like to try growing it indoors.

(Btw, I can't edit my Wants/Have list.)

Oh! And guess what doesn't die on my front Death Bed? Epimediums! These are fantastic little plants! I'd love to try different kinds of epimediums.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

SSG - I'd love to get some of your pink astilbes, whatever qty is left after others ask. I discovered how well epimediums do for me a few years ago, but they are not too common in the nurseries. I've been able to find 'Roseum' and 'Lilafee' easily, but other cultivars have only been available via mail order. I do have a big clump of the first one I bought that is time for dividing - I'll pot some up for you when I do. I never marked it, but it is either 'Rose Queen' or 'Lilafee'.

You got it, aspenhill! Those pink epimediums are adorable!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

We had-- now out of bloom--the most beautiful Astilbes at HD.
Deep, magenta blooms.

They are all still sitting on the table---I am hoping they (Bell) will
mark those down to $3. Then i will pick up a couple....
I work tomorrow--will see.....

g.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

ssg: If no one else asks for your NOID white variegated hostas, I'd happily give them a new home in our way back... I have some of the common yellow epimediums....

That editing thing is goofing me up on Haves and wants, so anybody that Wants one of my Haves, might best dmail me to be sure.

Sure thing on the white hostas, HM! I'd love some common yellow epimediums!

Gita, I hope I'm not too late in asking for this, but can you check to see if the astilbe species/cultivar is listed? I'm replacing my light pink astilbes with the ones that have darker blooms. Astilbe chinensis 'Vision in Red' is what I'm looking for.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I will look today. I may just swipe a plant tag of one and take a picture for you here...

IF they are still there... G.

I have Going Bananas daylily that used to be a prolific bloomer but didn't do very well this year. I just realized that they're over 3 years old (one of the oldest plants in my garden!), so they probably just need to be divided.

It's a soft yellow rebloomer, and semi evergreen, at least in my garden. Anyone interested?

ssg, that is a soft pretty yellow,
http://www.provenwinners.com/plants/hemerocallis/going-bananas-daylily-hemerocallis-hybrid
but I'll pass; happy with my Happy Returns. I have you down for some Hyperion, tall with clear lemony yellow flowers?

Yes, I'd love a tall yellow one! Thanks, Sally!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

There is a daylily sale and auction tomorrow morning if anyone is interested:
National Capital Daylily Club, Saturday August 9, 9 a.m. at Maryland Farm Bureau
Most daylilies will be sold as bareroot double fans for $5.
Newer and potted daylilies will be slightly more.
Auction at Noon of Club Plants
Maryland Farm Bureau
3358 Davidsonville Road
Davidsonville, MD 21035
410-922-3426

Davidsonville, that's Anne Arundel, south of me, and coleup, but I'm working.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy, are you going? I had just started to look on line to obtain re-blooming daylilies, but going to a fairly local sale may be a better option for me.

aspen, you probably already have Happy Returns, but I have enough to share

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

That sale is fairly close to me too but I have decided I cannot buy any plants or fabric this month. It has not been easy and I plan to go to three quilt shops next week while on vacation.

BTW, my niece Michelle had a PETscan on Monday and no cancer was found! The chemo worked!

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh wow, that's great news Catbird!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.