CLOSED: 2014 Mug Swap Reveal/Show us your ugly Mug!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

I got my box from my Muglee partner today. Everything was so wrapped so pretty. It is such an awesome mug, too! It is a collectible mug with Antique fern prints on it. A great size for coffee, tea , soup, even ice cream! She also sent me a tin of my favorite Earl Grey tea, and some beautiful Paper Butterfly earrings that she made. Thank you Dee! I love everything!

Thumbnail by Nanny23 Thumbnail by Nanny23 Thumbnail by Nanny23
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Ooooo, all very pretty. :)

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Wow! What a beautiful box, and pretty wrappings! LOVE those earrings!

Alicat, I basically have two years left since I started at community college and only had to pay in-resident tuition there (very low, only $250 a credit hour or similar). I also have the GI Bill which will help pay for a lot of the tuition, plus I get some discounts for being in the honor society and a good GPA. But it is a private college and their tuition reflects that!

This message was edited Jun 29, 2014 8:05 AM

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

That is a nice box of pretty goodies. That cup is really beautiful too.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

That is a nice box of goodies! Love those earrings!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

A day late, but it is in the mail! It's on the way!

I got my box from Nanny23/Annette. And let me tell you she sent a beautiful cup in a beautiful box to hold my favorite beverages. I collect angels, and this is so pretty. My first angel on a cup!
She also sent some dark chocolate pirouline wafers, one of my favorite snacks, a bag of scrumptious looking hazelnut fudge brownie coffee. I will have to make some tonight, and a box of my favorite tea, lemon.
Thanks so much for the great box of goodies!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Linda what a great box just for you..So glad you got a wonderful box.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Very nice, LK. Definitely you. :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Delightful! LK how did she know you loved all those things?

Some muglee intuition?

And Nanny - you made out pretty well too. So much for the "it's only a mug" swap. :)

Guess what?! MY box to MY Muglee is in the mail!!! YAYAYAYAYAYA!!!

Plus, I was stupid today and bought fish. Nothing to do with the other, I went there to get a lightbulb for the new turtle tank and now sort of have buyer's remorse. ha ha ha

oxo

A.

A.. LOL Lk, Gorgeous Angel on that cup.

Winnetka, CA

Very pretty Linda!

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Amanda - How about feeding the fish to the turtle? You know like gourmet food. I joke only because I really plan on NOT buying any more pets. I know it's hard, when those cute little eyes look directly at you. I really wanted one of the rodents in the pet store the other day . . . a rodent. Thank goodness I don't have a rodent cage or it would have come home with me.
I have a 5 year old pac-man frog. I looked online to see how old they get and found a man who was taking a poll "How old is your really old pac-man frog?". He says his is 23, TWENTY THREE !!! This is a frog mind you. Don't get me wrong, I love my frog, but I didn't think I'd have to name him in my trust.
Oh, and very nice Linda, Nanny is a good picker.

You are a good picker too,Dee. :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hmmm. Crap. I forgot that turtles will also outtlive me.

So will my Iguana, likely, unless she does not pass the cat hairball that she ingested yesterday while I was looking the other way. :/

I don't make this stuff up!!!!!

Will have to redo my estate planning, but there's mostly just liabilities so what's the point! :P

Mugz are in the air! Flying everywhere!!!

I had a moment of panic this week when I thought maybe I had mistakenly given someone's name to two different people. Let's face it, when I cut up papers with your names on it and draw them from a pile to match you, it's not exactly an exact science. Sounds easy, but remember who you're dealing with. :D

Love to you all! And a cup of coffee to boot.
xox
A.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Thrilled, I am thrilled, Nicole!

Gals just look at this huge mug / soup bowl / or just plain old ice cream indulgence vessel. The background looks like burlap and there's a saying on one side in bold letters Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. That's the truth, this mug would work for all three. Reverse side says Farm to Table. We are growing veggies this year trying to do just that. I love it and the whole rustic look.

Next come food and drinks. Many of you know how I crave white hot chocolate and can never ever find it here. There's a pack of that by Land O Lakes, a bag of Apple Caramels (yum), Cracker Barrel Cocoa which smells divine. And last but not least, four, count em FOUR big Cadbury chocolate bars, various flavors, now in the freezer. They fared very well in this 90 something degree heat, no melting whatsoever. I had thought about sending chocolates but was afraid they would arrive a melted mess. Hence the jar of hazelnut spread...lol

Very well thought out for me, Nicole. Thank you so much for brightening my day!

And a warm toast to our hostess with the mostest, Miss Manda Panda.

xoxo
Frootz

I would have posted earlier but my girlfriend you hear me speak of from time to time had broken down an hour away after her doctor's appt, so that round trip took well over four hours including the pharmacy that took over an hour to fill one lousy Rx. Then she had a couple of errands. Just got home, slapped Bojangles chicken & fixin's on our plates and am going to eat supper.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

I love that cup! That is awesome! Nice job Nichole!

I agree.. a way nice cup and goodies.. good job Nichole. ;D

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

LK and Fruity, you both got so lucky! A nice welcome back to you Ms. Frootz :)

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Fruity that is such an awesome cup! and who doesn't like Cadbury chocolate bars...been several years but now I'm craving one. Fruit and Nut was my fav.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Cute mug.

I like that mug!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I fell in love with the mug as soon as I saw it. I tried to find pre-mixed homemade soup - you know the kind you only add water and boil? Couldn't find any . . .

I am so glad you like it!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm showing at least one muglee package delivered on 6/2 without yet acknowledgement (by participant) of receipt!

O the suspense.

Has everyone shipped? I told you mine would be last. :D

Almost proud of myself. but not really.

Ha ha ha ha.

A.

Send them a message!

I got mine, just havn't been able to post about it today, I am at work, will send pics tonight. Mine that I sent was also recieved according to my email, havn't heard from her yet.
Ms. Wills, I am exotremely pleased with everything, and hope I can use those two mugs at work and at home, both. Joe had to help me open the box, and then he was like
" Oh good, now I don't have to buy u any coffee tommorrow " LOL

hello? Anyone home? LOL

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Home!

Waiting to hear your package arrived safely. I think we only have one other outstanding and I show t was delivered on 6/30. Hellooooo?!

I am trying to upload pics right now... I know Kathy's was delivered..

Loved the card.. and the cute italian cookies and the little elephant figurines, They will be perfect with my other little animals on the shelf. Mostly love the mugs..
You all got some pretty fancy stuff, As did I, I was more intent on getting my partner something from her want list..I didn't see where she liked anything in particular as far as styles, types of drinks etc. I hope the muffin I put in there isn't moldy, AuntB made it.. I LOVE teas and things, well I love it all.. Thanks ms Willis! Isn't the little Bee mug just the cutest?

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Oh, I did not have a tea strainer, so it will be used .. a lot!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I got you fancy stuff because you're fancy. And I love you. :)

xox
A.

I love you too, Amanda.. I gotta show you a mug swap from 2012.. ( missed last year)
the mug on the right was to me and the mug on the left was from me, and now I can't member who sent me that mug, but I lved it to death, and someone knocked it off my desk at work a few months ago and it broke.
I been using a Honda mug since, so am glad you sent me these 2 new ones.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, I love those mugs! Nice box of goodies too!

Happy 4th of July everyone!

I'm about to drink one of these energy drinks.. Amanda where did you get these at? Perfect for me at work. ( Home today , tho)

Winnetka, CA

Happy Fourth of July everyone....

Looks like I am the final muglee partner to post.... forgive me Amanda... the package did come a couple of days ago, and I did try to post the next morning, but the heat here in the valley took my internet out and I couldn't post immediately. We have had some agonizingly hot days here. Last night I sent the photo to my desktop at home so I could post this morning as I'm up and running again...and here I am. And I think I can truly say... saving the best for last! My wonderful muglee partner careyana sent me a hand thrown mug... a very pretty shade of blue (my favorite color by the way!) with a nice burgundy color at the base. It's perfect...and I love that it was handmade.

She also sent me 5 lovely gauze wrapped seed packs for my butterfly garden.

1) Berlandiera lyrata - Chocolate Daisy
2) Bahinia Lunaroldes - Anachado Orchid Tree
3) Melampodium leucanthium - Black Foot Daisy
4) Thelesperma filirfolium - Navajo tea
5) Tetraneuris scaposa - Four Nerve Daisy

Thanks so much Carey! This was a splendid surprise! Did the seeds come from your own garden? I will plant these in the fall when we have our cooler weather and some moisture... I googled some photos - the four nerve daisy is such a pretty color. I think my butterflies will really enjoy these plants. We had 4 monarchs in the way-station this morning availing themselves... it's so rewarding to see them there enjoying them plantings... although someone has decimated my basil! It is good stuff! -:)

Debra... I love that bee mug... and the other one was really pretty too....good job Amanda! Such a great swap this year... it sounds like everyone was pleased. My muglee partner didn't post a photo but she did say she liked her box - (so glad to hear that as I was hoping I made good choices...) I sent her a cute little bee mug also as she mentioned that she liked bees....there are some really adorable bee mugs available this year for those of you who are bee lovers!

Everyone did a super job this year.... this is such a fun swap... I sure had fun Amanda... thanks so much for hosting! Nancy

Thumbnail by NF2932
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey Nancy!

Thanks for posting - actually I think we need to hear from one more person,but for you - what and Awesome mug. I was looking for a hand thrown mug for Debra, after all in the pottery capital of the world right here in NC, but they were so expensive!!

I also know from experience that Carey has an excellent personal seed stash so I'll bet you've got some goodies there.

I also thought about sending plants on Debra's want list, but O it just seemed too much like work. ;)

My pleasure to host the swap. Some work out great, some have bumps and potholes, but this one never disappoints.

Thanks everybody.
xox
A.

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you Amanda...Great swap and some awesome mugs!

I LOVED the caramel waffles, and me and Joe were about to fight over them, but I shared. I ate the pizzells last night in a late night sleep eat moment..
Amanda, this was a great swap and I really love the friendships made here. Thanks for hosting!

I agree with everyone! Love this swap, and can't wait till next year!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.