CLOSED: 2014 Mug Swap Reveal/Show us your ugly Mug!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oops ... and freesia bulbs.

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

You said it Carole, "What A haul" !

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

OH MY! That is a nice box of goodies!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

How beautiful - especially the special stones - and the tiny bottles - well they look like a good idea too (!).

Interesting - could look at that angle. What stuff can you put in coffee to make it ummy. Will now go and look. :)

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Yea! You got my box and the mug isn't smashed to bits!
So glad you like the "stuff"!
I thought you'd like the asparagus - it's so yummy when it gets established! I love my patch!
The spirit rocks are fun and since you said you liked organic stuff - I hoped they'd fit into your "likes!"
Sending you virtual hugs and love my muglee partner!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

So pleased with everything, Candi. You really outdid yourself! I'm having coffee in my new mug as we speak. :)

My box is ready to go to the post office. My buddy should have it by the end of the week!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

I hope to receive the mug I ordered LAST Monday by the end of THIS week! Apparently I ordered a photo representation not knowing the guy would need to throw it, glaze it, and kiln fire. In this heat, it would not be a pleasant experience to be in the same room as a fired up kiln. So, here's hoping to still make the deadline. Yesterday I finished gathering a few goodies to go with the mug. It's really pretty and will be worth the wait, Buddy!

Very nice muglee boxes rolling in, Ladies! Lots of ingenious ideas.

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

I got my other half mailed off today! Should be there on wed...I got some explainin' to do!!!

Winnetka, CA

Good evening muglee friends...

My super secret muglee swap partner should get their box by end of day tomorrow...
Sent you the tracking info Amanda...

Sounds like lots of boxes getting ready to fly!

Have a great evening all.... Nancy

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I am looking for a couple more things.. this is a weird time for me, with a brand new grandbaby girl, and memories of a year ago this time.
I am probably going to get my muglee's stuff packed up this weekend, in tween the birthday parties, the James Taylor concert, and then a birthday bash for Amboo Ploy ( my hubby's best friend) at The Artichoke, a little sandwich and beer place, where Amboo will be playing the Harmonica in his Blues band. Then, I will be in Grandma Mode the next day, and am going to take Monday the 23rd off and run away up north Sunday night to be with AuntB (Bonnie) that day. We need a vent and purge session.
On the nights I am not in Grandma Mode, between the hours of 6 thirty and 9:30 , I am outside pulling weeds and thinning perennials.
If anyone wants a bundle of fully rooted, cutback Rudbeckias, Yarrows, (red, white) Lavender Obedient Plant, Peppermint, or violets for sase. please let me know.. My most special flower right now.....is Emma Sue. My grandson, Chevy is a very happy big brother.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Congrats to you all on the new baby girl! What a cutie!I have three Grandbabies although they are not little babies anymore. They are 2,3,5 yrs old, but I am in,what you refer to as Grandma mode, on a regular basis, too. They like to "garden" with Nanny.

Goodness Debra, you are one busy lady!

Love that special Emma Sue flower, she is so precious!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Dear Muglee Buddy:

Today I received in the mail your mug that I found for you after painstaking search across the internet. Thanks to you, I also found a mug for me, the McCoy smiley face mug, which goes with the rest of my McCoy smiley face pottery that my mom helped me to collect (well, it's not much, but it's a "collection" to me).

Thanks Muglee, can't wait to finish packing yours up and shipping it out of course before the 29th. :D

xox
A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

p.s. I am tempted to send it to you, but you already know I have miles of smiles for you. :)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I used to have one of those smiley face mugs. Gosh, it brings back memories. :)

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

I had some for my kids and bowls to go with...brings back memories.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Bowls!

Does anyone have any McCoy pottery they'd like to part with let me know. :)

xo

Sorry, I don't have any here. I had to Google it to see what it is. Then I went to eBay, and oh man. My Grandma and Mom used to have some. Don't know what happened to it! Your yellow smiley cups go for about $10.00 a piece.

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Well, I'm still gathering for my muglee partner: have the mug, but it needs some stuffin'! Hope to have it out this week once I find a couple more things. I need to get it out this week because next week is already promising to be busy busy!

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh my, I got an awesome box from Linda Kay today!

I love love love the cup..and all the goodies! Will post pic soon. Makes me want coffee in the 90 degree heat!

I hope it all arrived safely?

Just checking in! I am waiting on an order to come for my muglee buddy, so It should be here in the next few days. My box should go out first of next week :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

i have been overwhelmed by Jokenna's kindnesses to me in this crazy ugleee mug swap. She sent another box today (don't forget the first mug with everybody's pictures (!)

Lets see. First things to go were the bulk chocolate candy which amazingly remained unmelted despite our 90+ degree heat. Every other day or so I think, Okay! today is the day when I create my caloric deficit. And then a packaage from DG arrives. :D

I'm eating so much candy I'm going to be sick. hahahahahaha

Okay then the mugs - yes multiples!!!

First - an ugleee mug with a dude sticking his tongue out - a very real piece of glazed pottery signed and everything. Quite substantial. I will find a special use for this hideous creature. :D

Then, a JUMBO mug good for cereal, soup, giant olympic size coffee cup, etc. It is going to have a special place in my lineup for sure.

And finally - the coup de gras (whatever that means!). She has instituted a "pass the pig" swap within the swap. There is a pig on the mug- front and back-kind of cute, not necessarily the ugliest, but pass the pig we shall.

Some more packs of chocolate and even a bag of dark roast coffee from Starbucks. Bless you my child. Life is too short to drink a bad cup of coffee. I love every last morsel and thank you SO much for making this special and very entertaining!!! :)

I have to eat something to clear my palate of that baaaaad chocolate. phew OH wait!!!

And practically the best part of all, a tiny tea timer which scared the crap out of me when it wounddown the first time. I've actually been needing one of these for some time management exercises I am working on , so I'll use it with dogged determination.

Thank you so much. I am humbled by your generosity..

xoxox
A.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

WOW!

Looks like we need some pictures from a couple of people. Just sayin'.

Yes pictures please?

DJ'S JULY IRIS SWAP

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1365620/

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

OK I'm back with pictures! Don't be jealous, I got hooked up!

Thank you so much Linda, you sent me the perfect box of yummyness!

Love Who You Are! I love this cup and the cute reusable box it came in.

Dunkin Donuts Carmel Coffee I love carmel and coffee. I will so enjoy my morning coffee.

Biscotti bites yum yum! My Mother got me hooked on Biscotti years ago and every time I have one I think of her.

Some wonderful cookies...(the package doesn't look opened it?)

A box of mixed fruity teas. That I love. And a box of spiced apple cider mix. Which I will be lucky if I get any with my grandkids around...lol Don't know who likes it more me or them.

Thank you Thank you Linda

This message was edited Jun 20, 2014 12:42 PM

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

opps! Forgot to attach photos

My morning coffee and checking out facebook. Thought I would show both sides of the awesome cup!

This message was edited Jun 20, 2014 1:13 PM

Thumbnail by Jokenna Thumbnail by Jokenna Thumbnail by Jokenna Thumbnail by Jokenna Thumbnail by Jokenna

Now that looks yummy! I did not know what you liked, so I sent what I like! Enjoy!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Great box, LK. Great mug, Jokenna. ♥

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Apparently we like the same things Linda... I cant wait to meet you in person..maybe the fall roundup this year?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

O MY GAWD! What a cool BOX LK sent to you Tina!!! I was so hoping someone would take care of you as you have taken care of me - so beautifully!

And LK - what a neat mug - I love the owl on the inside. :)

Pictures finally of my wonderful Muglee box that arrived yesterday from Jokenna/Tina:

Ugly Mug
Pig
Jumbo
Candy
The rest. UMMMY! Thank you thank you thank yoooooooooooooo!

xoxo
A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq Thumbnail by AmandaEsq Thumbnail by AmandaEsq Thumbnail by AmandaEsq Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Some more:

And Happy Solstice! It's the most wonderful time of the year, and my favorite swap of the year. Thanks for making it a great one. :)

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Your welcome Amanda... I was hoping you would get a kick out of the mugs....Had lots of fun looking for that ugly mug.

This is a great swap....and I just Love what I got.

Thank you for hosting sure a fun swap!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

It is my utmostest pleasure!!! :)

Drinking some of the delicious dark Starbuck's coffee you sent. Thank God. Whenever I try to save money by buying some "cheap"coffee I am always sorry.

Life's too short to drink bad coffee!!!

xoxox
A.

Love those mugs!

Jokenna, when and where is there a round up this fall?

Winnetka, CA

Wonderful packages everyone!

Did my muglee partner get her package? Tracking shows that it was delivered... maybe you are traveling? Nancy

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Linda I don't know Just hoping someone will do it.. Joy?

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I am half way there . . . found the perfect mug . . . now looking for the perfect accessories!

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I will try to get mine out tomorrow. If not, Monday for sure!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.