CLOSED: 2014 Mug Swap Reveal/Show us your ugly Mug!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I got too much stuff to cram in the box. Dilemma.... :/

A.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Neglected to write out the instructions on the "Pass the Pig" mug from Tina/Jokenna:

"You can:
Hug Me
Touch Me
Kiss Me
Caress Me, even

Drink from me

But you must
pass me on to the
Next Muglee . . . ..

PASS THE PIG!!!

Thought about sending the pig on in my muglee's box, but I am going to hang on to it till next swap. I put the instructions in my "DG" folder in my file cabinet. SOMEONE will see it next year. :)

Thanks Tina!

xoxox
A.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

My Buglee's box went out yesterday, already scheduled for Monday delivery! It was so much fun getting things together. I had a few plants to include but it is just too danged hot to mail them right now. But, I did remember the card... hahaha

Tina, you're so thoughtful to pamper our Manda. You know, that first pic you posted of your goodies from LK looks like a postcard. Yummy breakfast anytime.

A traveling pig, oh my. Does bacon come with that?

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Wow, Love the all goodies and that mug is awesome ( the pigly one) You got a great box o goodies, Amanda.
ANd boy, LK u really know how to rock a gal's life with that beautiful set.
Everyone is getting wonderful things here, isn't it great?

James Taylor was awsome last night, the BD party tonight at the bar was awsome, and even Elvis showed up.
Had a wonderful morning with my children and gs and even Joe showed up at Karin's and We surprized her with a cake and some bubbly ( she turned 43 yesterday) and it was good to have all my children and grandchildren with me this am. This is me and My new Grandaughter , Emma, and her Auntie Rose is holding her in second pic.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I don't imagine that Emma is spoiled too much. lol. How precious. You are blessed, Debra. And I know James Taylor was wonderful. Love his music!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

OH Emma is adorable! You're going to have soooo much fun with her.....all those hugs and kisses....what a beautiful way to spend your bday!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

AWE Debra, I love those pictures!

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I got my muglee box today . . . wow.
Now I read the directions and didn't go overboard. But Nancy, my gosh, this is more than my sis gave me for my birthday!
It will all go to good use though. And that's my favorite hot chocolate! I absolutely love the bee mug and the others too. The little jeans and seeds and such are darling. And I will enjoy the bath ball, I do occasionally crawl into a hot bath after a long day in the garden.
Thanks so much, it's been a trying week and this has brightened my spirits.

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Best coffee-related quote I've seen in a while:

"You haven't had enough coffee unless you can thread a sewing machine while it's running."

Winnetka, CA

Dee...

So glad you were happy with the contents! -:)

Debra... Emma is precious! Thanks for sharing the joy with us!

Funny coffee related - James Taylor story... for those of you who are JT fans... you all know "Sweet Baby James'... I always told my friends if they had trouble remembering my birthday... that they should sing the lyrics of that song....

".... now the first of December all covered with snow... and so was the turnpike from Stockridge to Boston... and the Berkshires seemed dreamline on account of that frosting...."

Well.. now you all know my bday is Dec 1st! -:) Anyway... to continue on that line... my daughter who was born and raised here in California just took a business trip through the east coast and she stopped at No. 6 depot and bought me a bag of Berkshire Sky coffee beans which are lovely by the way... -:) She knows I am a big James Taylor fan!

My James Taylor segue for the day!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, Dee - I have assured folks that it is a mug swap only, but if you want to throw in extras that's at the Swapper's best judgment.

Swapeeeeees just have to grin and bear it. I remember my first swap - Sooz can you remember which one it was ! OH I just did. It was a birdhouse swap and Sooz bowled me over with her generosity and kindness. Just how them girls play on DG. A wonderful bunch of people.

Thanks again for making this swap so special. AND - - - I got sidetracked today but another muglee package will be in the air tomorrow.

xox
A.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

p.s. Sooz - I will have to find some freeze dried bacon to ship with the pig next year. :)

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Just out of curiosity, what kind of coffeemakers do each of you have?

Just a regular drip maker.

Hi all of you, I am back from Bonnie's. She needed some love and caring time, so did I and now we are renewed with hope and zest for life, or so we would like to think.
We all get down for some reason or another, and it is friends here on DG and these generous swappers that make it worthwhile to be on here and be a part of this lovely community of caring friends.
She has one of those fancy kerigs and we had lovely coffee up there, and I use a 4 cup mr coffee at home cuz I am the only one who drinks it. Today I did what my sister would have done, if she had come here to find plants needing potting, and re-done up and things moved around and a porch swing to be put up.
We got her done.
I even found some Gevalia coffee on sale and grabbed it on the way up there on one of my stops, for my muglee partner.

I miss my sister. But I have all of you sisters to remind me that I must go forward.. especially since there is a new baby in the family, my sister would call it " the circle of life" .

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

A stainless steel drip type. We have recently learned how to use a thermal pot with it. No more bitter coffee! This thing works great, you just get it warm before you use it to catch the coffee and then the machine shuts off when the coffee is made and the pot keeps it hot for hours.

Glad to hear you had a good visit with Bonnie. We sure do miss her.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Who is Bonnie?

Bonnie used to be on DG, AuntB! She has some lovely gardens!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh yes, I've heard of Aunt B. Thanks. :)

Julie has the interest thread open for a fairy/miniature garden swap open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1366066/

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Can we say SCORED!?!?

Ok, so as you can guess, I got my box from the mailbox today! In it were so many goodies! I am covered on coffee for some time - there were 2 packages of coffee . . . and a scoop! 6 Starbucks Refreshers (sounds good!), a package of yummy Kashi cookies, organic hazelnut spread (will have to hide that from kids (hubby is included in that!)), Cashew Butter . . . love almond butter, so am anxious to try cashew! There was also a cute little tea bag holder - made out of sandstone, I think.

Saving the best for last, is the mug and saucer/spoon holder . . . handmade just for me! Yay! Also, my muglee knitted a cute sweater for my mug, so it won't get cold! Ok, maybe my hands won't get burned if I pick it up from the sides . . .

I love everything, Fruity!

Thumbnail by Syrumani
Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Just a 12 cup coffee maker like a Mr. coffee.

Nichole, that is awesome! Nice going fruity!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I agree. :-)

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

See that metal pot up over my cupboards? That's where I hid my cookies and spreads . . . tee hee!!!

Thumbnail by Syrumani

Nice hiding place!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Yeah! I'm so glad you're pleased with everything, Nicole. The guy who made your mug and spoon rest I thought is talented but boy does he have a long way to go in the communications department. I don't know how many times I asked him if he would please make the spoon rest so that the mug would fit on it in case you wanted to give it double time as a saucer, or perhaps use as a plate to hold your cookies! Didn't know about the fit until the day the set arrived.

The mug cozy I hand knitted for you and robbed a couple of old buttons out of my Mother's button box. I played in that cookie tin of buttons as a child. Lots of great memories, including the time I stuffed my nose with a few...lol The thingy is a coaster insert for your car, pretty sure the lady said it's ceramic but you could certainly use it for a spent teabag. Really did like the "coffee bag" measuring spoon. All you guys enjoy! Let me know especially how you like the locally roasted coffee.

Drip maker here, actually have a couple of them, then there's a Faberware perk pot, and a Keurig machine. We are way stocked up on K-pods so whomever is sending to me please do not go to that extra expense. I also have a grinder if my buddy wants to go the beans route. No decaf please. I need high test to get going in the mornings.

Debra, I am remiss congratulating you and your family on such a precious Grandbaby. Spoil her rotten, as if you need to be told to do that!

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Nicole what a great box! Fruity had me last year and I almost fell over when I got my box.. she sure knows how to spoil a person.. She got me hooked on nutella, I had never had it till she sent me some.

I have a drip coffee with a hot water dispenser, Keurig, a percolator, Italian press, and a 1 Cup Stainless Mini Expresso and what ever my husband has lurking around...lol

Thumbnail by Jokenna Thumbnail by Jokenna
Winnetka, CA

Syrumani, I think you certainly can say 'scored'!! -:)
Well done fruity!!

I myself have a Mr. Coffee old school drip type...I usually grind my beans and in they go... I looked at so many wonderful coffee makers when I was replacing mine... and after I was thoroughly overwhelmed... I purchased the most 'basic' coffee maker I could find! -:) Too many choices for me...

Thumbnail by NF2932

Wonderful mug and goodies there, Fruity knows how to spoil a gal. Nancy, I am with you, the most basic is all I need .. *sigh* I'm too confused at techy stuffs.

Someone here(Crystal) got me some nutella, and I ate it all at work, on anything I could find to put it on, and half the time got caught by one of the guys walking by,eating it outta the jar with a plastic spoon.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Wow -- love the pass the piggy mug...what a cool idea...and I think that the muglee who gets it gets to keep it for the year and even if they don't play again the next year they must send it back to Amanda. :) What a fun tradition!!!

Great boxes everyone....the "made just for you" mug is amazing! Love the shape and size and color!

We have a keurig ( sp) and love it.....

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Everyone is getting such nice things! My Muglee partners box will be going out this week, possibly tomorrow. I had to wait on something I ordered. :) But it finally came! So I can send it on out as soon as I find a box.

My muglee partner will receive...oh, Monday or so. I'm dropping at the post office tonight. I've had appointments every day this week - I'm pooped!

I have a Cuisinart k-cup machine (uses the keurig cups or I can make my own with coffee grounds) and a cappucino/espresso maker that DH makes for me (I have no idea how to use it and he so sweetly makes me some if I ask nicely!)

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I mailed mine out a week ago today and the tracking hasn't even got it out of state yet! Honestly, you'd think with the increase in postage they could provide good service like they used to.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

I hear you on the mailing....I sent another DGer some plants.....it was suppose to arrive three days later....it arrived 2 weeks later....and all my plants were probably dead! And the post office said "well priority isn't guaranteed" REALLY - why are we paying extra for it????? So annoying!

Well, Ms. Kathy (warriorwisdom) sent me the most phenomenal of mugs with quotes. Helps that it's a bigger mug too!

"God grant me the Senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, The good fortune to run into the ones I do, And the eyesight to tell the difference."

Teehee! Thank you Kathy! That'll give me a giggle in the morning. :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Carey that IS a funny mug. Sounds like something that I would have in my collection. ;)

Guess what?! And none of you will be surprised.

The first thing I heard when I came out of my room this morning were birds chirping. Of course, that was not supposed to include a mockingbird trapped in the chimney/fireplace!

Okay so after catch and release (blah blah blah) I buzzed to the post office with three different things that should have gone out earlier in the week (blah blah blah). You ladies just know how I am with things. Well I get there in time, at least15 minutes before close, and I look at my muglee's box and her name and address are not on the package. Whaaaaa?!

My fancy smartphone does not know my DG password and neither do I apparently, so I had to bring muglee's box home with me. Ack. So package goes out on Monday. As per usual, and I predicted, last to send. Am I? :D

Hmmm. I have read all these wonderful posts and having so much fun with this swap. I am glad you guys love it as much as I do. I drank from the pig this week! Funny. :)

So I have schoolwork to do and I'm not. Go figure. Moving furniture around and vacuuming for a month already. I have 2 master's students lined up as roommates for August to take the place of that cur that used to live here. :P

Will keep you posted - and can't wait to see more goodies. I love the secret hiding place on top of the cupboards, but if there was chocolate in the house my mom knew there was absolutely no place to hide it without me finding it.

LOVE!
xo
A.

Teehee Manda! I did have a lovely cuppa this morning in my shiny new mug. :)

I have "schoolwork" to do as well - admissions essay for my second choice. I have no doubt I'll get in so the admissions essay is the least of my concerns. Since this school is a standard cost per semester (private college) I plan to cram as many credit hours in as I can and maybe finish in 18 months versus two years. We'll see!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

You can do it Carey! It would be great to save some $$ if you can! It took me decades to pay off the college loans from my degrees....thank goodness I found a job...so many of our friends did not! Good luck with the school work both of you!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.