CLOSED: 2014 Mug Swap Reveal/Show us your ugly Mug!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Welcome to the madness that is the 2014 Mug Swap Reveal!

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1360326/

Now in our fourth year (!!!), the DG Mug Swap offers a communal outlet to those who savor private moments alone with mug in hand. Wander through the garden every morning morning with a cup of Earl Grey? Sit up late at the kitchen table sipping decaf instant after everyone else has gone to bed? Pound the hard stuff all day long?

Share your mug obsessions here!

Super secret swap partners have been issued, and we are closed to new participants.

This is a mug swap only, but feel free to include any other mug-related paraphernalia that might suit your swap partner's muglee preferences.

Please let all packages ship on or before June 29 with delivery confirmation. Kindly send me and only me the DC number from your package so we can keep track of our uglee mugs.

Let me know if you have any questions, and let the games begin!!!

As always, thanks for playing. :)

xox
A.

RESERVED FOR THIS YEAR'S MUGLEES:
********************************************************************************

Amanda >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RECEIVED FROM JoKenna/Tina!
Domehomedee (Dee)
Wwk (Kathy)
Taters55 (Linda Kay)
Nanny23 (Annette)
NF2932 (Nancy)
Jokenna (Tina)
Careyanna (Carey)
Joeswife (Debra)
AliKat (Candi)
Syrumani (Nichole)
Cville_Gardener (Carole)
FruitoftheVine (S)

If you don't have your shipping information entered into the Address Exchange, please send it to me asap so I can forward it to your super secret swapper. :D

This message was edited Jun 8, 2014 12:10 PM

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Domehomedee started likes.... SO I will post a few as well.

I love hummingbirds, flowers, angels, the color purple, tweetybird, or any other cute whimsical mug!
I love hot chocolate, lemon teas, and flavored coffee's.
I have two dogs, a german shephard, and a black lab/pit mix.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

SOooooo excited - can't wait to get my partner's name....

Who's Candi/Alikat.....

Tea drinker....exercise class junkie....

I love sweets (hence the exercise part) - choc (any type is my favorite) - Amanda - totally awesome on the 20lbs lost! Size 12 to 8 is impressive! You go girl! Zumba is one of favorite classes and I love working with weights too!

I love bright colors and garden ornaments......froggys and turtles are my favorites!

I have three cats and a dog - Lucky, Chance and Stache....and Ethan the pup! They are rescues and I try to give back to shelters as much as I can!

I am obsessed with my gardens - I love love love them so much - they bring me joy to look at all the plant tags and think of the great people on DG who've traded with me over the years. My favorite flower - that's a tough one - I'd have to say sunflowers but I don't have luck growing them as the deer love them too! Maybe the answer is to plant hundreds and see if they get them all! Cosmos are cool too!

I love BIG mugs -- if you're going to drink....make it worth while! Big fat chuncky mugs! I have a peeps mug I love too....and it's a mini one...I drink choc milk from that one! Check out my peep mobile - made them for easter this year!

Tigger is my favorite disney character - I'm sorta like him....bouncy and tons of energy....I named my burnt orange mini cooper Tigger and the kids at school love to ask me how he's doing. June is crazy for me - as Principal I'm planning promotion, working on placing all students in new grade level sections, and working with the middle school on transition of our 6th graders.....but the mug swap is one of my favorites so I add it to the craziness!

Thumbnail by AliKat32

I got my name. Now to look for special items!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I love anything flowers, butterflys, birds etc. I am easy. I drink everything. LOL

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Did I send that message or did I send that message?

I thought I conveyed that FOTV asked to join the party at the last minute. Welcome!

So let the games begin! If they haven't already. Gotta run - thanks for everybody's encouragement and understanding of the madness. hahaha.

xo
A.

Fruity did? yay! I saw Carole asked on previous thread.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm too late to the party. Well, next year. That seems like a long time but time is passing much faster than it used to. lol.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Waving to all of you!

Yep, Manda talked me out of the swap dungeon so I'm coming up for air to join all you muglees! Missed everyone. All is well, I just took a long Winter's nap and never woke up...lol Seriously, I took a much needed break. Thanks to those who sent notes or called or sent snail mail or good vibes.

Hubs and I drink coffee mainly, strong for me, mild for him. I make the coffee so you get the idea. As far as cups or mugs, I like travel mugs or big mugs that would also be suitable for soups or stews. Or a big bowl of ice cream.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Waving back at you, Sooze. Good to see ya again!!

Glad to see you Fruity! Welcome back!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Fruity....it's good to hear from you! :)

;D Yay!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I tend towards the smaller coffee mugs . . . not the espresso shot size now, but normal small . . . if that makes sense. If the mug is too big, I tend to let it sit too long, and the coffee gets cold . . ^_^

As for hobbies, I like lots of things . . . quilting, gardening, reading. I'm starting to run, and have signed up for a zombie run at the end of August, so am currently researching how to survive the zombies . . .

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Syrumani - wow - zombie run - never heard of it but it sounds fun! I'm going to look in my area for one! Some of the teachers and myself were zombies in our most recent talent show hiphop dance!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Here is a link for the one I signed up for. If anyone is in the area, you can go too! You don't have to run, you can register to be a zombie . . . and they'll do the makeup and everything! (less cost to be a zombie, too!). I'm looking forward to it!

Where is the link?

Winnetka, CA

Ali - Zombie hip-hop? That gave me a fun visual... I bet you guys had a great time!

Sorry to my partner... I posted a long list of likes on the old thread... I won't repost here... I was feeling wordy yesterday...LOL!

Welcome Fruity! Nice to see you here...

I really needed my morning cup 'o joe today...really didn't want to get up and going.. for some reason I woke up really tired...I've had coffee now and I'd best get back to work... have a great day muglee pals! Nancy

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

OK I am going to try for the 3rd time to post my likes. the 2 previous posts have disappeared into oblivion!?!? What is up with that???
I like coffee in the morning. Smooth, mellow, caffeinated with Half and half. Starbucks blonde roast decaf is good with dessert. I haven't tried a lot of flavored coffees to know whether I like them or not. DH is not a flavored coffee drinker so therefore neither am I. lol

I like tea, particularly Darjeeling and Earl grey. I drink Iced tea all day long.
But I also like flavored teas or herbal teas
I like a mug that will hold enough coffee to get me jump started in the morning and is big enough to wrap my hands around on cool mornings.My favorite Holds maybe 12 oz or so.
I like everything from hand thrown pottery to fine china and everything in between.
Hummingbirds, Butterflies, Monet watercolors,flowers, Strawberries, are some of my favorites. Maxine cracks me up! Mugs with whimsical sayings.
Really most anything goes! I am easy to please.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Our annual talent show fund raiser at school -- we raised over $4000 for the blind to support training seeing eye dogs...I'm in the front on the right...black dress and boots....I could totally be a zombie runner!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZdqO2u_mus&feature=youtu.be

Thats is pretty cute!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Looks like all good fun!

And a Zombie run right here near Greensboro? Crikey!

Good to see ya Sooz! And Cville, and everybody. So love to come together to do this swap. Thank you all for playing. :)

Ahh, let's see.

In case you hadn't heard I like coffee. Coffee in the morning. Coffee in the evening. Coffee in summertime. :D

In terms of mugz, I like the ones that everyone has ever sent! There's a size that's taller than a regular 8 oz mug, but not quite as tall as a travel mug. That fits into my one cup coffee maker. I guess that's the one I use now that I am living alone - it's so much more efficient and convenient. It has its own filter and I always know exactly how much coffee to use to make the best cup.

I like walking around the garden with my coffee when I have spare time. HA! But I tend to put it down and forget where I left it. Often, I find yesterday's last cup in the microwave.

That's funny - writing this just reminded me that my now ex boyfriend has removed one of my favorite mugz from the house. I just sent him an email and asked for it back. Thanks everybody! See how great this swap is?!

What do I like? You know I'm loud and goofy. I love my wildflowers and "powerline easement style" of gardening. Orange is my favorite color wayfollowed closely by green and purple - all together they make a lovely combination of complimentary colors. hee hee. I do like flavored coffee, my very favorite being one I found a couple of years ago called "Blueberry Cobbler" made by the New England Coffee Company. Um! When I moved to NC from Boston I bought myself a coffee "subscription" from the Green Mountain coffee co. because I couldn't find a decent cup of coffee here. Things have changed for the better here in the south.

I always like reading these posts from everyone no matter what trade we're participating in because I get to know you better. I hope everyone will feel comfortable sharing their mug stories and preferences and have a big time.

Guess I'm going to check in on the Night Owl thread - it's been so long.

Nighty nite, or Good morning, depending on how you look at it.

xo
A.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

OK, I think I'm in. :) I drink half-caff coffee and organic herbal teas. But I will like most anything my buddy sends. :) Here's an old link I updated with some faves ...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8354932

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

YAY! Fruity!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Seems Manda got several of us to knock down the cobwebs and dust ourselves off. :)

Alikat Talented group. It was fun to watch!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Well Sooz was in such desperate need of dusting I had to go out and get a Swiffer!!!

xo
A.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Amanda - I hate dusting but the swiffer makes it a bit more fun!

Cville - love organic tea myself.....not so much herbal stuff....just the straight black tea.....although I did get a package of a tazo tea once called "Joy" from a student....it was so delicious! Too expensive to make a habit of it!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

GOOD GRIEF!

I received the most fantastic mug yesterday from Jokenna/Tina!!

It's personalized and says at the bottom "Amanda's 2014 DG Muglees" (I love it!) and has each of our DG icon photos on it arranged in the most pleasing way!

How ever did you do this? thank you SOOO much! It's extraordinary. :)

xoxoxoxoxoxoooxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxooxoxoxxoooxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxo

A.

p.s. Looks like a hand-washing mug!
p.p.s. I already told her she made there rest of us look bad with her straight out of the box shipment! Andale!!!
p.p.p.s. It also came with a matching ball point pen - brilliant! I promise not to use it to poke holes in soil to plant rooted cuttings. :D

This message was edited Jun 8, 2014 9:28 AM

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq Thumbnail by AmandaEsq Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Wow! That is very cool. Nice job, Tina. :)

WOW! That is awesome!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Okay everyone - I've updated my first post to set forth the names of all our participants. If I've misspelled your name or omitted anyone (at this point!) please advise.

Otherwise - carry on!

And may the Mug be with you.

xo
A.

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Now that is a neat mug!! Too bad I already have one that will be shipped out this week. ;)

very nice!

That one is gonna be tough to follow! lol The rest of us are gonna have to work hard at it. Great idea, Jokenna!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

That is totally cool! Love what we can do with pics now! A new tradition is born!

Hmmmm...still hunting for my super secret partners mug....it's gotta be just perfect!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

All smiles here - still!

Thanks again Tina. I will wash it by hand and hope it lasts forever. Super special. :)

I did the unthinkable and drank coffee at 11 p.m. I wonder when I will go to sleep tonight. HA!

xox
A.

rouxcrew has the OLD, NEW, BORROWED AND BLUE SWAP SIGN UP come and check it out.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1364259/

Winnetka, CA

Wow Amanda... what a wonderful first mug for the swap! Very creative... that smile will last for quite a while... good job Tina!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

nothing like a cup of joe to keep you warm and snuggly but also up all night....hope you got to sleep...eventually!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.