It is June let's see the daylilies and everything else !

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

The sad thing is Dee and them act richy rich!!! Greg got fired over a year ago and had surgery after Mary moved up there. We are gonna get Mary set back up down here for her social security and food stamps. That should stop Dee from being able to use that card after this month. We'll check and make sure!!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

OMG Cindy that sounds so scary!!! Tell Jimbo he HAS to take better care of himself? Check on that stuff that Cayla & Amanda are taking while at the Dr. tomorrow. Sandra said that Amanda's Dr. said it was OK for her but best to check. I think it was called Ominution.

Ripley, MS

I doubt Jimbo could stay on that strick a diet, he could drop fast if he did, but it is very, very strick! The losing phases are, it is better on the phase they maintain, it is a little better, but they still stay away from carbs, with the exception of some fruits !

I am praying he will at least go to the doc tomorrow and let the doc deal with him, I understand the hard head man !!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Cindy will find you a mop head and save it.

Marilyn - Genna peonies are very temperamental when it come to moving and dividing. Kathy Ann gave me one and it never missed a beat but it was because she had it in very soft soil and there wasn't anything else around it. So we were able to lift the entire root ball without disturbing any of the roots and then I brought it home in a big plastic bag and put the whole thing in my bed. My bed had very similar soil. I had one in my back yard I had to move some time back. We expanded the back of the house into the spot it was it. It's still living but it has never been the same since and that was a long time ago. It will bloom but not a lot of blooms. Google and see what it says about dividing. Kathy Ann didn't divide the one she gave me - she just gave me the whole plant.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Cindy, I am so sorry to hear about Jimbo's heart issues.

Like the rest of you, it is just beyond my ability to understand how somebody can treat a person the way Mary has been treated. I am aghast at the very thought of it! Fortunately, she has YOU, Jeri, and I know you will do everything you can for her.
Prayers for both Mary and Jimbo.

I have a whole "gob" of peonies that have been in that bed for years because they were here when Al bought the place 17 years ago. They are in a bed all by themselves, too. I don't think I will have a bit of trouble digging up one or more without disturbing the root ball but I will certainly do some research on it and will also wait till fall.

Everyone's lilies and other blooms are gorgeous!.

Cindy, that calla lily is spectacular. I have some that were here when I married Al but they are a solid color--either pink or white--nothing like the one in your photo. LaddyBoy is very pretty, too. It's hard to tell from the photo whether it is pink or peach but at any rate, it is lovely!

I just bought two hydrangeas from a guy on ebay that Kathy Ann recommended. I actually bought several plants in addition to the hydrangeas and they all arrived in good shape. We have had quite a bit of rain up here, too, the last few days so the hydrangeas should certainly be happy.

Ripley, MS

Hold your horses

Thumbnail by slcdms
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Love that Hold your Horses!

Cindy.... that is so scary! I grew up with my Dad suffering from heart problems after having several successive heart attacks. I don't know why men have to be so hard headed...... I pray the doctor will check him out thoroughly tomorrow and that hopefully stints will do the trick. One of Leigh's co-workers was at work last Monday and he and Leigh worked together on some projects. Then he got home and had a massive heart attack about midnight and open heart surgery about 5 the next morning. They only had to do one by pass, so he is doing great. Please keep us posted Cindy...... What time is his appointment ?? Does he see a doctor in Monroe or somewhere else?

Marilyn, I read about dividing peonies today. I believe the website was Hollingsworth peonies... they had a lot of good information on there.

Ripley, MS

Everyone that sees that one loves it, it is tall and really eye catching. The picture was made late this afternoon after rain all morning !
This is a new one for me this year and it is the FFO
Northern Nocturn

Thumbnail by slcdms
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

A few day lilies that were blooming yesterday. The other plant is one I got at Natchez a couple of years ago. I was at a MG conference and we went on a garden tour. Several of the gardens had these and they looked so pretty. They almost considered them a weed as everyone had them and they grew so prolific. Someone gave me plant and I managed to keep it alive.Don't know the name of it.

Thumbnail by cperdue Thumbnail by cperdue Thumbnail by cperdue Thumbnail by cperdue
Ripley, MS

Have you posted the unknown on the ID thread here on Dave's? It will probably take about 60 seconds for someone to tell you what it is.

Looking to see if Cindy has been on, I am thinking Jimbo's appt was pretty early

Ripley, MS

Well, looks like I messed up first thing, that red daylily at the top of the thread is not Web of Intrigue, I will try to hunt down its real name when I have a few minutes, the real web of intrigue is blooming today--a totally different bed, I have no idea how that tag went all the way across the yard to a different bed !

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

My cats do terrible things to any order of my tags!!! LOL!!! I gave up on that a long time ago and my memory is getting worst too!!!

Ripley, MS

I think it is Artistic web, I haven't been back to look at the tag again, but I probably got it mixed up from the bed to the house, may memory is really getting bad too Jeri

http://www.daylilies.org/DaylilyDB/detail.php?id=141583&name=Artistic%20Web

Ripley, MS

This is Angel Mountain, iris ensata, the rain knocked it down, so I picked it up and held it between my thumb and first finger for this picture, it is as big as my hand !

Thumbnail by slcdms
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful blooms Sandra and Charlotte.........

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I have lost some of the tags in my front bed. I'm not sure what happened. I may have pulled some up with the creeping jenny I am forever pulling up! Also the day lilies have grown up around a lot of my tags and you have to get down and really dig around to find them.

Ripley, MS

It. Is really hard keeping names on daylilies, I have given up on a lot and just say they are NOID
I think I probably won't be getting any new ones after this year, unless I take out an old variety.
I actually gave Tommy 3 varieties and didn't keep a sprig of them for myself, that is a first--LOL
I still haven't gotten the north end of my roadside bed cleaned out and now all of them have grass and weed shooting up from all the rain. The roadside bed is not mulched as much as the others so my zinnia volunteers can grow and it is a job to keep clean. I will enjoy the zinnias when everything else has bit the dust at the end of summer.
Just looking out the window looks like lots open today, maybe pictures tonight !

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I noticed I had buds on some of my zinnias yesterday! I was so excited.... this is my first year to try them and I planted them from seeds.... was happy to see buds!

1. Apache Beacon
2. Nordic Night
3. Not sure..........it isn't labeled with a big tag and I am going to have to do some digging to see if the name is there
4. Zinfandel

Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026
Ripley, MS

Etched Eyes--1
Antique Fringe--3
Minted Halo--2
Northern Nocturne--4

All but Etched Eyes are new to me this year

Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Hail King Author--2
Wedding Feast--3
Destined to see--1
Volusian Spider--4

Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Beautiful daylilies, ladies! I finally have a daylily in bloom, too, LOL but it is just the common orange variety. The strange thing is that the scape is almost 4 feet tall. Is that common?

Ripley, MS

yes, for a ditch lily

the bloom on wedding feast is 7" an the scape is 36"

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Wedding feast is a beautiful day lily Sandra!!! I used to have a bunch of ditch lilies before I put in my day lily bed. I had a lot of the double ones. They all have really tall scapes. I really liked the double ones but don't think I have any left.

Ripley, MS

Charlotte, I don't think I have ever seen a bloom this big on a full form daylily, only on spiders, the gold braid on the edge is great too, and that is the FFO, can't wait to see it later on !

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

The day lilies seem to be doing really well this year. Hopefully the rain has stopped for a while and we will have some sunshine and then they will really go crazy.

I talked to Jake for a long time today. He is really having a great time in Hungary. He is living just like someone in Hungary would. He doesn't like the food. He said all they eat is stew and goulash and sometimes he said they have stew and goulash at the same time! The teacher he reports to realized he was not accustomed to eating like that and started just giving him money for him to go to the grocery store and shop with. He takes his lunch to school and cooks for himself in his apartment unless he goes out to eat. He said what he buys costs about 1/2 what he would pay for the same thing in CA. He was cooking pasta tonight. He said they eat very little meat (just a little chicken mainly). Beef is extremely expensive and they just don't eat it. He asked his roommate if he had ever grilled a steak. He never had - never eaten a steak! His roommate is gone a lot of the time so he is there alone a lot of the time. He said his roommate had been gone for about a week and a half. He is going to school this summer but Jake said they seem to have a strange schedule. He said they will be really busy at school and then they don't seem to have anything they are doing. Basic college is free to Hungarians. Jake said there are a couple of specialized degrees they have to pay for but that's all. He had Mon off work this week so he went to Vienna for three days. He's planning to go to Budapest this weekend and spend Sat. night. Kristi is his travel agent!! LOL She does all his booking and reservations for him. The free Viper iphone app is amazing. I talked to him for about an hour today totally for free.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

That sounds so exciting!!! All but the no beef!!! These phone apps are amazing aren't they.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Wow, that is amazing about the Viper iphone app! It is great that you can talk for free! I think it is wonderful that Jake has this opportunity to experience living in Europe and taking in all the sights!.

Sandra, we will be looking forward to a photo of the next bloom of Wedding Feast!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Hello all! I tried to reply last night but got a message telling me the DG server was not available....

Sandra, did you happen to get that Wedding Feast from me at Kenny's? I loved my clump, and I brought several fans to Kenny's to share - but now I have lost the rest of my plant. I know Trish got one and she was supposed to bring me another start of it, but then she wasn't able to come to KA's last summer in the storm. When yours gets large enough, I would love to have a fan of it again. Have you seen Lunar Max? It is one of my favorites.... I love the bloom - it is huge and yellow....two of my favorite things! LOL That Volusian Spider looks nice too!

Charlotte, it sounds like he is having a great time! It is such a blessing that he is able to see so many other things while he is there! The kids had hoped to get to go to Italy and visit with Clara and her family at the end of their trip, but Clara wasn't going to be finished with her semester at Dental school in Spain until June something so it wouldn't work out. Maybe the next time they can go visit Italy as well. The kids heard about that Viper app when they were over there on their trip - I guess someone had it on their phone....not sure. Nice to know it works. They didn't download it because we had texting - and since they were only gone 10 days that worked fine. Clara would have loved something like that when she was here! She skyped with her parents every Sunday afternoon for several hours.

Elaine, my Bama Belle is blooming! Very lovely!! Here are a few from yesterday that it would not allow me to load last night.

1. Bama Belle
2. Chicago Cherry
3. Cochineal Canvas
4. Forever Island
5. Genevieve Barry

Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

1. hamlet
2. Lunar Max
3. Midnight Raider
4. Wondering Wings
5. Space Coast ? .... I have gone blank and can't remember the name. Maybe Hot Topic?

Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Jeff knew about Viper. He was in Brazil for a month last year and that's what he used to talk to Kristi. You can also text with Viper (unlimited). Jake also has regular texting for his phone so that if he is out somewhere he still has the ability to text them. Jeff also got him a small European data plan for his iphone so that if he is out sightseeing and needs to access a map to see where he is he can. Italy is the one country that doesn't have any interest to Jake. I would think it would be a beautiful country. He is more interested in the northern European countries. Vienna has been the highlight of his trip so far. He loved Vienna. He got to see the famous painting called "the Kiss". Didn't mean anything to me but to him it was a big big deal! He also took a tour of some of the palaces. He said Europeans really don't like Americans. He said they don't particularly like the English but tolerate them much better so he tries to dress the way the English kids do when he is out.

I'm headed to CA later this morning for Justin and Clint's graduation tomorrow. I want be gone long. I get back to Little Rock late Mon. The boys are all on the go now. Justin and Clint leave Sun morning for their last church camping trip. The camp they go to is in Napa Valley. They've been going every year since they were probably about 9. Not sure what they are going to do the rest of the summer but they have been told they have to have jobs this summer. If they don't get a job, they will have to do some type community service. Jake worked at Habitat for Humanity the first summer out of high school. I think the rule at their house is when you turn 18 you have to start doing something productive and start earning some money to put in the bank.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

That's a pretty good rule I would say...... my kids have been working since they were 16. Just the way it had to be. I know lots of kids their age that still have never had a job. :( Kinda scary....not sure how they think they will have any job skills because there is a lot of real life stuff you do not learn in college. My kids have worked concession stands etc long before they got old enough to have a job and they all knew how to count money and make change. I was determined they would learn that - so many kids do not know how!

Just like I have tried hard to teach mine to read a map, etc - not to strictly depend on gps because often the gps makes mistakes and you need to know how to read a map to get where you are going. I work with people who can not read a map - or at least say they can't..... not sure how they functioned in life because gps hasn't been widely available that many years. I guess they just never go anywhere!! :(

Hope you enjoy your quick trip to California! hopefully the weather will be nice while you are there.

Ripley, MS

Genna, I bought mine last year from either Roth Daylilies or Blue Ridge Gardens, I can't remember which. I will share when it gets bigger, if it multiplies like it bloom that will be great, it is really one of those that a picture can't do justice !

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Justin and Clint have been working as a Lacrosse referee for several years. But that's only during Lacrosse season and they probably want be able to do it in college. It's spoiled them for pay however. They get paid 50.00 a game. There have been times they have picked up 300.00 in one weekend. So an 8.00 an hour part time job is a real let down! They have all been pet sitters, house sitters, etc for a long time.

This message was edited Jun 12, 2014 9:58 AM

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Congrats to the boys Charlotte!!! I hope you enjoy your trip which I know you will and be safe friend!!!

Everyone's pictures are gorgeous!!! I don't care for day lilies…I don't care for day lilies…I don't care for day lilies!!! LOL!!! Yall are making that statement really hard. I do like the puckered edged ones though.

I'm so excited that I may just burst!!! I went up to the government apartments just up the road and inquired for Mary and with her income of $721 a month her rent will be $122.00 a month for a 2 bedroom townhouse. She'll have to pay her own electric but I know she can do this. The one stipulation is she'll have to get a Dr. to sign saying that she occasionally will need a caregiver, (to justify the 2 bedroom) right now I don't think she does but with Chemo you just never know what is next. Thank God this is an answer to my prayers.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Praise the Lord, Jeri!! That is awesome news!! I am so happy that you found something close by and that is affordable!! I am sure that Mary will be thrilled as well! Surely the electric won't be too bad on a small apartment! So happy for you both!!

How is she feeling after that first chemo round and that whirlwind trip??

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Wonderful news Jeri!!!!

I'm at the airport waiting for my flight. Fastest I've ever gone through security! No one in line!! Then they sent me through some special line where I didn't 't have to take my shoes off or take my liquids or anything out of my bag.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Yes!!! I had no idea but if it was based off of income and you have little or no income I thought it would be low but I know she can do this. She may have to be extra careful on conserving the electric the 1st month to see how it runs but unless there is no insulation she should be able to swing it.

She is badly bruised up where they put the port in Monday a week ago but the chemo hasn't had the adverse reaction she had with the Taxiol(sp). She is hurting all over and still battling severe spells of nausea. She has lost over 20 lbs, I think that looks good on her but she looks exhausted. Since she got here she has spent the last 2 days at the social security office and medicaid. We just had lunch and now she is headed to her insurance company to switch her car insurance coverage back to La. I think that just leaves food stamps to be transferred.

Ripley, MS

When I divorced my first husband I moved into a 2 bedroom apartment, this was 1980-my rent was 225 i think, the neighbor that lived in my section didn't work, i worked 2 jobs and had Amanda, she had 2 little girls and she qualified for low income. Her rent was 1.00 she stayed at the pool all day and had a great summer there! I never qualified for anything. I am just glad that Mary is back home, tell her I missed her so much while she took her 'vacation'
Tell me again how you don't care for daylilies after seeing this FFO on Forbidden Fantasy !

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Bet you don't like these either !!!

Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

I am not making pictures of all of them this year as I did all of them last year, but I am taking a few shots every day. I am going to try to get all the new ones anyway if they all bloom

Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.