CLOSED: JUNES QUEEN : POISONDARTFROG

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

sorry you been sick Kris no fun thought i had a head cold but took a sinus tab this morning i feel much better now .
hope our gueen is haven a great weekend my babies are coming in for their treats so BBL

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

please don't send my boxes so they get here the first. going on vacation and won't be home until the second. thank you

OK Kittyjo Please send me a dmail as to when you are going on vacation So when I send out your mailing addy I can put it in private dmail then if your house is robbed it won't be one of us :))) or maybe it might :) HEHE Not funny is it .
Bad susie . ;

Well Zoey Had her 1st scrapped Knees from her 1st bike ride with out me haven my camera ready :))) HEHE
Again Not Funny But I Told her not to ride the bike down the hill for she dose not know how to use the breaks when she needs them I was to busy laughing yet telling her to use the break & When she was going to fast put on the breaks & The bike through her like a bucking horse :) so she won't listen to auntie sue any more can ya hear me laughing I'm in tears it was so funny best part she landed in the grass so it was just her pride that was hurt . forgive me but i've not had a good laugh in along while , gotta go wipe the tears :) .BBL

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Poor little Zoey, lol. She learned a little more about riding a bike and gave her Auntie a good laugh at the same time.
So much sickness; winter sick is bad enough, but summer sick is such a waste of good summertime fun. I hope everyone feels better soon.

I am still the Queen!
Crystal sent a very fun box of goodies. A beautifully painted watering can is probably my favorite item. Roses, violets, wisteria, all kinds of beautiful flowers and garden items are painted on it. So pretty.
She also sent an Episcia. It looks a little droopy now but it will perk up quickly and will be a great plant. I don't have one, so that makes it extra special. Two gardening magazines are going with me next week when I go to be with my daughter for her surgery to occupy me while I'm waiting around. A pretty kitchen towel with a fun leaf motif will join my collection and a clear folding vase with silicon beads in my favorite colors looks like fun, and the coconut M&M's are already in the freezer, which is how I like 'em. She calls them happy pills for gardeners and prescribes them as a remedy for all manner of frustration.
Thank you Crystal for the great gifts!

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog

Did someone say Miss Kitty is going out of town?? I might just have to go guard her house uh gardens. Uh Well, I might have to bring it all home with me for safe keeping ya know????

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

COCONUT M&Ms??!!?!!??! Why didn't anybody tell me? A good gardening pull might have let m sleep last night, lol.

You go Elfie, go be a good neighbor. :~)

Queeny, have had all your royal belongings together for awhile, just havin trouble with a shipping box. How dumb is that? I will construct a box tomorrow.

Good night all. Happy summer solstice. Now the fun begins!

Gm all , So sorry for yesterday being so silly i love zoey much & She knows that if i Laugh at her when she dose not listen to me & she get a scratch or 2 she laughs also & Dose not carry out the sobbing to her mom & Grammy. she usually gets up & try again at what we are doing I don't want her to turn into a lazy wimpy person at her mom & grammy I want her to have pride in herself & know she can do things , she's ready to ride this morning . I bought her the bike 2 yrs ago & they are just now letting her ride it .

Ok This is the week to PLEASE try to get your Boxes out to our Queeny
this month has went by so fast :)

well off to one more forum then outside .

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

The Episcia needs repotting. Also roots easily. Loves the heat and will bloom more in bright light (not sun). Hope you enjoy all.. Happy reigning. And how about sending your loyal subjects some rain?

Well I ended up ordering a special gift from E-bay. It should be shipped this week. Please let me know if it does not arrive. I hope they put a note in like I asked.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Alana,
I love your Episcia. M&M look you yummy too.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Alana I think your yummy too

You guys are always making me laugh.
One more week and Kathy will ascend to the throne. My coach will turn into a pumpkin and my handsome gardener and his bronzed shirtless assistants will turn into japanese beetles, but I will still have my lovely presents to remind me of my month as royalty.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Your Majesty: another humble gift is on the wing.
~ your Turtle

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

lol beetles...off with their heads!

I've been out picking off Japanese Beetles already this morning. There were not so many, so a thumbnail through the back took care of them. I'll keep that thumbnail sharp for next week.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

lol get em all! If you run outta assistants cmon over. My bachlorette neighbor is always hiring eyecandy to do stuff at her house, we could cheer them on in lawn chairs :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, badcat, I want eyecandy! LOL Been single way too long! Haha

Alana, you are being treated royally! I am so excited to see what you are receiving! Fun! Fun!

Gm all sorry for my tardiness,please don't take my head you will not get much for it :) running in many directions this morning , my big brother is Supose to be in haven Open heart sugery this morning it has been post poned 3 times already for one reason to another , have not heard from my niece there with him if its on or off so I hope it is getting done & that he will come through with flying colors ,Sure wish i was there with him .
but i cannot be so i have to go do something zoey will be here soon ,so you all have a great day . BBL

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Julie has the interest tread open for a fairy/miniature garden swap open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1366066/

ok i have Jo's likes up
JULY--- JORDANKITTYJO
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1366132/

also posted on the sign up thread .

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Keeping your brother in my thoughts today Susie. OHS does some amazing good.

HE MADE IT THROUGH THE SURGERY Now is in recovery yet ,he had 4 arteries worked on or cleaned what ever they do, but penny said he is fine .
& may sleep most rest of the day .
Just happy that he is ok & They could fix him up :)

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Susie , Keeping your brother in thought in prayers.
Patti

Glad to hear your Brother is doing well. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Im SO glad! If he needs it, tell him at six weeks any major pain lets up like sun breaking through. In case he's the grouchy kind. Will still be keeping him in my thoughts.

This message was edited Jun 24, 2014 3:45 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sending prayers for you brother along with those before me!

he cuss if hurt but he's not a grouch :)))) I just pitty the nurses if there are any single ones :) they will be putty he is such kidder when he is feeling well .:) not sure he will feel up to flirting this time in :)

well I'm off to bed soon going to be a long busy day tomorrow GN all

The Queen will be visiting in the reaches of her kingdom today and won't be home until tomorrow afternoon. My hand servants will take care of any royal packages that might arrive until I can pick them up tomorrow. Carry on.

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

As you wish, Your Majesty! We are but humble servants.

Ocean Springs, MS

Good to know your brother is doing better. Will continue to pray for him. ♥

Does anyone collect thimbles? Just wondering! I just started a spoon collection for Elani since I travel whenever I can! LOL

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I collect spoons that I get at thrift stores. Have a whole jar full that I keep by the coffee pot and use to stir my coffee. I do have one that I got at Stone Henge, but sometimes I worry about what it might be made of as it is so shiny.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lovely things to collect

I was overwhelmed when I picked up my packages a little while ago. All 3 of them were great. The neighbor the mailman leaves my packages with is amazed by the variety and majesty of my gifts. I guess she does not know many royals.

In order that I opened them, here are my incredible packages:

From Elfie, some beautiful Queenly AND Froggly trinket boxes. There was no note inside, Elfie, but I'm sure they are from you. They are really special for this particular swap and because they represent frogs too. They are lovely and thoughtful and I will treasure them!

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog Thumbnail by poisondartfrog

Oh my, those are lovely!

Then, from Patti, two wonderful books. Patti, you are psychic! These books are so much like what I would choose for myself that I am surprised I don't have them already. I don't though, and am delighted to have them. I'm going to enjoy them a lot.
Not pictured are a monkey book mark and some orchid thank you notes that I left in the box when I took the photos.

And from turtles, a plethora of lovely gifts.
I like the little pin that says "grow your own", the little ewer in shades of blue, the great lip balm (tried it immediately, and the Penstemon seeds. The braided jute rug is lovely and would work perfectly in 2 rooms so I am going to ponder where I want it. The garden gloves are great too. I usually pull my gloves off when I am really working in the garden, but these are so light that I think I will be able to keep them on. All of those are great gifts, but the Radius trowel and garden scoop are going to be fantastic! My hands are an arthritic mess and I think these are going to make troweling and working with potting materials much less painful. Thanks!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

So glad you like! I spied the scoop quite awhile ago and thought of you, but then thought it might just be a gimmick. So I bought one to try out and LOvE it! Bonus, it hangs on the edge of yer bucket. Enjoy your royal treasury; you have quite the array!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I am so glad you like your books. It was a lot of fun searching for them. Enjoy.

WOW! You really got some nice gifts Pegi!

I did send the Froggies!!! I asked her not to put an invoice in the box,, uhh guess I forgot to ask her to tell you they were from you Elfie buddy!!

I love all the gifts you are getting. It is so nice to get surpize pressies!! And interesting to see the various ideas we all come up with too!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.