CLOSED: JUNES QUEEN : POISONDARTFROG

Victoria Harbour, ON

When/Where is the World's Largest Yard Sale??? hmmm

I'll be in many of the Southern States last week July, first week of August, if it's later in the month who knows, might have to make another roadtrip lol

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I Googled largest yard sale, and it shows this one in New York, Sept. 21st.
http://www.the-fairgrounds.com/event/sept-21-worlds-largest-yard-sale/

Victoria Harbour, ON

I googled as well and found it

Starts the Thursday I get home, however, does say a few towns in Tennessee start weekend before so I've already put it on my travel plans

The World’s Longest Yard Sale

The 127 Yard Sale is commonly referred to as “The World's Longest Yard Sale”. That’s because it really is the longest yard sale in the world. To be exact, it’s 690 miles long and the route travels through 6 states; Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama. The majority of the route follows Highway 127 from Addison, MI in the north to Chattanooga, TN in the south. From Lookout Mountain, GA to Gadsden, AL the route switches to Lookout Mountain Parkway. Both are scenic drives allowing you to appreciate the beautiful countryside of these states all while enjoying the fun and excitement of The World’s Longest Yard Sale.

http://www.127yardsale.com/

It starts in MI. And ends in Gadsden, Al. I hope to go to the lower part of it this year. I have wanted to go for years.

Here is a map of the states it goes through.

Thumbnail by
Victoria Harbour, ON

My only hope is to attend the two cities in Tenn that start the week before..

That is a long drive for a yard ale. I bet a lot of people take vacation to do this?

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

It's good to be Queen! I got lovely gifts from Deejay today, fit for royalty. She matched the colors I use perfectly, too. And, I am so excited about the plants she sent! Woo-hoo!
First, she sent a beach towel. Look how it matches the table cloth on the picnic table-it's perfect. A little frog pot climber got popped onto a container on that table.
She sent a beautiful division of one of her SDB Iris that I love, Ballistic. I admired this one in her garden and can't wait to see it bloom in mine. She also sent Campsis grandiflora, which I have wanted for years, and a lovely Sophora affinis, or Eve's Necklace. What a great little tree!
To top it all off, she sent a frozen Margarita that I will enjoy while I plant these wonderful plants tomorrow evening.
Susie, I am thrilled with everything you sent!
Did I say "It's good to be Queen" already?

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog

WOW! What nice gifts Susie sent you! Love those bright colors! Enjoy your drink!

Such a cool gift box!!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Wowee Your Majesty!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wow, love the towel, colors are spectacular..will be fun for you watching the growth of your plants.of course being queen you have gardeners to plant such beauties

Of course, Betty. I've got my head gardener deciding where to plant them right now. He will get one of his helpers to do the work and all I will have to do is sit on my beach towel sipping my Margarita.

Victoria Harbour, ON

That sounds like a great plan your Highness!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

beautiful gifts. The margarita was a nice touch!!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

GM Queen 7:30 am , coffee on Bed made floors swept , Mopped , Bathroom cleaned , chickens out the door, oop that was after the bed made :) , fresh cut flowers , now for my 1 st cup of coffee :)

Today I get a visit from Badcat for garden Play :)))) Little cool
this morning so its nice to get things done .

so not going to stay on here I have plants to get dug up for the swap .
glad you like the towel I love towels & when its My thrown
I'd Love some new towels :) of all types :)))) .
well i better get off here Promise to BBL & Tell ya all about My Visit with BC :))))
Have a great day

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Have a great visit with Badcat, she is a feisty one! I am sure you will both have a blast!

Make sure you have good batteries in your camera!

OOPs No Picks but should have will make sure to get them tomorrow at the swap :)))
right now resting she tired me out with all the digging :) My gardens are going home with her :)
I Need to go into town for a few things I Need for tomorrow so will be BBL

Last night I posted the great box I got from jordankittyjo, complete with pictures. It's not here! I'm going to try to find it-maybe I posted it somewhere else.
Have mercy. If I don't find it, I will start over. Sorry Kathy, for my mistake. It was a wonderful box.
Queen Alana

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Queen Alana, glad you liked it.

Can't find it.
My box from Kathy was also about color! The color is UK blue. Everything was wrapped in blue paper and there was a blue mug and blue kitchen towels and pot holders in the same blue. These are great! I have UK tablecloths and wine glasses and I will use these new blue kitchen items for the next UK gathering. Perfect!
She also sent a much needed new set of pruners, Fiskars, no less. A queen would use nothing else.
My royalness was treated to some Earl Grey, my personal favorite and the tea of monarchs everywhere. The Milano cookies are almost gone, already, lol, the luscious Pecan Turtle biscotti will not be far behind.
The very pretty Disney wind dangler will delight my grandchildren. I like to tuck little treasures like that in here and there for them to discover, and I can't wait until they see this one.
I am rarely home when the mailman comes and he leaves my packages at a neighbors, so I was not able to see if he was suitably impressed when he saw a package addressed to Queen Alana.
I loved that, and my neighbor did too, lol.
Thank you Kathy! It was a wonderful box and I loved it!
Queen Alana

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Wow! nice! Congratulation Queen Alana!

Those are awesome gifts for the Queen! Love that blue!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I am so very glad you liked everything.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lovely box, bet you are feeling like a Queen

Gm Looking good queeny& Just think of all the other to come :) slept in this morning felt so good its a nice rainy morning .
feeling so much better . today is going to be a lazy day for me also so I'm going to feel like a Queen ,except I have to do my own cooking :) Zoey can only fix toast or pop tarts :)

ya all have a great day .

rouxcrew has the OLD, NEW, BORROWED AND BLUE SWAP SIGN UP come and check it out.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1364259/

Hey QUEEN GIRLS Hope ev1Had a relaxing weekend Mine was not relaxing but so much fun Saturday with BADCAT /Amanda :))
She was so bad I had to Put her to work :)))
Here she is Holding up something she got in the Gift exchange
Then where I Sat her to work in the HOT Sun signing ev1 in :))
& Working on her farmers TAN :)))& the Last one is of her Holding a Metal Flower Made by one of our LOCAL FREEPORT Resident who enters his artworks in the big artprize of Mich. I will show you more of his work it is great :)

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Here is some of lane's work

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Victoria Harbour, ON

Lovely, thanks for sharing

Looks like everyone had a great time!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Love the flamingo bird

I like the grasshopper. I think it's a grasshopper. Way cool.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Our Queen you received a wonderful box of goodies from Kathy .

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Hope you're having a Queenly day; I guess the rest of us are Women in Waiting, huh?

He makes everything out of all type of tin or metals of all type :) he is so good. & amanda won a flower made of tin. so cute . well off to get my critters in :) gn all.

Just a couple PIC's from or Swap :) For those who are not on facebook

# 1 AMANDA & I
# 3 Our Amanda with her Door prize win :)
#4 My Little sister & myself
#-2 & 5 are the door prises I gave away :)

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Thanks for the pictures! Sue, you and your Sis could pass for twins!

That was the talk of the swap :))

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.