What's happening in your neck of the woods - May 2014

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sorry to hear that Susan, had hoped this was the job that would last until you wanted to retire.

Hope you show us photo's of the new cushion

Verona, ON

((M)) You are a trooper though through all of this. Warren went into renal failure from a BP med way back in the early 2000's. Since then I have been very wary about any new meds I have to take.

Delicious fall day here today. My favourite season. Although it now looks like rain.... darn.

Went to the Picton area for apples on Sunday with friends. The orchards are gradually being turned into vineyards. In a way it is sort of sad to see but I understand these farmers need to make a decent living. Apples were pricey this year.
D

Victoria Harbour, ON

Think sometimes the meds do more harm than the actual illness.

Wine industry is getting to be quite prosperous in Ontario isn't it..

Sky got so dark late this afternoon that I thought we would have quite a downfall...seems to have passed though.

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

OH NO Susan .. say it isn't so !!!
Far as I am concerned, that is HIS opinion .. !!

Dianne .. /trooper/, well perhaps as I have held it together, but, HAPPY .. just so NOT happy .. watching my skintry to recoup is a real PITA .. and, this 'sty on the eye' thing is NOT purdy .. but, ya know, we sally forth .

Sat out at the fire this afternoon .. dogs had all been groomed .. Lorna and I looked after Zoey while Lilly and Piper went to the groomers ..
I had my year check up for my hip replacement .. I got a GOLD star !!!
All is well, and, my other hip is looking good !! No need to go back for a year ^_^

Happy BDay to your Mom Betty .. hope all went well with the cake ..

Time to get movin ..

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

It's likely so, unless I get the July financials set..........
I worked 8:30am to 7:30pm today - it was a ZOO in the office. New Minister, and everyone wanted to meet her, and several of them had work in my office at the same time... mad house today.
If I can get the July financials set, I may have a chance to get an extension..... I just don't know.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Good morning from Edmonton. Here for alumni weekend at the university - DH is celebrating 50 years of graduating from engineering.

Victoria Harbour, ON

How fantastic to be able to enjoy friendships of yesteryear!
I would imagine much to keep you entertained.
Enjoy

Susan, one can only do what one can do..your best
Hoping you do get them done

Would you have enough weeks in to get E.I.?

Sunny day here, on cooler side but sun is shinning

So much to do outside but lots inside as well..guess I will divide my day for in/out

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - It's contract work, so no deductions....
No, didn't get it done.
Heading out camping, just got home and going to pack the Motorhome. Back on Sunday (yes, same spot -love it there. No, we have no more flood issues like we did last year - all cleaned up in our area - some campgrounds and a golf course closed because they're still fixing the issues, but that's on our way, not our destination)

ViAnn .. have a wonderful time .. love going to reunions ^_^

Susan, sure seems you worked hard and long on getting the financials together ..
Have a nice weekend ..

I'm still nursing the STY FROM HELL !! Had to opt out of a Hospice workshop this weekend .. dang thing looks like an ALIEN on my lower left lid .. darned drug reaction :-(

Enjoy your weekend everyone

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

back from camping
Only "adventure" we had this time was me leaving the cooler/fridge plugged into the vehicle and letting the battery drain...... borrowed a trickle charger from the campground managers & "3rd time's a charm" found the right battery was the 3rd one we tried. The other 2 are for the RV.......

Not sure how this will look as it seems Daves is having a problem??
Weather here is more than amazing
22-25C !!
BLUE blue skies and a very nice southern breeze

Still jumping my hurdles, but, I am winning ^_^

Stay well everyone

M

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Hi from Bristol, VA. After 2 hard days of driving, we have only about 3 hours to destination - East Coast Holiday of the 356 Registry - a gathering of people and old 356 model Porsches. We met up with friends from the Ottawa area who left later than us and with some new friends from the Boston area in Harrisburg, PA last night and the 3 cars traveled together today. We are heading to Fontana Village Resort in North Carolina which we figure is about 3 hours from here.

Are you folks seeing messages full of html code as well?

You must be homè by now Anne .. Hope it was an amazing time.

Trying to diligently put the property to sleep for winter, got the patio furniture put away, but, kept out 4chairs for the nice days that will inevitably come 😉

Still fighting the drug reaction I had, been almost 2 months now, more than fed up!!

Hope everyone is fine ..

M

Victoria Harbour, ON

With you as well with the winterizing gardens, rain is preventing me from raking, torrential rain tonight. Grrr

Guess the keaves will be there this spring

Lorna says the leaves are fertilizer for the lawns, she has mulched almost all of them, any that fall now will be mulched in the spring.

It tried to s
Do the S word here today, but, sprinkled instead.

Wonder how ABAnn is doing.
I know Dianne is ok .. Loving her music 😊

Take care

M

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi Guys
Just lurking here on occasion. Lots on my plate with family things at the moment.
Hope to get back here in a bit.
Alberta Ann

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hi AB Ann - good to see you posting, or at least lurking :-)

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I'm home. And I'm afraid that I just missed meeting ABAnn when we were in Edmonton for a few days.

I've been putting together a Facebook Album about the trip. If you wish to check it out, you'll find it at: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152297820710706.1073741858.581705705&type=1&l=5dec457003

They say that link will get to it whether you belong to FB or not. I have only pics from the trip home to post which I will finish tomorrow or Thursday.

Great photos Ann, looks like a fun adventure!

Wanted to stop in and wish everyone a Happy
Thanksgiving weekend 😊

As well safe travels to Betty as she heads to Florida, driving.

Take care

M

Been a bit since anyone has posted, so, as I am trying to get used to this new laptop I thought I'd pop by and say hi to everyone. Hopefully I won't lose the post!

Having a bout with the stomach flu at present, not liking that at all ... have spent so much time in the ensuite I haver e decorated it several times.

COLD weather here, no snow ....

And, so it goes

~M~

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Wow! Almost a whole month. How is everyone?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sending hugs for you and prayers for Gord

freezing here this a.m., bit of snow

guess who took one terrific fall

of all days the day I'm leaving with 3 friends for shopping trip in Buffalo

I'm the guide so really can't cancel out, have to see

Ohmigosh Betty .. I sure hope you're ok?

Gord has had more blood work done, taking things one day at a time ..
Ann, Gord has not been well, more than a bit concerned.

Snow showers off and on here today.

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Prayers for one and all - even those who take Terrific Falls........ tsk tsk tsk - Betty we worry about you and your falls!

Marilyn - I know you're concerned about Gord - sorry to hear he's not well.......

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all

Is worrysome "M" and will continue until you have answers

Am here in buffalo

Taking gals to craft show in hamburg N.Y., their favorite haunts for shopping then I'm back to the room to rest
Gals are then on their own

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Betty take care. Not nice to have a nasty fall.

Marilyn - thinking of you and Gord and sending prayers as well.

Getting cold here in Ottawa. I've long since cut down the hostas, except for a couple. Of those, one is still looking really good and even has a huge bud, but it's getting too cold for it to flower.

Cold seems to be the best adjective to describe the Ontario weather right now .. guess it's better than snow .

Gordon is MUCH better now, the prednisone kicked in and he is able to lift and bend, what an eye opener for him .. he still has some tests to go through, but, that's ok ..

Hope you all have a beautiful weekend ..

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all

So glad "M" that Gord is feeling better, bet he can now appreciate a bit of what you went through last year.

Calling for more snow but for right now aam able to enjoy winter wonderland..again last year we got dumped on nov 17th and it stayed, who knows, might be same this year.

Appt with Taylor tires at 8am, none too soon, snow tires are a must

One heck of a week with cleaning up after the 7" flood, can almost feel I'm now on top of things, broke but on top of things..damaged items took my 'bootie savings'. Here I thought I'd have a new living room outfit..oh well

sTILL HAVEN'T CALLED MY INSURANCE COMPANY TO CHECK ON THAT WATER DAMAGE COVERAGE .. SCARES ME !
Oops, new computer, found the caps lock key !

Light snow, but so cold OUT of the sun, in the sun, it's quite nice ..

Big WHEW re Gordon .. sure was a wake up call for both of us ..

Tackling laundry and bed linen changes, gawd I do so detest this hydro rule .. I would never manage before 7am wash n dry, nor, after 7pm .. which leaves the weekends :-(

Off n running !

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Best you check

Did you not keep the iPad?

Still have the iPad, but am so used to a laptop I couldn't resist.
Had a brain fart with it yesterday .. went to load my printer, got out the CD, this laptop has NO CD access .. we turned it, flipped it, no nadda ..
Called DS, Murray, I was kinda frantic .. low and behold, all I had to do was Google my printer, and download the drivers !!!
Very happy :-)
I find the iPad uses lotsa power, forever charging it .. it is nice though ..

Hung the sheets on the line .. blowing to beat the band ..beautiful sunny day ..

~M~

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi to you all
Good to hear folks are still here, It's been a crazy fall for us here and now the snow has come and at the same time life is slowing down. I'm about ready for it now and then will need to ramp up for Christmas as that is just around the corner.
We have a street rehab happening next spring so I had to dig out the first 3 feet of my dry creek bed and perennial bed. I hope that I can convince them to leave a larger birds nest spruce alone as there is no way to dig it out.
It's just been a nutty fall here.
Bye for now.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I'm with you, Betty - cold here........ but first we had to get lots of snow lol

Hey Marilyn - SO glad to hear Gord's doing bett - and now he knows just how bad he was, now that he's feeling better

Good to see you Alberta Ann!

I got woken up this morning by Bob handing me the phone - my daughter called to let me know that my sister Alice is in the hospital. She's been dealing with lung cancer for 14 years, and now they've found blood clots in her lungs. She's on blood thinners and now breathing better and able to talk.
they're keeping her in the hospital for observation and teaching her how to give herself needles in her stomach.
Please pray for her.........

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning

Oh Susan, sure am praying it's not the cancer back but still blood clots can be as dangerous. Let's hope today you get better news.

Annabelle, nice to see you post..street revamp, done by municipality?
Tell them you just can't do without your pretties.

Take a break to rejuvenate before you worry about Christmas..will get you further

Seems like yesterday we were talking about Christmas and here it is again!

Ground cover again, everything is white, sky sure looks as though we are going to get a dumping today..think I'd best get some things done outside before it starts but first have to wait for dawn. Loli

Susan, hope things with your sisters help are improving ..

Annabelle .. holy cow, you have had a seriously 'nutty fall'.
Lots of work for you, sure hope they let the Birds Nest Spruce stay where it is.

Wind and light snow here today, and, bitterly cold temps to go along with it .. can't believe how winter snuck up on us like this !

Just made some applesauce, apples seem to be the ONLY fruit 'on sale' these days .. and, oddly enough, Pineapples?

Stay warm everyone

~M~

Checkin in ...

Guess all of us are ramping up for the Christmas 'push' .. I'm 'SLOWLY' giving in and starting to at least look at where the decs are LoL

Gordon continues to progress .. he sees our family doctor on Tuesday ..

VERY foggy here this quiet Sunday morning .. rain expected today, and 10cm of snow tomorrow .. of course, none of that is carved in stone!

Hope everyone is well

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Mild temps here "M"
Imagine if we had another day like this the snow would be no longer.

So pleased to hear Gord is doing better..you've had quite a year of it haven't you.
Started early, like December 26th 2014 and have worked diligently each and every month so am pleased with myself to say not much more and I is ready

From decorating to pressies wrapped

Guess its almost time to put my feet up

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - you're starting in the future? Boy, knew you were good, but geeze!!! lol wasn't that Dec 26, 2013?? hehehehe couldn't resist!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ooops, yes, Susan but then you never know, I have enough supplies to get tarted dec26th 2014. Lol

Schools and businesses closed here, streets and roads are very icy!

Since we had no plans to God anywhere, I baked, but, not for Xmas.

Betty, I'll be ready Dec. 24th .. LOL

Off to shower and wash my hair, out and about the next 3 days.

Take care

M

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.