What's happening in your neck of the woods - May 2014

Victoria Harbour, ON

Snow all melted away, rained heavily all night, water coming nto sump area like crazy, got a plumber, poor hole now has 2 pumps, he's out to see if his firm as a new battery support system and if so will be back, if not he will be back when the one they orfpder comes in..there goes Betty's Christmas pressie. Lol

Sure wanted a living room outfit instead but don't want to take chances..plumber said I was overkill..yep know that but he wasn't the one sopping up 7" of water throughout the basement

Glad you are staying in

I made apple cinnamon muffins

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Yummy!! Apple cinnamon muffins sound good!

By boy Tyler is the proud papa of 4 pups born last Friday night. There were 6, but one got stuck, and the mom had to have an emergency c-section, and she lost the last two pups. 1 boy, 3 girls, all are doing fine.

Thumbnail by momcat Thumbnail by momcat
Victoria Harbour, ON

They are just perfect

Sorry for the loss, know how sad Sharon is when she loses puppies

Will you have choice of litter?

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I was so upset over the weekend, I couldn't even take joy in the four we had, knowing 2 were lost.

Two will be coming to me, not sure which two. I'll probably go out to Colorado in late January and get mine. I should be getting 2nd and fourth pick. I'd like a boy and a girl, but 2 girls is fine, too.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Think Sharon lost a male in her last birthing.

I so can nderstands you sorrow...now wait until you see these little gaffers, won't be so little in January though

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh, I know, I'm just anxiously waiting for each new picture. Wish they weren't so far away, I'd love to see them while they're little.

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Puppies are just so cute ..
Purebred birth for the breeders are always an anxious time and anyone who has 'dibs'.

The day amounted to not much today .. did manage to make a banana loaf, a pumpkin pie and some sugar cookies .. played several games of cards too .. just too blustery and icy outside ..

Busy the next 3-4 days, appts and Hospice stuff ..

TTFN

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

awwww those puppies are just Adorable!!!!

Sad to say we have had some bad news .
Gordon has been diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma .. a blood disorder involving his bone marrow.
Many tests in the works, will have to have a one marrow aspiration, then perhaps chemo followed by a stem cell transplant.
Needless to say we are in a state of shock, Gord has NEVER ben a sick person.
Thoughts and prayers appreciated ..

M

Victoria Harbour, ON

Prayers being said for you and yours "M"

Difficult to take in such news

Hugs my friend

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oh Marilyn...... sorry to hear your news
Prayer, love & hugs going your way

Victoria Harbour, ON

Woke up with you on my mind this morning "M"
Prayers coming your way

All and every thought and prayer is greatly appreciated and warmly accepted ..
Kind of doing a lot of sniffling, gonna be a toughie when the kids come this weekend ..

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Don't envy that gathering
Feeling so badly for you all

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Marilyn - you've got the prayers. But they are doing wonders with multiple myeloma these days. One of my handbell ringers was diagnosed with it almost 3 years ago and she went through a rough year of treatments, but seems to be doing very well now. Ts and Ps will be with Gord as he goes through his treatments.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

T and P's from me here for Gord. Thank Goodness you live in Canada!

Alberta Ann

Thanks to all ..
We have a top notch Cancer treatment Centre here in Thunder Bay, am praying they do their best to see him (us) through the treatment.
Even though I am an RN and have Hospice training, this has thrown me for a loop.

Again, thanks so much

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Nothing prepares you for such news "M"
Prayers coming your way..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

~M~ know a bit of what you're going through, but nothing can prepare you, and telling the kids this weekend will be tough but they will be there for you through all of it....
Prayers going to your whole family

Well the visit went well .. EVERYONE 'danced' around the topic, and a good time was had by all ..
Suffice to say .. we all know that the 'boogieman' is hanging around, but, we are all prepared to take him on ..

Many thanks for thoughts and prayers

HUGS

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

wow o wow - last night went to Bob's company Christmas party..... lovely dinner, great company around the table.
Before, during and after dinner there was a Murder Mystery theatre group - we had to figure out clues, then take part in a Kangaroo court lol We had to figure out, from 3 suspects of the murder, who, with what, and the motive. There were 50 people there, and I WON! $500!!! Paid bills, and now, Christmas will be a bit brighter - bought ornaments for Bob's son & wife, and of course the baby - due on Friday? Will take pictures of the sleeping bag I knit, and sending off tomorrow - same day as I send the box to my Santa Warren buddy :-)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hope the weekend "M" turned out to have a bit of sunshine in it..
Goes without saying, I'm sending prayers!

Susan, that is fantastic
$500 wow
Can hear in your post how excited you are to be a grandma this week..please do post photos

Whoa Susan .. good for you :-)
Sounds like an awesome get together ..

We are in 'waiting mode' here, waiting to hear when tests will commence .. kind of nerve wracking as Gord has pretty much clammed up .. I know he is having pain, and I have told him what to take .. and he does ..
As I said 'the boogieman' is seldom mentioned ..

Appreciate all thoughts and prayers ..

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I have some wrapping to do today - send off presents to the week one..... Emily's going in for a cervical scrape on Friday at 1:30 Eastern Time, to induce the baby. After that, it's whenever Marshall wants to arrive.......
She's still working today to Thursday.......

All I do nowadays is knit for him....... right now working on a shawl.. only have 6" done, but it's baby wool, so will take some time........
Need to take pics of the sleeping bag I did lol

Things here are status quo ..
Gord is doing , OK .. I am not going to say 'well' as his back is killing him .. have to watch for fractures with Multiple Myeloma, glad we're seeing our family doc this coming week ..
His Bone Marrow biopsy is Dec. 17

Off to Lorna's 'staff party' tonight .. funeral directors and cemetery staff .. have been twice over the years, kinda fun :-)
Gord has opted to stay home with the 'kids'

Susan .. has Emily delivered yet ? Marshal must want to stay put !

Best get moving ..

Hope all of you are well..

~M~

l

Victoria Harbour, ON

Enjoy your evening "M"

So glad the appointments are starting, answers are better than no answers.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hope you enjoy your party Marilyn!
No, Marshall hasn't arrived....... although I had a bit of a "wired" time this am.
We'd gone to bed "early" at 11:30, and the phone rang at 1:00am! Got me wired right off the bat - didn't show "who" on call display, so thought it was the hospital phone - they're not supposed to use cells, doncha know......... Well, I messaged them on FB which comes through on their cell - nothing.
I got a message from a friend though - she'd meant to call her husband and got my speed dial instead lol said she wouldn't use the phone without her glasses ever again lmao
I stayed up until 3:30 then..... too wired to sleep..... and knitted lol
Got almost 20" done on a 36" center..... then it's the border to be knit - long, but starts with 15", so shouldn't take long?!?!

Victoria Harbour, ON

you'll get her done Susan, you are being very committed to this shawl.
oh lordy, yep glasses would help, wouldn't want her calling you at this time of morning every morning

think Marshall will come in his own time..

"M" feel for you, all that shovelling, thank goodness these past 2 weeks being sick I've not had snow shovelling to content with, think it owuld still be there.

My 2 pleasures in life, really .. are.. shovelling snow, and, cutting grass .. in that order ..
Especially when the temps outside are SO mild ..
Still snowing lightly here, will likely just give it another once over before bedtime.

LOL Susan .. I got what's called a 'butt dialed' cell call .. my friend had her cell in her back pocket, sat down a he phone called almost all the contacts in her list without her knowing, all you could hear was her signal light indicator and music .. that phone got replaced !!Sounds as though you're goin gangbusters on the shawl .. betcha it's gorgeous :-)

Best get supper on the go..

TTFN

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

I do enjoy same "M". Grass cutting 1st then shovelling, just not now

Did something silly, was craving all weekend Kentucky fried chicken, went to town, ate but a breast and Mac/slaw and maybe 4 fries..before I got home I could feel things weren't sitting with me..haven't been in the washroom more than out
Just took gravol and in bed. Greg/Mel were coming over, called them to say stay home

Lordy this is getting tiresome

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - I find that KFC is very greasy....... I switched over to A&W chicken and had less tummy "issues". I imagine with your current upset that this was the last thing your tummy wanted....

KFC is an AUTOMATIC laxative for me ..
We don't eat fried food, so, when I eat something greasy .. ie .. a hamburger, I had best be going home right away.

Sure hope you feel better Betty ..

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Could be that..grease and I really haven't been eating solids lately

Just hope you get over the rumblies .. no fun at ALL

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

yeah, I find KFC to be very greasy....... do the A&Ws have chicken in your "neck of the woods"? They stopped making dinner packs here - just chicken strips and burgers........ siiiiiiiiigh
really liked their chicken dinners.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Had left overs today and tummy churning
Likely not the chicken, just that I haven't eaten restaurant foods in weeks
Yes we have A&W in midland
Out of the way so rarely do I think of going there

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

the baby shawl is draping over my lap, and is quite cosy. I heard today that Emily's favourite colour is baby blue - like Gerbera Daisies.... and I think that's the colour of the shawl :-)
I also heard that Adam's mother (Bernadette), sister & her hubby are going to be gone from the 19th until after Christmas. I'm astounded..... I know that Adam's sister had the first grandchild in the family, but geeze... this is Adam & Emily's first and Bernadette knew this back when they first found out the baby was due Dec 14th...... but yet, they choose to be away ....... I just don't understand it

I haven't mentioned it to Bob, or to Adam & Emily, but going to see if we could afford to send Bob down to be there for Christmas..... it would be tight, but I think this would be great for all, and he wouldn't have to run into his EX lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

Now wouldn't that be something Susan for Bob to be able to go..remember how happy he was for you to go see your mom

How is she and Alice doing?

Was the same when I was tying one of those no sew blankets, had it drapped over me and I was so warm and comfy, hated to finish it. Lol

Fog moved unusual for this time of year

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

well, can't afford it, after all.... yikes but it's expensive..... $770 for good days, $470 for not-so-good days flight - so, not going - I did mention it to him, but there's no way we can afford this!! If we could, we could afford something for Emily & Adam & Marshall!

My mom is doing fine - spoke to her today and had a good conversation. Alice is doing fine, from what I hear. I was going to call her today, but a friend from US called and she needed to talk, for 2 hours..... kinda killed my "I want to talk" gene lol

anyway - woke up at 2am, dunno why, but I'm knitting now lol

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

thought you'd get a kick outta this - too bad they didn't pronounce Canuck correctly......
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gw8P8L1LfDM?rel=0

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.