Weather: April, maybe start of new things!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Low 70s and sunny. I have pics on here to download but I keep forgetting or I'm too tired. lol. Eventually!!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

We got a trace of drizzle overnight but it is sunny now with a cold breeze. They are calling for a high of 69F and wind gusts up to 30 mph.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on April 26, 2014
Clear
49 °F
Clear
Humidity: 69%
Dew Point: 39 °F
Wind: 8 mph from the WNW
Pressure: 29.81 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 4.30 out of 12

rose 'Scentimental'

Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

70's Sunny , it's warm !!!^_^

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Getting ready for rain. Forecast for tomorrow through Thursday.
51º Stiff NE wind.

Girls are setting onion plants. We planted 10 double rows of carrots.

Stormy this morning for a couple hours then it cleared out and got hot and humid. Highs in low 80s. Tomorrow will be very active with strong storms all day.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Big Cabin, Ok. 77* now, winds driving from the south. Usually turns and brings rain.

They are calling for a high or 76F. Sunny of course. 47F here at the house right now. They are calling for temps in the 90s this week. Ugh.

Updated: 5:51 AM PDT on April 27, 2014
Clear
52 °F
Clear
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 45 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the East
Pressure: 29.95 in (Rising)
Pollen: 5.80 out of 12

Bad storms here today. We had some rotation here at the house but nothing major. Tornado touched down briefly in next down and did some damage to one street and whole town is a mess. Currently 61 and waiting for next round later.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Feel like you are waiting on the lotto to roll again with storms?

I dodged all but a few raindrops. Temps 74* across Okla mostly, but shot up to 85* by FW, Tx. No more clouds, just sun.
Pic is Calera, Ok a few miles north of the Red River and Texas.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Just had a 15 minute downpour.
45º

I'm wanting to get some pics. It's all over The Weather Channel and local news. Odessa, MO. Alot of damage.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

52°/69°/49°
Today...Breezy. Mostly cloudy. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the morning and
likely in the afternoon. East wind 15 to 25 mph Decreasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.
Tonight...Mostly cloudy. Showers and thunderstorms likely in the evening...Then a chance of rain showers and isolated thunderstorms after midnight. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

We finally got rain late yesterday afternoon and it rained all evening and in the night. Maybe all night. It was raining when I got up, but not now. We had chances of severe weather all around us. Two tornados on the ground, but apparently no serious damage. Both north and south of us. We just got to enjoy the rain.

Have a nice day every one!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

53 degrees here
rainy
Only it is not stormy . More like a cool breeze , sprinkle , drizzle , rain a while . Then back to same , cool version of a summer , humid , sultry day . cloudy .
Take care in the Bad storms everyone .

They are calling for a high of 86F today. I'm ready to share it. Didn't notice the wind they have in the report below. Just noticed a little breeze when I got out of the pool at the gym.

Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on April 28, 2014
Clear
68 °F
Clear
Humidity: 32%
Dew Point: 37 °F
Wind: 16 mph from the NNW
Wind Gust: 24 mph
Pressure: 29.99 in (Steady)
UV: 4 out of 16
Pollen: 5.80 out of 12

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

My first post I said April showers bring May flowers.
We are definitely getting the showers.
1½" so far.
42º

Today just cloudy, yesterday we finally found out this morning it was 90+ mph winds that tore thru here and the next town. Alot of damage though none here.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Rough winds! I am goin to go in and watch a bit of weather, but a clear hot sunny day here, if a little less humid than expected. 78* all mornin on my way south to Houston and a welckme relief from the 95* I saw in N FW yesterday. Spring flowers everywhee.

There is a fire weather warning today. It will be windy, hot, and dry. They are calling for a high of 90F.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on April 29, 2014
Clear
75 °F
Clear
Humidity: 12%
Dew Point: 19 °F
Wind: 21 mph from the NNE
Wind Gust: 32 mph
Pressure: 30.02 in (Rising)
Pollen: 6.60 out of 12

I hope the guy next door does not play his radio outside today, but I don't know. You'd think he'd stay in when it's 90F but he seems to love hot weather.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

48°/60°/41°
Today...Rain showers likely in the morning...Then rain showers likely and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.
Tonight...Rain showers likely in the evening...Then light rain likely after midnight. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Since our rain guage leaked I asked a neighbor how much rain we got and he said 2&1/0'' That's on top of the almost two inches from the last rain.

We just had a hard rain pass thru. We had a 1/0th last night. I'll take every drop. There have been no worms flooded out of the ground yet.

Have a good day all!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sunny ,warm , 70's
20 mph wind .
Rained all night into early morning , nice now , Exactly like it should be ! ^_^

Getting hotter, drier, and windier.

Updated: 9:51 AM PDT on April 29, 2014
Clear
82 °F
Clear
Humidity: 8%
Dew Point: 16 °F
Wind: 25 mph from the NNE
Wind Gust: 33 mph

Updated: 3:51 PM PDT on April 29, 2014
Clear
90 °F
Clear
Humidity: 4%
Dew Point: 7 °F
Wind: 16 mph from the NE
Wind Gust: 28 mph

46 currently and wet. Raining off and on and will continue until the low pressure system passes. I'll take it. We're still an inch behind for the year.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

40°/49°39°
Today...Cloudy. Scattered rain showers in the morning and afternoon. West wind 10 to 20 mph. Chance of showers 60 percent.
Tonight...Cloudy. A chance of light rain in the evening and after midnight. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

I'll take every drop too!

They are calling for a high of 90F. That shouldn't be a problem to achieve. It was already 71F around 7AM. It is windy and we have a fire weather warning again.

Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on April 30, 2014
Clear
80 °F
Clear
Humidity: 7%
Dew Point: 9 °F
Wind: 20 mph from the NNE
Wind Gust: 31 mph
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
UV: 4 out of 16
Pollen: 6.80 out of 12

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Cool front was nice to me and blew thru...

72* 4:30 pm 34% humidity, 12 mph winds with 18 mph gusts. forecast indicates a few even more cooler nights coming, I will LOVE them, trying to get some garden organized...

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

64 degrees the high 43 the low this morning
50's now ,
Wind SW 16 mph ,
Cool at times , but nice , A good day to do ..

High around 50 with scattered showers today.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

No rain today. Overcast.
43º
Warmer next few days.
Our Farmers Market starts Saturday. Supposed to be warm & sunny!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Thursday...Cloudy. Light rain likely in the morning...Then scattered rain showers in the afternoon. High in the lower 50s. West wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 25 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.
Friday...Not as cool. Partly sunny. A 20 percent chance of rain showers in the afternoon. High in the mid 60s. West wind 10 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the afternoon.

Woke up to rain the the night and wind.....

Good news, this is THE last cold day!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Closing out April, on to May,
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1358521/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.