Weather: April, maybe start of new things!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Ended up close to 70 early this afternoon before the front started moving in and dropped the temps. We are now down to low 50s. Rain off and on all day.

Gotta sniff to delay coming into house. lol. He does this all the time. Loves to make me wait. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Little Rock, got inside as the storms hit, cant get back out yet. Wundergnd gives me tornadoes in Duncan, Ok and Iowa areas..Everyone ok? I trained my cats not to be slow going in, chuckle, didn't mean to catch any whiskers, chuckle, but goin out? They are looking for snakes in the grass before they step.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Strong winds of change with temps steadily dropping today starting out in the mid to upper 40s with a freeze warning tonight. Cloudy right now, but should be raining on and off all day. Clearing tonight, so maybe the lunar eclipse will be visible here.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

37°/39°/25°
Today...Windy. Cloudy. Light snow likely in the morning...Then a slight chance of light snow in the afternoon. Little or no snow accumulation. North wind 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.
Tonight...Partly cloudy. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the evening.

Yesterday, it rained all day. Around 6:00 pm, it started raining lightly again. Suddenly we had a tornado warning for the town, 7 miles to our west and a bit south of the highway. It was heading NE which means either us, or the town 7 miles to our north could be in the path. It depends on the easterly direction. Their town was in the warning. The sky looked fine, not the green color we usually see and it just rained lightly. Usually it's pounding rain.

After that the wind came up and has blown steady all night. It's a good day to do indoor work :o)

We did get 2 2/10'' of much needed rain!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Heavy overcast, chilly damp 58*, creeks are bank full and I am having to dry my clothes where the vehicle sprung a soaking leak. Little Rock was hit for its last Spring storm with 2 bands of heavy rains and stout winds, then cleared to see that beautiful moon before clouding back up. At least my shoes arent soggy....wonder what elevations snow is forecast for now...

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They are calling for a high of 86F today.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on April 14, 2014
Clear
61 °F
Clear
Humidity: 62%
Dew Point: 48 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.04 in (Rising)
Visibility: 9.0 miles
UV: 3 out of 16
Pollen: 6.20 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I will go with I like the rain .. but ,,
44/28 . snow tonight?
wind 10 -20
Humidity 92 % (put a nice cold in all that) (blah ....
cloudy ..
Warm, cold, warm, cold, I hate this ,I really do .!
80 yesterday 28 tonight ,, (Blah !!!

I forgot to add Blech !!!

This message was edited Apr 14, 2014 4:02 PM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

People arent too happy with it, but the plants jumped into leaf n bloom down here. Gonna get a nap- down to 47* in Sulphur Springs, Tx and breezy.

Mountain View, HI

Beautiful day today, mainly blue skies with light scudding clouds moving fast across the sky.. Wind has stayed fresh, which is nice and temp is 76f.

I had snow this morning!! lol. When I went to work it was 31 and it warmed up to 42ish. High 20s for low tonight.

Probably got close to 90F today. I'm not a big fan of that.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

WOW !!! Difference !!! Extremes !
Incredible Spring ?

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

27°/45°/31°
Today...Sunny. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight...Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph after midnight.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Good Morning from sunny Minnesota.
A little cold but, no wind.
20º

Hope everything stays warm enough in your greenhouses, Bernie.

They are calling for a high of 83F.

Updated: 7:51 AM PDT on April 15, 2014
Clear
60 °F
Clear
Humidity: 53%
Dew Point: 43 °F
Pressure: 29.94 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Pollen: 7.00 out of 12

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Heavy rain right now as yet another cool front comes down...now they are very welcome as yesterday was 89 degrees, tomorrow will be very pleasant again and only up to 74.

My baby wrens left the nest just a few hours ago, they should have waited just a bit till after the line of rain. My picture only shows two, but there are three, one sort of lost the rest for a bit today, hopefully it found them before the storm, pretty wicked out there now.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Mountain View, HI

After some over night showers (Blocked the eclipse of the moon) the day has turned out to be just like yesterday - breezy, sunny, cloudy, a shower or to, low 70's
Todays new bloom

Thumbnail by microb
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

36 degrees , it's cold again )(*&^%$@#^***#)

last night ,

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Oh Sunkissed,
Baby Wrens?! Ours come the first week in May.

Mike,
Lovely weather and bloom!

Ju,
I hear ya and echo ya!

34°/59°/39°
Today...Windy. Partly sunny. South wind 25 to 35 mph with gusts to around 40 mph.
Tonight...Brisk. Mostly cloudy. South wind 15 to 25 mph shifting to the southwest 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Gusts up to 30 mph.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Overcast, windy.
35º

They are calling for a high of 82F. It is overcast right now. No wind. We don't usually get wind and overcast at the same time.

Updated: 8:40 AM PDT on April 16, 2014
Haze
57 °F
Haze
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 50 °F
Pressure: 29.86 in (Rising)
Visibility: 3.0 miles
UV: 2 out of 16
Pollen: 6.80 out of 12

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Little Rock wasnt too bad- patchy frost, chilly breeze and warmin right on up. I am in Mt Vernon, Ill and only a lightly brisk wind in full sun. Hang on guys, change is just around the corner...

I think this year's sorry excuse for a rainy season is over. That means no more rain until the late fall. We got a little over 5 inches of rain over the past year. They say there is a 60% chance of an El Nino this year. I'm hoping. El Nino usually brings a lot of rain.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kelli That' the part where you get blooms and green plants , and we need the the boats and canoes ,,,
I planted three or four annuals the other day from a couple trays , Boiled lettuce after 28 degrees night before last , 40 is as low as they will take , I will keep testing two or three at a time until it's right . Weather needs to quit this , it really does .
46 degrees with a cold 15 -18 mph wind . here .
Kale and greens took the frost well though ..
60's and 70's coming for the week ahead ,

61 currently. Blustery winds though make it feel colder.

Took this the other day.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

42°/55°/35°
Today...Partly sunny. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the morning.
Tonight...Partly cloudy. North wind 5 to 10 mph.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Ground is white, about 1".
25º

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Over cast today, they say thunderstorms later... 61 degrees now, and up to 76.

I'm enjoying watching the baby wrens exploring my garden, had to chase a black snake off yesterday, boy can papa wren squawk loud when danger approaches.

We just had a Central FL plant round up this past weekend, sure was nice seeing fellow local gardeners, and a beautiful day too. Now I have new babies to plant.

Cloudy at the moment and they are calling for a high of 79F. The weather is more May than April. We get cloudy mornings so often in May and June that they have names, May Gray and June Gloom. Personally, I am thankful for them. When that season is over, it starts getting really hot.

Updated: 7:01 AM PDT on April 17, 2014
Haze
57 °F
Haze
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 52 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the East
Pressure: 29.87 in (Rising)
Visibility: 4.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 5.90 out of 12

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Started morning at 44* and up to 62* here at Monee Illinois. Enough breeze to be comfy tho the flag is flapping eastward. Slight high haze in sunshine

Thumbnail by kittriana
Mountain View, HI

Its a beautiful day here in Hawaii. Lots of steady showers over night but this morning the sun is shining, light fluffy clouds are gliding across a light blue sky. Showers possible during the day but we don't mind liquid sunshine, its what gives us rainbows.

Off to Costco today in Kona, drive by the Volcano National Park, then on to a black sand beach, half way stop for pastries and then along the south Kona Coast overlooking the blue Pacific. It will be a tough day.

Currently 46. Didn't get much warmer. Cloudy all day with a damp chill to the air.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

30°/61°/71°
Rest Of Today...Mostly clear. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph shifting to the east in the afternoon.
Tonight...Mostly clear. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph.

They are calling for a high of 73F today. Right now it is heavily overcast like it could drizzle, but I'm not holding my breath.

Updated: 5:51 AM PDT on April 18, 2014
Overcast
58 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 51 °F
Wind: 7 mph from the South
Pressure: 29.86 in (Rising)
Pollen: 6.30 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

forecast was 68 for today , it is already past that . 72 about now .
Possible rain
And Sunny .
I like it !!!^_^

Kittriana ,, I have been to that before ...

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

55º & climbing.
Sunny.

Mountain View, HI

Same again today except a few more showers. Upper level low near the islands is causing the showers to be heavier than usual but no complaints. Ground is really wet. Wind forecast to become fresh and breezy this weekend.

Yesterday we did not see a spot of rain until a mile from home on the way back from Kona. Kona is like Waikiki. Hot, hot, hot and full of tourists is red convertible Mustangs. Some pics from our road trip attached. Sorry should have flipped that last one.

Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Pa Ridges tonite, Lamar, Pa. Tuckered out tonite, the kids came thru in a tour bus and brushed teeth and scrubbed faces before loading back up. Drivers have wives and children riding for their vacation with them and the little ones are so full of energy I wear out laughing at them. Temps are 66* avg since I left Chicago behind at 45* this morn. Clear skies, still winter bur I catch glimpses of green things beginning.Happy Easter if you dont hear frime- NH and Mass dont always like my phone.

Thumbnail by kittriana

67 for high and sunny. Felt great!!

They are calling for a high of 82F today. It is sunny now so that should be easily attainable.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on April 19, 2014
Clear
55 °F
Clear
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 49 °F
Pressure: 29.95 in (Rising)
Pollen: 5.60 out of 12