Weather: April, maybe start of new things!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently 53 and somewhat cloudy.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

59 and sunny
Wind ESE 11 mph
Humidity 36 %
Very Pleasant Sunday Outside today

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Got you beat!
It is 64º here.
10 days corn planters will be rolling here.
We will start gardening this week.
Spring comes fast once it shows up.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hi Ya CG , That has to happen once in A Red Moon !!! Right ??? ^_^ lol Enjoy Your Sunday ,,
Nice ,Nice ,Nice DAY !!!
Onions and lots of Garlic sprouting up here ,, 10 Miles south , the Daffodils are in Bloom ..

Mountain View, HI

Hot and sunny with a few clouds but little breeze 78f.

Nice Epi Kelli - now that's my kind of flower. Went to local farmers market this morning and purchased 5 different varieties of Dragon Fruit plants. (which are, afterall, Epis) Grower will trade some of my Epis for the other two varieties I could not afford. They were $10 each. Should have flowers and fruit in about 18 months. I'm into them for the flowers.

60s and sunshine today. Loving it!!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

LA hit 91* and I dug for shorts. HEADED north to Las Vegas and air dried out some, temps went to 85* and I started lookin for less a/c chill. Beautiful evening here on the Nevada state line, light soft breeze and temps slidin toward cooler. Primm Valley, Nv

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Although the wicked weather hits this time of year, it is sure nice to hear some gardening starting again ☺

High of 78° and low tonight around 58°, heavy line of showers is just about here, so I better hurry and take the pooch out to do her business. Then some pleasant days.

kittriana, enjoying your pics, all my old stomping grounds.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It got up to at least 89F at the house yesterday. Today they are calling for 88F, which is two degrees hotter than they were calling for yesterday so it will probably get to at least 90F here. I am not excited about that.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on April 08, 2014
Clear
55 °F
Clear
Humidity: 57%
Dew Point: 40 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.09 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 9.30 out of 12

another epiphyllum at the Arboretum

Thumbnail by Kelli
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Microb? You might have to drive for 2-3 hrs @ this(1) to see this. Many cant handle the waiting.50* @ Primm, 65* @ Virgin River Gorge, Az and dropped to 58* by St George, Ut. full sun, light breeze all. The rest of the pix are the Virgin River Gorge.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

Mid 50s with off and on sun and clouds. Windy also. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer but I think I heard the wind is still supposed to hang around this week.

Mountain View, HI

Kittriana, Do pick up hitchhikers. You might just find me wanting to tag along for those views

Rained all night. Cold Northerly wind. Brightened up as the day progressed but never got above 68f. Sun trying to break through grey thin cloud late in the afternoon.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Love the pic's Kitt , Kelli ,,
59 here today .
rained here last night also
More coming ..
34 for tonight .

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Mostly Utah today was perfect. snow patches on dirt to the 7180 altitude. West utah 2pix. Never get tween a truck and his runaway ramp, he probably has no brakes left at all. These last 2 pix are still west of Green River Utah. The colors today rivaled those of the Painted Desert and these pix cant even touch those colors. Stayed from 58* to 65* today, full sun, light breeze. Normal I guess for Utah. At Grand Jct Co the fruit trees are espaliered in neat rows and were bursting with white pink and purple blooms and the sheltered Valley along the Colorado River were greening way on up. No Colo pix and I must cross Vail in the morning. The River was running rough, but I saw NO fishermen of any kind. A few antelope along the hwy, but still a beautiful drive.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

Nice series of pictures, Kittriana.

They are calling for a high of 88F today, so today should be pretty much the same as yesterday which was pretty much the same as Monday. Only difference is that it is cloudy this morning.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on April 09, 2014
Mostly Cloudy
56 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 49%
Dew Point: 37 °F
Pressure: 30.00 in (Rising)
Pollen: 9.00 out of 12

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

You can tell when weather is awesome as the temp countdown loses people who are exhausting themselves in the pretty weather. Chuckl. Woke in Gypsum, Co, dark, temps 33* and slept warm and comfy...Sunup came later with a few clouds shading the sun for us eastbound drivers. Curious thing was the rainbow the sun was shining thru. It circled the sun and was not a rainnbow, just a circle of the colors around that liquad gold sun...Vail was at 24* but clear and as pretty as a postcard. 76* in Denver now before noon.

Warm with temps in the 70s and breezy.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Wind at 24 this morning
Chance of storms
70 /47 for today
About a cold 50 now ,
UV index 2
Humidity 89%

They are calling for a high of 86F today.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on April 10, 2014
Clear
54 °F
Clear
Humidity: 41%
Dew Point: 31 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the WNW
Pressure: - (Rising)
Pollen: 8.80 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

48º Partly sunny.

Mountain View, HI

Cool, dry and partly cloudy for the next few days. Perfect weather for getting out in the garden.

Kelli, is that Epi one of yours. The backdrop does not look like Aboretum. I have one that looks identical called Grand Prize.

Kittriana - is there an age limit on becoming a truck driver. What scenery.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

76 F and party cloudy -- great for planting.

Currently 64. Clouds moved in and kept the temps from reaching the 70s. I did wear sandals today for the first time this season. Felt great!!

Microb, that epi is at the Arboretum. It was right next to a greenhouse. It is called 'Trapeze'.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Today we have Fire and low humidity weather alerts
and it is 65 degrees and raining steadily ,,, Oh-- Kay -- lol ^_^

They are calling for a high of 81F today. There *might* be some drizzle tonight.

Updated: 5:51 AM PDT on April 11, 2014
Scattered Clouds
59 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 55%
Dew Point: 43 °F
Pressure: 29.88 in (Steady)
Pollen: 8.50 out of 12

This is an Aporocactus

Thumbnail by Kelli
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Omaha, Neb. 77* @ present, full sun, not much breeze- thats unusual

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

67º
Got my girls cleaning out flower beds. Looking good!

All my beds except one are cleaned out. Hope I can get to them tomorrow after work.

Mid 70s today and sunny. A little breezy but not enough to ruin the nice day.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

7:16 PM and still 67 F and Sunny. We just returned from bike riding.

Mountain View, HI

Cloudy, light misty rain after a dry morning. mid 70s. Regular tradewind weather forecast for the next few days with light showers. Should be a nice weekend.
Local press got a briefing from Volcanoes National Part yesterday. Someone finally noticed that the lava flow could become a threat. Until last November the lava flowed harmlessly into the ocean. In November the outbreak of lava moved to the north side of the eruption site and came inland. The ocean flow stopped. I've been watching the maps and the lava flow grew to 4 miles long, 4.5, 4.9, 5.1 and yesterday 5.2 miles long from the eruption site. If the flow continues at its current pace and direction it will take six months to flow five miles to the nearest homes.
Its not coming in our direction but, hey guys, thanks for giving folks a six months headsup. It might stop altogether anytime or it might pick up speed. Totally unpredictable.
Worse case scenario is major disaster. Hundreds of homes could be affected and a town cut off. Lets hope it stops!

Scary about the lava flow.

No drizzle last night. It looks like it could drizzle this morning but we often get clouds that bring no rain. They are calling for a high of 68F today, so you all are catching up to me.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on April 12, 2014
Overcast
55 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 46 °F
Pressure: 29.88 in (Rising)
Visibility: 9.0 miles
Pollen: 7.80 out of 12

amaryllis from my yard

Thumbnail by Kelli
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

57º Partly sunny. Just right for greenhouse growing.

Son is tilling a patch to plant radishes. Planted peas yesterday.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Air temp 76 F and sunny with a nice breeze. Veggie garden soil temp 60 F.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Springfield, Illinois. Winds have been 35mph since I got to Des Moines earlier- sundown now and they are still stiff... Everything looks like its just waiting-The fields not plowed yet, the trees havent budded out unless they are closer in to town. 76* most of the day- it DOESNT feel like Easter at all. That is a scary lava flo! These are crossin the river south from Joliett, Ill- the bugs are back...

Strong winds here also. Front moving in overnight bringing storms and cooler temps. Will be freezing overnight for several nights.

Oh and currently 79 with highs in the low to mid 80s today.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hi of 78 , low of 50 tonight
47 this morning
Wind SSW 13 mph
Humidity 45%

They are calling for a high of 72F today. It is cloudy right now.

Updated: 5:51 AM PDT on April 13, 2014
Overcast
55 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 69%
Dew Point: 45 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the South
Pressure: 29.94 in (Rising)
Pollen: 6.20 out of 12

Irises in the back yard

Thumbnail by Kelli
Mountain View, HI

Strong breezy tradewinds, heavy tropical downpours with sunshine in between. Headlights in the rainshowers, steaming roads in the sunshine but 70f - 75f.

Found an orchid nursery closing down on Craigslist. So I grabbed a neighbor and we took off in my van to get the deals. 500 6 inch pots for $50. 400 for me for Orchid Cactus cuttings. My neighbor took 100 for his wife to use in new 10 x 20 greenhouse. The nursery was also selling off their benches at $1 a foot. 3 foot wide 8 foot long for $8 wood frame and wire mesh top. I took two and my neighbor took 5 units for his new greenhouse. Van was packed to the roof. Also got three Cattelyia Orchids for $4 each. The nursery greenhouse covered about 1 acre full of benches and sprinkler system and thousands of orchid plants. If I had the space I would have taken the whole lot.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.