Weather: April, maybe start of new things!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

April showers bring May flowers.
Let's hope we don't have April snow.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

last day previous 67 degrees
60 now still .
Wind is 17 to 30 ..
Humidity 30 % very nice feeling dry air wind ..
Brings to mind Ben Franklin and an Air Bath ^_^
That and juggling or chasing anything that is not weighted in place

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Green Bay. April Fools flipped the weather back to gusty and dropped overall temps to the 30*'s, stayed nice til March ending. Lookin at the weather channel I believe I will drop south a LOT sooner than Minneapolis. KS,, NEB, IA winds will be dangerous to a van trlr as well at 40mph with only a tiny bit of weight. Here they arent tellin me much abt COLO, so again I will prob drop even farther south thru NM. Stay warm everyone.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

It is a nice 19º this morning. Very windy all night & a skiff of white stuff on the ground.
Sunny now.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It was 45F, which was cool enough to see your breath. A system is coming out of Alaska. We got 0.13 inches of rain overnight. It is done for now. They always have weather advisories when it rains, which seems kind of silly to me. Part of the warning has to do with snow at middle elevations and that make sense.

They are calling for a high of 61F. The rain barrels have a nice skim of pine tree pollen on them.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
ed: 5:51 AM PDT on April 01, 2014
Clear
48 °F
Clear
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 43 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.94 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 8.30 out of 12

Mountain View, HI

The rain reached us at noon yesterday. Got heavier and heavier. Flood advisories were extended every couple of hours. Rain heavy throughout the night. Flood advisory still posted until at least 10.30 this morning. At 2pm its still raining, that's 24 hrs and no end in sight. Temp steady at 68-70f. Should stop by tomorrow.This is tropical rain forest, this is Hawaii.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Winds finally calmed down today. Temps around 55 for high and cloudy most of the day.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Side gusts to 35mph til close to St Louis, then enough rain to wash the bugs fried onto my windshield off. Temps climbed from 32* to 51* here in Lebanon, Mo. overcast, winds calm.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

That's because peppers winds , they moved to here ,,
62 was the high here .

Yep I passed them on. lol. We have strong storms moving in overnight. Supposed to start forming when I wake up for work and when I leave really be hitting. I'll take it since we need the rain.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Ya know, it has been just awesome beautiful here the last few days since the front came through, what I'd say is just perfect and I'm enjoying it as long as we have it, before long it will be hot and humid and I'll be a mosquito's buffet. Warming up the next four days to our highest temps so far this year, but sunny and low humidity. No chance of rain the rest of the week, spring breakers are loving this week.

I took a nap on my hammock yesterday, woke to a hummingbird checking me out.

52°/84°/61° Sunny

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

If I wear a red shirt outside the hummers gripe at me, chuckl. Little greedy guts. 50*, humid and overcast in Lebanon Mo, no breezes, stretch time for a hard 650m now, i really need to check Okla weather, but I KNOW theres winds goin into Amarillo...

We got 0.01 inch of rain overnight. That is more like heavy dew. They are calling for a high of 61F again today.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on April 02, 2014
Scattered Clouds
48 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 41 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the NW
Pressure: 29.94 in (Rising)
Pollen: 8.40 out of 12

Mountain View, HI

A nicer day today. Sunny in the morning and now some passing heavy April showers. Mid 70s.

Oh how I envy you those hummingbirds!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

54 degrees and rain
Rained all night last night ,
Rain the next few days .

I suppose it made it up to 60F but it was windy and chilly, especially in the shade.

Made it to mid 50s with strong thunderstorms early this morning. At work I think we had about 5 hail storms roll thru within a couple hours.

Now we have more storms rolling thru overnight again with hail possible once again.

New things all right. It got down to at least 40F last night. They are calling for a high of 61F. If it's not windy like yesterday, it will be o.k.

Updated: 5:51 AM PDT on April 03, 2014
Clear
45 °F
Clear
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 39 °F
Pressure: 30.10 in (Rising)
Pollen: 8.60 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

62 for today 54 for the low .
Flood warning
Flood watch
Severe storm watch
Still raining , heavily ..
Backyard and sidewalks are under 4 inches of water . This includes what is almost a garden ..
More water to come ..
Severe weather watch for tonight
Well it's not snow ,,and it is warmer .. From shoveling to wading ..ducky ...

Mountain View, HI

Wow, did we have some heavy showers last night, really drumming on the metal roof. Streams are flowing again but will probably stop by late afternoon. We have no source of water upstream for permanent rivers or streams so just get the flow after heavy rain.

Cloudy and breezy this morning, cool at about 65f. Forecast is for a showery morning but brightening up this afternoon with breezy winds.

Storms again this morning but no hail this time. lol. It lasted til about 8:30-9am then was done for the day in my area. Temps reached low 70s for high.

Storms did fire up again this afternoon but stayed south and east of me. St. Loius got slammed again.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Morning at the State Line of Tx/NM- still dry dust in the winds of yesterday. 47* and not much humidity.
Caught the other side of the wind change approaching the Sandias at Albuquerque, 37* if the snowshower was over me, 44* mostly tho. 3) just before dropping in to Alb. 4) Wide open skies temps up to 60* and as lo as 50* across the mesa lands of the Navajo- NM. 5) Flagstaff in sight, and sundown on the other side at Kingman. Beautiful day. Funny blowin snow that barely stayed to melt, not enough moisture to damp the road. Night everyone, and am glad all have dodged the days tragedys and storms.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Mountain View, HI

Kittriana - I get cabin fever, or it island fever, looking at those wide open roads. The farthest we can travel here is 200 miles in one direction and that's in a circle around the island bring us right back home again.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

My little brother was stationed at Barbers? Point once upon an age. Had to teach him how to speak Texan when he came home- But I still have my island pix he sent me. I understand perfectly.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Survived the violent weather yesterday; including 2 tornado warnings. Today very windy, cloudy, and temps in mid to upper 40s. At least, the violent weather has passed us by & we didn't suffer wind or hail damage & no lightning strikes. Yesterday was just too much drama. The weekend is suppose to be warmer, sunny, & quiet.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Well, Illinois got passed over, but I was warned of hi water on I70 in Indiana 4" over the road, so all that snow plus rain has them floating in Indiana. Beautiful day here, in Az, dry, but cool at 57* to warm up later.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Lots of ferocious wind , little rain falling intermittently . 40 , degrees

Wind makes it Cold ,,, freezes tonight .

Rivers around this area are at flood stage , flood stage is 9ft , Rivers are at 9.1 going to 9.5 tonight Flood Warning Currently until 2.am Sunday

Well I will say it .. knock , knock , on that Block of wood ,, At least it's not snowing here ..
A few places near here got almost 5 inches of rain last night , this morning .

Kittriana, have you ever driven Route 70 in Pennsylvania? I used to drive to work on that road and there were always a lot of trucks. I used to play a game with myself were I would see if there were any instances where there were no trucks in front of me as far as I could see and none in the rear view mirror. There weren't many of those instances.

Mountain View, HI

Breezy tradewinds, passing moderate showers and mid 70s, some blue sky, not much sun though. The bog area I was able to walk across and weedwack some weeks ago is now standing in water (as it should be) and hazardous to walk on.

High 40s for high and cloudy. Supposed to warm up some more tomorrow.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

30°/55°/35°
Today.. Sunny. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight...Partly cloudy becoming mostly cloudy. South wind 5 to 10 mph.

Thanks Bernie,
New thread, but the winds followed me anyway...

We had strong winds all day and night yesterday. I woke up to calm today. The sun is shining as promised!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Rt 70 as in Interstate 70/Penna Pike 70? Absolutely. One of the few roads that can carry a trucks weight and height and length safely enough. Trucks wish they had their own roads just like you. The 2types of vehicles just naturally dont co/exist. Needless to say tho, just like a car or pickup, none drive the same way, nor were taught the same highway laws, and those guys in the trucks think of you in that car - as the guy they are taking their freight to for off loading. We just have 30x more rules on how we get to do this...
I am just east of LA in Industry this morn. Was 38* w/21 mph winds, but has gone to 53* now before the sun comes up.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Sunny, warmer, & calm today. Great way to start the weekend.

Hi, Kittriana. We're in the same county.

They're calling for a high of 70F today.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on April 05, 2014
Clear
49 °F
Clear
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 42 °F
Pressure: 29.95 in (Rising)
Pollen: 8.90 out of 12

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Yup. I will be here til Mon sometime. Got the sunblock on and shorts ready. and chillin at the truckstops in Ontario. Beautiful day, but I see signs of dry in the plants here as well.

Mountain View, HI

No wind, very little cloud, humid and getting near 80f

New bloom today

Thumbnail by microb
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Somewhere around 50 today
sunny
little wind
Nice feeling day , wonderful in fact

Microb beautiful bloom looks like some our lillies ..

Also around 50 today and no wind. Felt sooo gooood!!! We were outside all day thanks to the awesome sales going on!!

They're calling for a high of 81F. (Kittriana, enjoy your day at the truck stop.)

Updated: 5:51 AM PDT on April 06, 2014
Clear
60 °F
Clear
Humidity: 36%
Dew Point: 33 °F
Wind: 9 mph from the NNW
Pressure: 30.04 in (Steady)
Pollen: 9.00 out of 12

Epiphyllum at the Los Angeles Arboretum. Mine are not ready to bloom yet.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Hmph. a/c movie n laundry. The clouds arent boiled up under the San Bernadino range this mornin. And the air is unusually clean. S T R E T C HHHH. food.

Thumbnail by kittriana

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.