Amaryllis group buy for fall 2014, interest thread

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

2 buds on Minerva, what a champ

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm even seeing 3 buds on a lot of my bulbs... some look like they might bloom together, but on most there's one taller flower stem, another that's just starting to grow upward, and another just barely peeking out.

Is 'Minerva' on the library desk, Sally?

Catmint, whether it's just some of the bulbs or all 10, it's probably easier to do a refund and re-order Aphrodite with our fall bulbs next year. Martina's isn't quite open but is looking more white than anything else.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

okay, reorder it is! thanks, Jill!

Here's another strange amaryllis mix-up.

I first requested Double DREAM, not Double QUEEN. But when critter sent me the invoice, it said Double QUEEN, with no mention of Double DREAM. The names are all so similar, I didn't catch it at the same. (To add to the confusion, I'd also ordered Dancing Queen!)

When I picked up the bulbs, one was labeled Double DREAM... which is what I'd wanted in the first place. There was none labeled Double QUEEN.

Ok, now my Double DREAM is blooming, and it's actually a Double QUEEN!

I'm actually not seeing any requests/interests for Double QUEEN in any of the previous discussion threads, so this may have been another error at ADR.

Can you all check your blooming Double DREAMs?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

That was a typo on my part, with the invoice... I need to figure out a way to get Excel to export invoices for me. :-/

as far as I know, there is no 'Double Queen' (I think there's a Double White Queen or Double Arctic Queen or some such). We ordered 'Dancing Queen' and 'Double Dream' and 'Double Dragon'.

Sometimes colors develop differently after a bloom has been open a few days, or colors might be a little different on the first bloom if the bud was exposed to the elements... or at least that's what I've read. Mostly, my amaryllises have either bloomed out right with the first bud, or not.

Where did you find a picture of one called Double Queen? There are images of "Double Queen" if you google... but they look pretty much like Dancing Queen to me.

I didn't personally label the bulbs, but it was carefully done... however, mixups can happen. We'll see if it's just one Not-Double-Dream.

Thanks for reporting about it!

LOL I got myself so confused with the similar sounding names. I'll post a picture of the one blooming, labeled Double Dream.

Here's the picture.

So there isn't a cultivar called Double Queen? Then this one must be Dancing Queen.

Thumbnail by ssgardener
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, and it seems I did that typo in more than one invoice... I do apologize for that confusion! There is no 'Double Queen', never has been. ("We're always been at war with East Asia.")

Yes, that bloom looks like 'Dancing Queen'. The two other "D" varieties were Double Dragon and 'Double Dream'.

I do have confidence that the bulbs were labeled correctly at the divvy-up.

I appreciate getting feedback about any glitches! I'm enjoying the bloom photos, too. :-)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I dug out the Am bulbs that I stored in Josh's basement and they look just like they did when I first put them in there. Took one to my Aunt. I am getting the others this weekend and am going to start potting them up for gifts, next week. I am going to pot a few up for myself as well. I picked up a couple of things at the Garden Club Luncheon I bid on a shallow crock type bowl. I think it will hold 3 bulbs nicely so I will try that. Also picked up a couple of baskets at Michaels and some fat glass vases at the Salvation Army. I should have enough containers for all or most of them now.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

HEY HEY HEY

New thread for possible Spring Group Buy from ADR is up: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1382782/#new

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This is either Rosita or Vera

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'd guess Vera, as it's a lighter and slightly peachy pink. It's beautiful! Nice straight stem, too... some of mine are rather cattywampus, especially where 2 stems are blooming close together. I might put some of the blooms in a vase, instead.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I was thinking it might be Vera, but not entirely sure. Sure is pretty

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.