CLOSED: 2013 Fall Round Robin - On the Wing (Round 1)

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

My guess is that it will arrive Feb 14th.

Robin ~ What is wrong with Lazlo?

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

I'll let him tell you in his own words here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1346546/

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Gm all Just came in from feeding & Watering my chickens their all huddling in the barn it is so cold outside but i put a small heater hanging from the ceiling along with a heat lamp
so they are doing fine , but my feet are frozen from walking out to the pen got to get them warmed up :)

Feel better dry socks on :) HEHE hey got to ask was there any CASTOR Beans In the Robin ? if not i will have to order some . Please let me know if ya can . today .
best wishes to lazlo.
have a great day all I Have lots of shoveling to do today & Tomorrow .
back later stay warm my friends .

Elk Horn, KY

i'll guess march 3

THOUGHT I WOULD KEEP TRACK TILL OUR HOSTING "AMANDA " IS BACK :) HOPE I HAVE EV1 SO FAR.

RETURN HOME DATE OF THE ROBIN

FEB
EVELYNINTHHEGARDEN ----14 TH
PFG----24 TH
DJ9----28 TH

MARCH
DEE-- 1 ST
CZ---3 RD
MIPII--7 TH

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Thank you dearie.

I've not gone anywhere. Ha ha hahha - unfortunately. :D

Now I'm on the hook for a prize. Hafta go. hee heeee.....

Bird is in the air, and it look like I'll hafta start a new thread too - this one is getting slow to load. Insanity out there - hope everyone is staying warm somehow.

A.

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

deejay9: Yes there are castor beans. Unless Robin takes them all. ;)

ok ty I Just Need a few

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

I included some seeds from my tulip tree.

Thumbnail by iowhen
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Tulip Tree ,, Yellow Poplar .. That is the State tree here .
Always was a favorite ,, with me . As is a Black Maple , Love the big old leaves , lol

Only lurking

That's a real nice mature specimen Gypsy! Thanks to you Juhur, I now know it's Indiana's State tree.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Maybe we can lure you into the second Round, Ju?

Going to walk the dog here. Hope everyone is enjoying a warmer day.

Houston (and by that I mean Garden Buddies), the bird has landed!
The sights and smells are fantastic, I've never seen so many seeds! If I didn't need a bathroom break...

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It 's possible only I don't have the slightest of what I would or could add besides the sample 6 to 10 seeds on average , and that ain't much ,
I have a bunch of common goop ,, not all that special ...
Although some is fun to grow ...

Susie, lot's of Castor Beans, got your address will email Amanda with the tracking # when she sets flight again.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Robin ~ Did you get the seeds I set aside for you in there?

Yes I did Evelyn, I got two packs from you, thank-you very much.
In fact...thank-you all for the experience, it's a freaking blast!

I can't say it enough to express my gratitude, but again, thanks for the seed gifts that hold so much promise. I gotta go to bed now and get rid of this kink in my neck...

TY Robin Just take your time to go through the robin so you don't miss any Goodies :)

GOT To ask anyone in the second time around WANT any of the following
If no one wants any then i will not put them in as you can see there is 100's --1000's
of seeds in each pack & i don't mind adding them just don't want to take up space
if no one wants any . Please let me know .

Amanda If you want me to add them i will be happy to .

carolyn I Have your Nicotiana set aside for you .

FROM MY GARDENS

MIXED TALL & SHORT MARIGOLDS
False Indigo Blue
Hibiscus --- Peppermint SCHNAPPs
Nicotinana Syl White

Well off to water & Feed ya all have a great day Enjoy the Robin ROBIN :)

Thumbnail by deejay9

Amanda are you going to start a New thread for the SECOND Time around Robin Maybe you might get a few a Few NEWBEIES That will Want to Share . ?
I'm Not sure yet if I want in But will let you Know .

ok anyone else going to take a guess ??

FEB
PFG----24 TH
CHEERMOM-- 27th
DJ9----28 TH

MARCH
DEE-- 1 ST
CZ---3 RD
MIPII--7 TH

This message was edited Jan 9, 2014 3:14 PM

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hiya Susie.

You mean an interest thread? Sure, that's probably a good idea. Hop right on it.

Robin I am glad you are enjoying it so. My first time was the same...in fact every time is the same. :)

It is a little different from this end of the perch, but I am looking forward to seeing what's left when she gets back to me.

Enjoy!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I pick Feb 27th

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

March 6!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hi all - today was a long hard day. Glad to be prone. Hope you also enjoyed slightly warmer temps. It was a pretty day too. Glad for that too. :)

Susie would you mind keeping the guess list going till I get my head on straight? Should be some time well into the second Round.

Speaking of which I did not get to start that thread. Distracted by the crazy neighbor Lady screaming for help because her car died, was towed, and she left her bourbon in the trunk. Hurry, hurry can you take me to the ABC store?

Seriously. HahaHaha I do NOT make this stuff up.

I'm home all day tomorrow so will get busy tidying up our threads. Keep us posted on your progress Robin. I am so jealous. :)

A.

Bordentown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Quote from deejay9 :
GOT To ask anyone in the second time around WANT any of the following ... MIXED TALL & SHORT MARIGOLDS......

I am not in the second round, but I am near the end of the first round, and I always appreciate marigolds.

Thanks

Denise

NISINJ I will be sure to pack up some for you

anyone else going to take a guess ?? IF I HAVE MISSED YOU LET ME KNOW .

FEB
PFG----24 TH
CHEERMOM-- 27th
DJ9----28 TH

MARCH
DEE-- 1 ST
CZ---3 RD
IOWHEN----6 TH
MIPII--7 TH

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1341445/#ixzz2q1FWYqoX

Denise, I've packed some French Marigolds for ya too.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Oh good, I'm before you and I have tons of Marigold seeds. This mix is mostly Durango and Disco, they're all about 12"

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Have I given anyone any of our heirloom "Bessie's Marigolds?"

We didn't have a single volunteer this past summer and in a panic, I tried to germinate some old seed. I'd read marigolds don't keep long, but managed to get a few plants and even to bloom and mostly dead now here in the house. Ha ha haa - but I DID get a breathful of seed. Not much, but we cherish these and would love to have seed back from someone we've shared with - particularly if I can't get THESE to grow.

Otherwise, I have plenty of marigolds, thanks. :)

Going to get those other threads started today - another emergency. A DIFFERENT neighbor today called at 7:14 a.m. to ask if I could go to her house and sit with her boyfriend who was suffering from vomiting and diarrhea 2 days after rotator cuff surgery. She is a nurse and had gotten in her car to go and get him some IV fluids. HE is the one who, when she was leaving said, "Maybe you should call for Amanda to come over while you're gone."

You know a man has to be Pretty bad off if he's asking for that kind of company.

He was, but they were grateful for my help, as we've helped each other now and then with dogs and such (more so my favors for them, but I told her today that when we move from here her favor to me will be to take and keep my 55 gallon fishtank so she'd better start planning for a place to put it).

-sigh- been a busy day running for them and haven't even fed the iguana yet. Just checking in. Again - I DON'T make this stuff up. :/
A.

The Orange-Breasted Thrush was gently given flight again today, ferrying some God given delights towards Hastings Michigan.

Alas, in my state of mind, I quickly forgot to record the weight of the package, I just wiped my eyes dry and walked away sobbing. Susie, if you have a scale, can you do me a favor and weigh it for the 'Seed Nazi' (self named) or no more seeds for me.

Thanks in advance...ENJOY!

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I bought some tall white marigold seeds for planting this year(I wish they put more in the pack so I could share, but I think I got these at Sample Seeds. I can't wait to see how they do. I promise to save lots of seed for next years' robin. I'm really interested in "tall" marigolds, if these do well I'll be looking for more colors, LOL. I put in way too many short marigolds last year. I put them next to a path and they just about overgrew the path. I'm moving them this year, they will surround the butterfly garden and vege garden. You can't beat a marigold for easy care.

Dee, you can't beat a Marigold for companion planting also.

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

I loooooove the Disco marigolds. I had them this year, and they bloomed like crazy. Wasn't sure if they would come true from seed, but I would like some if they do. The last marigolds I tried from seed came out all leggy and shaggy and not at all like the parent.

Robin, great job letting go. :)

Amanda, you deserve a do-gooder badge.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hello everyone:

New thread finally - please join me here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1347191/

Thanks!
A.

p.s. See also next post for 2014 Spring Round Robin Interest Thread.

This message was edited Jan 11, 2014 8:56 PM

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

2014 Spring Round Robin Seed Swap Interest Thread (Round 2) HERE:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1347195/

Thanks.

A.

Is the robin in route or who has it ??? Amanda did you get a tracking # Of last take off ?

Susie did you send it to Obliqua or Carolyn22? I haven't heard anything from Obliqua nor have I seen any posts or comments. Does anybody know if she is alright?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Confirmatino that Judy has the Robin. This is the OLD thread, isn't it?

ok found new one ty

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.