Weather - November Thanksgiving

Oh my this is going to be a cold week for us.Tomorrows high maybe in the 40's.Brrrr!!!

The cold front is moving in tonight!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

13º

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Here you go . the fad for the next 5 or 6 months
Frosted white Spruce
With ice and frozen leaf deck porch .. It's not suppose to be doing this , really ,it's not ..

23 degrees ...

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

OUCH!!! Y'all have it worst then me.I should not be complaining.I think it will only be cold here for the next 3 days.Then it will be in the 50's and 60's for the high.

Its the artic cold front that is pushing down.Is the reason why everyone is getting these low temps.

The flower above my screen name is blooming now.I just took that pic today.

This message was edited Nov 11, 2013 11:47 PM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

southgal ; did you see blomma's Oct 4 weather thread ,
I shutter (and shiver) at the thought.
Weather forecast is saying the Artic front might snow hammer a few places , rain with ice here is not good though .. snowing lightly now.

Maybe I should take bets on whether that mustard plant is still blooming during the next few days ,lol

You all be careful with ice on the roads and porches , steps ,so on ..

OOPS : I forgot to finish , nice pretty bloom ... Daylily?

This message was edited Nov 12, 2013 12:56 AM

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Thank you folks for taking the front away from me! :)
(at a weather site we joke that I'm sending the cold down since the Alberta Clippers often either take a turn on the west or east side of Moose Jaw on their way down.)
+21F now and heading up to +46F tomorrow....and they in turn send the heat up
(& I'll still thank Kelli for that since I do believe it came up from California to B.C and took a big leap over the mountains and is now here...thank you, thank you, thank you).

However you can't blame me for the snow or ice (that cold is truly courtesy of the Arctic).

whew!

This message was edited Nov 11, 2013 11:21 PM

Hi Juhur,yes i did,they are pretty.I don't like the thought of it being cold either.It is suppost to be in the 20's in the morning.The wind is blowing here.

Put salt on stuff that is iced over!!!

Thanks!!! It is a Azalea bloom.

Lily i hope your cold weather goes back to you soon.Lol!!!l

If you put salt on your steps and porches.Still be careful walking on them while it melts.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

With you all talking about snow, I almost hate to say this, but they are calling for it to be 86F today. It was 55F around 7AM. Lilypon, I will gladly send you some of that heat.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli,stop rubbing it in.Lol!!!

I don't think its going to snow here.I live way down south.I live where it hardly ever snows.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

32 degrees here now 17 this morning ,
35 Today's high , tomorrow 38 ?
20 tonight .
Local weather says the wind is steady at 11 mph . it's cold ,, brrr ,,!!!

It will be in the 20's here tonight too.With the 20's going into the morning.For the high tomorrow in the 50.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Highs in mid 30s and sunny today. Winds died down for the day but will pick up again tomorrow. Currently 30 and will get down to the teens tonight.

I don't know what it got up to, but it didn't get as hot as they were calling for. I'm guessing it didn't get above 80F. It was cloudy most of the day.

Mountain View, HI

Not going to get the mainland cold but if weather guys are right we are in for an interesting 48hrs. The weather front that went through from west to east and gave us rain on Monday has reversed direction just east of the Big Island, is picking up some more moisture and is coming back moving east to west and combining with some upper level instability. Flash flood watch up until Thursday morning, winter storm watch up for top of Mauna Kea (12,000 ft) may get period of moderate to heavy rain with thunderstorms as system moves back up the island chain. Very little wind at sea level. Also have a high surf advisory in effect for some areas. On Monday Bay Front Road in Hilo was closed due to rocks and debris washing over the road.
So we shall see.

It is 35° now.
The wind chill makes it feel like its 29°.
Brrr!!!

This message was edited Nov 13, 2013 9:27 AM

They are calling for a high of 91F today. That should be against the law. It was already 65F at 6:45AM.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

36 degrees here with a 30 degree wind chill .
That's about the high for today ,
it's cold , it's cold , it's cold !!!

Its 52° now.Tonight will be in the 20's again.Then it is suppost to start warming up again.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Summer is back ?
47º feels like 30º. Dang wind!

42° now. 27° tonight. 60° for the high tomorrow.

Same as Bernie today. lol. It's now 42.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

31°/50°/35°
Today...Mostly sunny. High around 50. Southwest wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 25 mph.
Tonight...Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. Low in the mid 30s. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

35º this morning.
Cloudy with sprinkles.

Its 31° now.The high 60's. YAY!!!!

Thumbnail by

They are calling for a high of 90F. It was 66F at 7AM.

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Mountain View, HI

Thunderstorms and heavy rain for about an hour last night. Most of the rough weather went north of the Big Island and is currently over Maui so looks like we missed most of it.
Waves 25 to 30 feet on the North Shore of Oahu. Severe thunderstorms over Molokai at this time.

It is 53° now.Tonight will be 41°.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

54 degrees now , around 30 for tonight , cold wind 11 - 12 mph ..

A starter pot with lid from 8 ounce water bottle ,, I've been playing with waste again . lol

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Lol!!! Juhur.Now you have a little funnel made out of the lid!!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes southgal ' that too!!! handy dandy ideas !^_^

Little larger , same with 2 liter .... You can tell ,I still had some energy going at sundown(short days)

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Juhur,those are cute bottles.I have never seen any like that.The 2 liter bottles we have here are tall ones.
Theres nothing wrong with you keeping busy!!

This message was edited Nov 14, 2013 7:37 PM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

LOL!!!LOL!!!LOL!!! ^_^

LOL!!!

Currently around 47, highs were around mid 50s and sunny with blustery winds.

They are calling for a high of 72F today. It is cloudy. It was 58F at 6:30AM. There might be drizzle tomorrow.

Its 52° now. Its also cloudy as well.It is suppost to get up to 70 today.

Thumbnail by
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

46 degrees cloudy . moderate wind .
About 50 for a high today

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Got you beat, 51º at noon.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

CG; Your too cold of a zone for that !!! , goofy weather patterns ,,I

Happy your nice and warm and toasty , way up North though !!!^_^ lol?

This message was edited Nov 15, 2013 2:34 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.