CLOSED: KEEP ME WARM, THE UNDOING

Victoria Harbour, ON

lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

you asked what cutter is used...

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Ocean Springs, MS

Got my box taped, label on, and shipping out tomorrow morning! Yay!

Ocean Springs, MS

FYI: Christmas Swap is now open! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1340729/

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh my oh my!!! TWO count them, 2 boxes came for me today. They're from my sweet sissy, Kathy! First one I opened had a warm and so, so soft blankie in it. I won't get anything done today for petting that new cuddle muffin. See pix below!

Then on to the second box, does she know me or what?????? Chocolate candies with liquor filling. Oh yum...can't wait to break in to that one! Then she took the keep me warm thing to the next level putting in Flamin Hot cheetos, and Atomic fire ball cinnamon candies. Rounding out the stuffed full box was a box of Sleepy time tea and a tin of sugar cookies (my fav.) Aren't I a lucky, spoiled girl????

Thank you , thank you, Sissy! You're the BEST!

Thumbnail by joycet Thumbnail by joycet
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Woohooo look at Cookie posing!! Sis Kathy did good in making sure you'd face the Ohio winter in style, besides being warm. Look at all the 48 liquer choccie bottles!!
Don't eat all at one time, Cookie! Great job, Sis. Cookies for Cookie..I like that tea too.

That reminded me of my ex late mum. Had brought back some liquer filled choccies from Amsterdam for her, and after eating 4 pieces, she had a HUGE smile on her face.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'll pace myself, Jaye..

I just read a really good book. It wasn't something that I would normally pick, cause I'm usually a murder mystery or romantic reader, but my girlfriend gave it to me and she and 2 of her friends had read it and said what a good book it was. The name is "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" by Lisa See. It's about a pair of girlfriends in 19th century china. Talks about their foot binding and all the other traditions those poor, poor girls had to go through. I can't imagine having my parents tell me that I was worthless because I was a girl....such a hard time. Must say I had to cry several times during the reading. It says it's a movie now, but I haven't heard anything about it. Has anyone else?

Okay, I know I told you I would take pictures of the porch pots the other night, but do you think I could find my camera? Of course not, so you'll have to just see mine. Funny how they all ended up so different. I'm going to go take the picture right now. I'll be back!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Cookie, borrow the movie from Netflix! I had seen it last year, I love how the movie moves from current day to the ancestral years.
I haven't read the novel, so don't know how close the movie is to the original book.
Love the movie, and showing of the class differences between two good friends and how they ended up, made me weepy.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Oh Joyce, you look so warm and comfy..bet you just want to cuddle in it!
what great boxes you were treated with..

snowed last night, been busy wrapping Christmas gifts I spent all year making, wow, I was a good girl..now it's off to town for the wood, need to get making 20 kits for the 7th annual Christmas craft...

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Cookie that is a bunch of nice gifts.
Reminds me of the mon cheries from France. Chocolate covered cherries filled with liquor.

Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, my, those chocolates sure look tempting! And the blanket looks so warm! Nice pressies!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I almost kept the chocolates, but I don't drink much because of my heart

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Julie was my buddy, and boy did she over do it.
she gave me cocoa mix, apple cider mix, a beautiful scarf, a facial cloth, a much needed rice bag for my back, i'm using it now, fuzzy slippers, a can of pumpkin with a pumpkin cookie recipe, lip balm some seeds, a candle shower gel and lotion and a piece of dragon fruit plant, all in a pretty basket.
Julie, I can't thank you enough, I love it all.

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo Thumbnail by jordankittyjo Thumbnail by jordankittyjo
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Wonderful gift, Kathy...would you please share that recipe with us????

Kathy those are wonderful gifts.

Ocean Springs, MS

Kathy, you are very welcome! I bought the scarf on a whim because it was so pretty! :)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

the sscarf looks good with my new sweater, thanks again julie

Cutlerville, MI

My buddy's box will be postal tomorrow! Yippy! Yahoo!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Well, I was going to mail today but the weather is UGLY so I'm staying in. Think I'll make homemade soup for lunch. Yum! That's warm. :) Still have a few more days before the deadline but it's creeping up on me.

Ocean Springs, MS

Kathy, I kind of thought it would! ♥

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I will try to get my box mailed today so as to make the deadline; however, I might not get it to the PO before tomorrow. Don't worry, buddy, I will get it to you. :)

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I mailed my box out on the 13th. Priority # says it was delivered yesterday at 2:38. Hope she finds it soon or if she already has, lets us know what she thinks of it!!!

Ocean Springs, MS

Got my Box! Thanks, FOTV, it is FABULOUS! Been busy with kids today... field trip to a dairy farm! But I will post pics tomorrow and reveal all the GREAT things I got!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! ♥

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you, again, FOTV, for the great box!

Being ever so thoughtful and knowing I'm crocheting got the two grandbabies on the way, she sent me two skeins of baby soft yarn and a crochet needle!

Beautiful!!!!!!! A scarf that will keep me soooo warm and fingerless gloves! Both handmade by her! Plus a hand-crafted wooden pick to secure the scarf or wear in my hair! Love them! ♥

A Mango-to-go Travel Set that includes body scrub, hand and body lotion, lip blam, and mango magic cuticle oil! Can't wait to try the cuticle oil... really need it!

And a sample package of 5 herbal soaps: lavender, lemon poppyseed, mango butter, morning rain, and oatmeal and aloevera! Smell so good!

I absolutely love everything! I've been so pampered! ♥

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

They are beautiful gifts, Julie. I share your enthusiasm. :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Thanks, Cvillle! You keep warm in that scrawl. It's beautiful!

Nice box of goodies.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I love the smell of mango. I'll bet you will enjoy that Mango-to-go. Yummy.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wow, not only will you be warm and toasty but you get to sit and make something warm and toasty for love ones

Fantastic box

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Julie, that was my first attempt at fingerless gloves. They're all the rage to keep fingers free to text...lol Very much enjoyed putting your goodies together. The only product in the CA Mango Magic line that I have used is the cuticle oil, and it works wonders and smells good to boot. Enjoy and have fun crocheting for your soon-to-be granddaughters. I hope their births are both smooth without any problems.

Neighbor had a premie last month, born weighing 1-1/2 pounds and is now up to 2 pounds. She wasn't due until the end of January. So far the baby is holding her own. I ran into the grandmother (first grandchild) at the grocery store and she immediately pulled a brag book out of her purse when I asked how the big girl and the little girl were doing. So tiny and such a fighter, and frightening to see such a wee one hooked up to tubes and machines. The dad is one of hub's hunting buddies and he looks like death warmed over with all the running and worrying. The mom is stopping by the hospital daily to pump breast milk. Mine you, we all live almost an hour from the hospital. Not a pleasant way at all for a young 20-something couple to have to mature so quickly.

Sorry to hear that Fruity. Sending prayers for that family!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Prayers for the little ones Fruity

Have a friend with same situation

as you can see these little ones are fighters..sending prayers

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1341448/

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

My box is out for delivery so someone should have a box sometime today. :)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

OKIE DOKIE

Just to let you all know we will be out of town Tuesday and Wednesday. We will be back Thursday about noon. If any packages come this way my neighbor will hold them for me.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

have a safe trip linda

Thanks.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Have fun, LK!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I sure hope my buddy got her package....I hate it when it says it's delivered and no one comes on to say it got there. Kathy, is my person posting elsewhere on Dave's?

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

...ya got a xtra suitcase fer me a fit in???????????

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.