Jackie's Panduratas please share your photos here

Mesilla Park, NM

I started these in my kitchen window three or four years ago, last year were the first blooms, but the heat here is not tolerable for them and they did not produce seeds in full sun last year. So, this year DH moved the 15 gallon pot I under the fruitless mulberry tree in dappled shade and you can see how healthy it looks now, and it is blooming too. I hope this year I get seeds from this one. I love it.

Thank you Jackie..

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

A, you are so welcome. Beautiful blooms and so good to see them blooming so well
there in N. Mexico. You will probably get sds now although it does take a while
Mine should be blooming in a week or so and I'll share your thread. :-)

This message was edited Jun 16, 2013 12:42 AM

Mesilla Park, NM

Than you! Jackie have you fed yours, maybe I should give it just a little since it is potted up.

A, someone told me not to feed them since they are true perennials. Mine seem to bloom just fine without any food but mine is in the ground.
Maybe yours would benefit from a light feeding since its in a pot.
Wouldn't hurt to try.

This message was edited Jun 15, 2013 2:37 AM

Mesilla Park, NM

Thank you, I fed them this AM. We will see how long they bloom, so far all the spent flowers have turned yellow and fallen off. Maybe it will take a week or more for it to recuperate under the tree. Thanks for everything.
A.

A, hope you'll see seeds forming soon. Sometimes I get better sd formation (on the pandy) in the fall after it cools down, maybe you will too. :-)

A, was so happy to see my pandy open this morning. The vine itself is huge this yr and still growing.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Mesilla Park, NM

It rained some today and its a bit cooler, maybe that will be enough to for seeds.

Yours looks pretty good!

A.

Thanks A.

Had this strange insect visitor again this yr. This is only the 2nd time I've ever seen one.
My blooms are just starting to appear one by one. :-)

Mesilla Park, NM

I wonder what insect that is. So far, mine have dropped all the flower buds it had prior to moving it. Noe it is getting new tiny buds and the spent blooms have stayed on from yesterday's flowers.

Mine has been blooming for two months, I hope it doesn't stop yet. Your is looking good!

Here is Old Yella hardy hib, not yellow though, I don't know if I sent you seeds for this one or not. And a neat passie, more Hibs,

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd

A, glad your pandy is forming new buds. Mine is late blooming this yr by 2 weeks. The extra long cold winter
was the culprit.
Love your Passi and Hibiscus. I didn't do good trying to germinate the Hibiscus sds you shared with me
but I want to try again.
Someone Id'd the bug last yr when he first showed up but I've got to find the post again. A pretty bug with some red but not a good one as I recall.

Gautier, MS

I saw these 2 blooms from the roadside where I got mine plants. The rain kind of damaged the blooms and I'm sure they'll be mowing it all down soon since the property next to it is for sale too. I stopped to take pictures of it and this yellow flower.

I don't see any buds on mine yet and the leaves don't look good either.

A. glad you are getting pretty blooms. Nice blooms too Jackie.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Mesilla Park, NM

Ooh, you need to get seeds or cutting, I thinknthat yellow one is cotton.. Helena do you by chance have any seeds from your pandy? I'm getting seeds on this clematis and am wondering if any of you want to trade Clem seeds, the princess Dianabi have is not making seeds, but the other two are much to my delight..

Helena, The yellow does resemble the cotton bloom. Looks like Okra too, maybe Abelmoschus, all
in the Hibiscus family

Love your Clematis blooms A. I still have lots of pandy sds if you want more. No one has asked for any sds
in a long time, My pandy plant was grown from seeds that were 6 yrs old. :-) So they are viable
for a long time.
Helena, something after my pandy too the last 2 or 3 yrs. Mine is so huge now though, that they have little effect on it.
Growing out into my path and on the opposite side of the fence in the dogs yard. It has spread more than 6 feet from my original planting but 6 feet in any direction it wants to. I hope your pandy sets buds soon.

In full bloom July 2011

Thumbnail by patootie
Mesilla Park, NM

Jackie save me some in case mine ont form seeds. I want to sow them along our chain link fence . I tried some coral vine seeds but the didn't come up, so I am hoping these will.

Wow on those flowers, I want to let you guys know that the I. Platensis I started from cuttings formed some tubers and you can't tell the difference from the mother plants. I'm beginning to think that is how they propagate this one and not from seed. They have been blooming but no seeds on any of them and I have them where the ants are, I think the ants are too big and I need those tiny tiny ones.

Gautier, MS

A. I probably need to go and pluck a couple of those plants up before they get mowed. I do think they might be okra. I tried looking the name of it before and thought it was in the mallow family. It kind of grows wild along the ditches down here.

A. my pandy did not make any seeds last year, it didn't bloom much either. Had the same problem with the leaves looking bad. It hasn't bloomed yet either but I'll be looking to see if I see any buds.

Beautiful clematis blooms A.

Your pandy looks gorgeous Jackie.

A, saving you and Helena some sds. I have plenty to share. Thought I had answered this but lose track when my kids
take over my computer. They don't bother to tell memaw that I didn't finish my post and I know I had almost completed it.
Shame on them as good as I am to them buying them whatever they want, within reason, and letting them go to town with me. Even their papaw isn't brave enough to head to town with 3 kids in tow, what a handful!!!

For A's thread, a pic of my variegated pandy.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Mesilla Park, NM

Look at all those buds! Thanks Helena and Jackie. Mi thing there might be a couple of seed pods that are forming. It took a week or more for it to get acclimated to semi shade instead of full sun. It will bloom a lot in full sun, but the pollen dries out too fast I think.. Anyone know what pollinates this one?

A, bumble bees are on mine but very few of those lately. I'm not getting up early enough to even see them,
I never see honeybees anymore.
No buds showing on the varieg pandy above. That's a smaller runner of pandy and if it blooms will be later towards fall.
Here is a shot of pandy walking across my pathway ,coming down from the fence. The main part of the vine on the fence is loaded with buds, usually in large clusters.
If you look really close at the last pic, you can see all the buds above the foliage

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Mesilla Park, NM

Jackie, I was so excited that I did not notice the variegation . Is that a sport growing or from a separate vine? Very Nice!

A, it seems to be a separate vine. I don't know if it came from a dropped sd that sprouted
or an extra tuber that might have formed.
I should have already dug a stem up so I can see whats going on for sure.

This message was edited Jun 28, 2013 1:00 AM

Gautier, MS

Spotted some more pandys growing in another section of town.

The last 2 pics are from the road that I use all the time. I do enjoy seeing them blooming.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are beautiful Helena. Lovely pics too from a phone cam.

The jury still out on my new camera. I may have to return this one and get the more expensive Sony.
Not too impressed with these pics.

Mesilla Park, NM

Jackie if you should dig up the tuber, please take a photo of it if you can.

Helena, those look great. I have not seen any at all in NM, I wonder if the tractors mow them down or if they just don't grow around here. I will take some cuttings from mine just to try rooting. I am going to try several different ways to root. In a zip lock bag, in perlite, and in soilless mix, water and in rock wool cubes. I already started with some Hibs, confederate rose, I. Indica, and p. vitifolia. Tis week will be cutting taking week. So, ill give Panduratas a try too...

A.

A, I hope one of those ways works for you. I had only tried rooting in a fresh cup of water with no luck at all.
If I get to dig one up, will take a pic to share...

Mesilla Park, NM

I think I may have a couple of seed pods!, now I plan to feed this more hopefully get more seeds. I don't know if you can see the seed pods or not. I should know,in a week or so if,they stay on.

A, Keeping my fingers crossed that they stay on to maturity. :-)

Mesilla Park, NM

Me too, thanks Jackie. Ill keep you posted. Happy Fourth!

Lovely blooms A. Indica and platensis?

Mesilla Park, NM

Yes, you are good! I guess I better get out there and fertilize today before it gets too hot,. My pandy has very few buds.

Have a few blooms of heavenly blues already. From reseeded plants. The wedding bell seedlings are so small, I think I started them too late. They don't even have true leaves yet. I'm hoping they take off soon.

This message was edited Jul 5, 2013 8:00 AM

A, my Wedding Bells wasn't growing either. (I wonder if there was an issue with our seeds).....So I pulled it up and planted it in one of the lg tubs with Fertilome, a potting mix. I;m going to feed them too. Try feeding them just a little on a regular basis and see
if that jump starts them.

A. I went and checked my WB, it has doubled in size since I relocated it to a large container in good potting mix. So
very hopeful that I will get blooms and seeds. :-)
You might move one or more of your WB seedlings to pot culture.

Mesilla Park, NM

Mine are in the ground but have been real slow I've got three growing. Next year ill start them earlier. I've got some moon flowers going too, but they are slow pokes also.

Look at photo two, the rays coming through to Blue Dawn mg, isn't that something? Blackie Barajas is the last one.,and the first one is heavenly blue.

Moy Grande hibiscus mochetos bloomed.. So I used the photo as my avatar... I missed the first bloom, these are the second flowers to open.

Oh my gosh, beautiful blooms A.
The 2nd pic with the rays shining thru is really special, a great photo. Beautiful Hibiscus and
Sweet Potato,

A couple of pandy shots this morning

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

real beautys here, and I have to show you something A..
this was in June, it is even taller now.. remember you sent it to me?
and Jackie, guess what.. I have a blooming pandy, just do not know if it is in the ground or in a pot, everything is so mixed up out there.. will get a pic of it I promise.. meanwhile, my milkweeds are going to town..
have more, but on the camera...

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Lovely blooms Debra. Looking forward to your pandy blooms.

Thumbnail by patootie

Look at the shape of these pandy blooms.

Rest of the blooms were shaped as usual.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.