Jackie's Panduratas please share your photos here

Mesilla Park, NM

I like those petals on your pandy jackie.

Deborah, that grass looks good, you can leave it in the ground in your zone. We had to pull most of mine out, it was taking over one bed and it was scaring me at how fast it was growing. Just like bamboo .

That fourth photo is an arvenis taking over the world if I let it. I was using it as turtle food for the sulcatas but now we only have box turtles so these arvenis are climbing and spreading just a little too much.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Here is Joyce Cobb and some Rebecca mgs that have morphed a little. I like the really light Joyce Cobb I used to have mor than these.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

I don't know how the photo look since I have not reviewed them at all after I take them.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Got some neat sunflower crosses going here

Mesilla Park, NM

Been clearing the cactus areas and I think I posted the wrong photo sunflowers galore and I've already pulled out more than half. The bees and the birds are good little helpers...

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Beautiful blooms A. Especially love the Hibiscus and Heavenly Blues.
Nice to see a Joyce Cobb pic, been a while.

Gautier, MS

Really enjoyed all your pictures A. Beautiful blooms.

Neat blooms on your pandy too Jackie. I'm going to have an off season on mine. Not a bud in sight, really weird.

Thanks Helena, I can't imagine why your pandy didn't set blooms, very strange.

Mesilla Park, NM

Feed it bloom boost or something like that.. I just harvested a few seeds off mine and already planted them into pots. I feed mine and indontnknow if it is working or not. Mine stopped blooming, but it appears to have a few tiny buds coming long, I don't know if it is because of the feeding two weeks ago, I am going to feed it weekly with everything else.

Thanks for posting guys.

I can't help but agree A. If Helenas pandy is not to going to bloom on its own, maybe it is time to feed it. Can't hurt anything. Guess theres enough nutrients in my soil for mine to bloom without any fertilizer. Weird though that Helenas
vine had been blooming in yrs past without any food.
Helena is yours in a pot or planted directly in the ground? I know you've told us, but I can't remember.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

beautiful gardens, A.. here is my blooming pandy wish I could see where it starts from...

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Pretty pandy blooms Debra.

Thanks, Jackie... I can't wait to see if it is in ground or in a hanging tub, tho..

Gautier, MS

Pretty pandy blooms Debra.

Jackie, mine were planted in the ground and it's coming up in different places near by the main plant. I guess I should feed it.

Helena, that's what my pandy has done, coming up everywhere. It is a thug
for sure but I love it anyway. Can't imagine why yours refuses to bloom this yr.
If you feed it, let us know how it reacts.

Mesilla Park, NM

Are you guys getting volunteers or is the root rhizome spreading.. Good thing to know that way ill know where to place it.

Helena, it won't hurt to feed it, but if it is spreading , I don't know if that is what you want. I may keep a few in pots so I can move them around near tables in our patio, it is so nice to be able to see them up close and personal..

Deborah, what a great idea putting it into a basket, what about the root, isn't long? Deborah, I'm so sorry to read your post regarding your sister. Mi hope you are doing well and you have all of us MGers here for a little moral support.

A.

A Here is a pic of the tuber that the vine I dug up was attached to. Pretty
good sized tuber. Also a pic of the thickened root/rhizome still there in the ground that I broke it loose from.
So apparently spreading by underground roots/rhizomes from the original
tuber. You can probably feel down in the pot yours is growing in and feel the tuber that's formed.
Someone told me the 1st yr I planted my pandy sd, that it used all its energy
in forming the tuber (in its first growth yr) and only made 3 or 4 lvs that entire summer. By the next summer, lvs finally started to appear, 8 to 10 of them. The 3rd yr, the vine was up and'to the top of the fence b4 I was even aware of it, blooming that 3rd yr
for the 1st time.

This message was edited Jul 25, 2013 12:55 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Mesilla Park, NM

I tried to check with my fingers but couldn't feel a tuber, I may have to dig deeper, I was afraid to kill it. Ill check in fall, just in case it will bee dormant then, I think there are more than one plant in this pot. I just have to separate them.

A, just leave it alone for now. I know you don't want to damage it. If you ever have to divide it, you'll see whats going on when you remove it from its pot. When its dormant would be a good time to divide it I would think.
Lovely blooms above, Is the 1st one, a Xiongs bloom?

watching my hummer go after the 4 o clocks, grateful for this day and this group..have a great day!

Mesilla Park, NM

It's a shibori cross I don't have any Xiongs.

I spotted a gold colorec hummer this morning, haven't seen one of those in a few years . He is a baby, they are one of e most aggressive hummer s. now we have four or five different ones.... Anna's, black chinned, one solid silver looking one a a couple of others .. They love the honeysuckles ...I had set out two feeders but they just ignore the feeders and go to the nectar producing flowers, yuccas, flowering cactus, etc.. I love being around them and the butterflies

(Zone 7a)

This message was edited Aug 1, 2013 2:17 PM

Mesilla Park, NM

Hi there Karen, we have lots of gerrramimals here in our yard, a family of two skunks moved in, momma and a a baby .. They walk in the yard as if they own it, and they DO.. Lol, we don't dare come out when they are on their walks, early in the mornings. I will try for a photo from afar if I can muster the courage. I might have to take the photo from inside through the window. Good to see you posting. I have some new four oclocks in my yard Colorado four O'clock, mirabilis multiflora and it is blooming quite a bit, the night hawk moth and hummingbird moths pollinate thin one since it opens at night, but I wish I could get a decent photo of those fuchsia colored flowers, just amazing. They start to open at about seven pm here.. Now I'm afraid to go out at night because of the skunks. DH was out there and they ignored him, they kept on going towards the well house where they live, one following the other.

I think they are so used to us being in the garden and not bothering them, that they now just think we are large animals that don't hurt them. Boy I wishmthwymwould move.. Lol, talk about stiny visitors . I don't know how my two goldens haven't been sprayed yet.

I would love to have 3 or 4 different hummers but in our part of the country, we only have the ruby throat.
We feed them too and have been enjoying their antics for yrs.
Yes, thankful for every day the good Lord gives me and
thankful for the good internet friends I've made along the way. :-)

Oops, edited to say I sat on my post too long A. Very funny about your skunks
in residence.

This message was edited Jul 25, 2013 4:51 PM

Thumbnail by patootie
Mesilla Park, NM

I can't seem to get outside today, arthritis all over, T.V. Day for me.

(Zone 7a)

This message was edited Aug 1, 2013 2:18 PM

My son posted pics of a family of raccoos outside his door on the driveway , ( on FB) and it was raining and they didn't care, he got a video of them too, but very poor quality LOL
I planted a ton of seeds tonight in hopes of germination in a couple weeks and plants by fall.

i have one hummer back so far, no ruby throats.. they never go to the feeders, they go for the flowers. The orioles go for the hummer feeders , it is weird..
missed photos of my blooms today... I hope to see a xiongs by end of August..
The house eating blooming ivy is all gone now, the house is painted and caulked and new gutters, the two rainbarrels were set up today, two more to go this year.. did some training with ribbon and bent the sunflowers down to meet the arch, the vines are all climbing..

supposed to rain tonight..

Mesilla Park, NM

Karen, I read a little bit regarding capturing them in cages. One article stated that when you open the cage door for them to leave, that they will just sit there till they muster the courage to come out. It said you may have to leave he trap at the relocation site and return for it later. They seem to be somewhat shy?

Deborah, you know I've been thinking real hard about getting Virginia creeper plants to cover one or two of our storage sheds, but am afraid we might attract more visitors, mice etc.. I really want to let all my turtles loose in the gardens but I think skunks kill turtles . I think raccoons are cute, but I'm sure they can also do some damage, he probably got a kick out of seeing them.

Have a great day guys.

(Zone 7a)

This message was edited Aug 1, 2013 2:19 PM

Enjoying my pandy blooms.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Mesilla Park, NM

Oh how gorgeous , I hope mine do the same. I've had company and will for the next week too, so if I don't post. You guys know where I am.

A.

Thanks A. So much joy with this one for so little effort on my part. Wish they
were all this easy.

Mesilla Park, NM

I love them. I've planted over a dozen seeds and have several seedlings already. I'm saving a few seeds too. Mine has stopped blooming so I plan to feed it some bloom booster. I'd like to sow another dozen seeds of this one and I think I might just get it going here.

A, I could not plant that many here. One vine is already taking over my
fence line and spreading out into the path. it's a thug here but might
not be there for you in NM. It won't matter if you're planting in pots I guess.

Mesilla Park, NM

We have an acre and some fields of hay growing around us, I there is plent of room. The chain link was a horse corral and right now I added some twenty or so clematis plants in one area, lots of grapes and a ton of passion vines filling in all the arbors. I think that the Panduratas will add the color needed inbetween the Clem's.

Some clematis live up to fifty years, so far I've put in almost 50 plants, mostly bell types, I can hardly wait till they bloom all at one time... Now I have to work on my pandys..

Mesilla Park, NM

Make sure you wear a hat, as you can see, we take the heat and sun serious here. Some of my passies have not bloomed, but here is Blue Bouquet .

Beautiful A, I gave my hardy passi to my daughter to put on her patio trellis, my other passis are not hardy, i did plant the fragrant while ones I found last year ..havn't loked to see if they came up. I do have some baby clematis out fron on a trellis, hope they take off.

Mesilla Park, NM

Deborah, I have lots of hardy passion vine plants if you want some. I can send you some in spring or now so they can get established. I have blue careula and maypop, which should come back for you. Just et me know and I can start putting them into pots to get acclimated and hopefully not go into shock. I think there are at least six vines coming out in the raised beds that are all volunteers. There are a couple of crosses with the Caruela so they look a tad different.

A the pandys would provide a nice contrast in between all your Clematis vines.

Pretty blooms and I love your Ruella, Mexican Petunia.

A , that is nice of you to offer.. Maybe there is something I have we can trade for.
Jackie, this rain is driving me crazy. Are you getting it too?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.