Jackie's Panduratas please share your photos here

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Debra, we had been getting a lot of rain but have missed out the last couple of days. Happy for the break because the rain does tear up my mg blooms.

Pic # 3 and 4, a flag on pandy. Who would have thought it?

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

that is beautiful, Jackie. We have been water vaccuming the basement all day and will get up a few times tonight and in the am to keep the tide at bay down there.. good excuse for me to clean, mop and get the gardening areas ready. sposed to rain all week, so we now have two shop vacs at each end of the basement and 6 fans going. poor turtles and fish and snake don't know what is up, they are still nice and dry and cozy.told Joe I was going to have a curb all around the walls leading into a corner pond and water fountain. We just can't do the 30 k for water proofing, we already spent 16 K in 1988 on it. I figure let the rain come in and have a tropical hydrop Garden while I am dealing with it. meanwhile, when it is not raining, I can go out and see pretty things..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, sorry you're having to work so hard to keep the water at bay.
That's the only thing I don't like about a basement.
Love your photos. What is that lovely pink bloom?

those are naked ladies, Jackie. They throw up amarryllis type leaves n spring and then those die back and then these pop up out of no where, may be called surprise lilly. Do you want to try some?

Debra, thanks I should have recognized them as I have the red ones and they're
extra big bulbs that DH dug up by mistake. Hope I haven't hurt them they've been out of the ground for too long. Can send you a couple with your other
stuff if I ever get your starts ready.

Mesilla Park, NM

Deborah, oh man, I feel for you with that rain. We used to flood really bad in Southern California ... I hope you have some of it under control. Lets wait on the passies that I will send you, I'll pot them up and make sue they don't shock, I've given several and once they take them home they go into shock, so ill make sure they are established. One other thought here, I've got a ton of fruits and can send those now, just stir the seeds into the ground and next year you will get lots of seedlings that will have learned to acclimate to your area and they will be good to go for the flowing year, meantime I can work on the ones ill pot up. I was thinking if you have room this winter to overwinter them, I can send them this fall or in spring 2014.

Pretty nekkid ladies there.

Jackie, that pandy of yours really blooms alot. Mine stopped already. But it did start blooming really really in the season.

Here are the pandy seedlings I just sowed seeds for a couple of weeks ago.

Zinnias green envy looking a little pale here.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd

A, I think if your pandy was in the ground, you'd see a lot more blooms and for a lot longer. In 2011, mine bloomed from about June 7 till the end of Aug or early Sept.
Just look at the sheer size of the vine in the last pic
Your pandy seedlings look good A. Gorgeous Hibiscus

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

my pandy started blooming again once I cut back some of the sun hogs.. LOL
can't wait to see the hibiscus from Jackie bloom, maybe next year..
( started from seed in winter, in ground now)
I planted a few seeds of all you sent me A, will show pics once I find them out in the jungle..
we are ready for another night of rain, put blue tarp over the offending leak areas on the north side where the living umbrella ivy was.. covers up the porch that has sunken in to the house, and the other area on the corner where there is a big crack.. hope this works for tonight.. can't do anything to the southeast corner, there are plants there..
I think I shall build a waterfall, pond grow area in the corner in the basement where it is ugly and leaking all the time, jus let it leak then.. got some new lights for the baement gardens, the t5's are awsome, but ither areas needed some extra grow lights, so now I have some led grow lights. I lanted a ton of fresh passi seeds from the country,, just like the pandys, all around the arbors and fence lines, but all I see are purps purps and more purps..

Deb, I hope one day soon, you and Joe can get someone out to see what it
would take to fix that basement leak. A shame everything has to cost so much these days.
I planted the wildflowers you sent me today after chilling them for 8 weeks. I just waited too long to do it. I'll be happy if even a few of them come up.
DH told me our sons property next door is loaded with blooming maypop vines so will go take a pic or two tomorrow. :-)

Mesilla Park, NM

Maypops are neat. Mine got chewed completely done to the stems this year, no flowers and no fruits.. Darn..

A., maybe next yr spray them with hot pepper and see if that deters
whatever it is doing the damage. Or what if you could dust them with garlic powder? Just thinking out loud here. :-)

prolly hungry grass hoppers on these maypops..
the basement will cost 30k to fix correctly.. we spent 15k, 25 years ago, it was not done correctly, and Joe is not giving up that kind of money since he is about to retire in another month.. a "temp fix" is 14K, with troughs cut in the floor to catch the water and wall anchors outside... i am just going to turn my lemon into some lemonade and go with the inside cement gutter draining into the tall waterfall/planter I will design down there. they said "oh, we can cover the whole area with a new paper white wall." uhm, I can do that. the bad corner needs another beam, new epoxy injected and a ton of dirt butted up against it inside to lay in the waterfall and pond and planter there. I know I can do it. this house will never sell anyway..

Gautier, MS

A. do you get fritileria butterfies (? sp) in your garden. I know the caterpillar uses Maypop leaves as a food source.

Debra, I hope you and Joe can get your waterfall/pool project done. I think
it would be a great solution, attractive too :-)

heres a pandy bloom,, the whole thing is loaded up again, I am soooo happy!!!below it is soh if you can see the leaves, first bloom pic turned out fuzzy.my beauty berry is really growing..see the blooms? top of the arbor after pulling down the sunflowers..a great datura bloom on the patio makes it smell loverly at night, I had to cut the main stem off cuz of these lil maggot looking worms, I tore the stem open and fed it to the fish, anyways, now we have a whole bunch of blooms, these are in the tomatoe patch with the moring glorys holding it all together.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful Datura, one of my favorites.

Mesilla Park, NM

Yes, I have hundreds of butterflies, they are cocooning all over the place. There is one butterfly that is as big as my hand a zebra swallowtail , I think that is what it is a yellow one with stripes. I wish I could take a picture of that one .

Well it looks like you are set with passion vine seeds then. Good, you will get seedlings before winter starts. The caterpillar s have even eaten the seedlings down to the ground . I move at least 25 to 35 caterpillar s from a couple of passion vines to the larger passion vines so they don't eat the ones I started from seed , I want to see the white flowered ones bloom and vitifolia too. I don't know how long I can continue to move caterpillars, DH thinks I'm a nut now.

For some reason, none of the photos on this thread are appearing for me. Ill look at them later.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd

Love the pink purp and the photo with the red chair, striking.
I planted more Hibiscus sds today A. I hope they germinate.

Mesilla Park, NM

Jackie I hope your hib seeds germinate for you.

No mgs today, but the pandys got their first true leaves.

Some flowering crape myrtles. Hollyhock, Tithonus, perrenial sweetpea not in any order, lol, you have to match them up like in grade school.

Mesilla Park, NM

Quote from Gourd :
Jackie I hope your hib seeds germinate for you.

No mgs today, but the pandys got their first true leaves.

Some flowering crape myrtles. Hollyhock, portulacas, perrenial sweetpea not in any order, lol, you have to match them up like in grade school.

Edited ti add portulacas instead of Tithonia

A, Love your blooms esp the lovely Hollyhock and Crepe Myrtles.

me too! despite me and Joanna being sick, the other kids came over and helped gt one of the rooms all cleared and cleaned for growing. They threw away a bunch of stuff and called me a hoarder, how kind.
love your garden shots, A. the Hibs are stunning and I agree with Jackie on the red chair shot.
going out on our date night, movies and popcorn. ya all have a great night.

Gautier, MS

I love your blooms too A. Lots of colors.

Glad you got help from your kids Debra. Funny, my kids have called hoarder too from time to time.

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1329063

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.