Morning Glories 2013 # 04

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1314109

My unknown hige, the prettiest one of all imho. My hige sds all mixed so can't pick this sd out with any certainty for planting.

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new room! Love all those blooms ladies.
Debra, drive safely taking your Sis back home! Hope you had a great visit with her!

Gautier, MS

Jackie, love your hige, that is a very nice one.

Worked on repotting my mg seedlings yesterday until it just got too hot & humid. I do have a few nice mgs this morning.
First pictures is one of Dany's mix.
I'm sure that 2nd bloom is supposed to be blue instead of fuchsia in between the spokes.
Third bloom is watercolor, this vine is not a seed maker.
Forth vines color was probably supposed to be dark purple.
Fith picture is Karens chocolate blzd which seems to be more pinkthan chocolate.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Zone 7a)

Jackie, adore your blue hige, and Helen, love the subtlety of Karen-05's chocolate.

Thanks Linda, Helena and Karen.
Absolutely beautiful blooms Helena. Love the Watercolor and Karens Chocolate not.
The 4th bloom is nice too.
Linda, I think Sherry's daughter is coming to drive her back home. :-)

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

gorgeous display of colors, Jakcie and Helena. Yes, ALEX IS here... drama right off the bat, now they are in a motel room, I just got sister settled in. My daughters and son all have been here constantly attending to her while I am at work., mnow we just need to show Alex what she is needing to do for her mother.
I have a lot of non mg blooms.. all my caladiums are blooming, my lantanas. the oleander is all bloomed out it is carmine red, day lillys galore,daiseys, flebanes, babys breath, roses, verbena, primrose.. lots of daturas blooming, so pretty! .. Oh well you know, I have a lot of stuff and there is a lot of color outside right now. Maybe I can sneak out in the am and get some shots.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Looking forward to your pics Debra. Will be a long while b4 I get mg blooms too.

Sure hope you can get Alex to tend to her Mother as she needs too!

Gautier, MS

Nice blooms Debra. I have lots of honeysuckle too.

Here are a blooms from today. Oops didn't mean to press the send button.

This message was edited Jun 15, 2013 7:29 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Here's the rest of the blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are beautiful blooms.

Deb, forgot to say I loved your Honeysuckle blooms too. I just have the common one but oh what a fragrance..
Perfumes my whole property and my neighbors yard too. I have tons of it so I cut it and feed it to the goats next door.
They love it blooms and all.
Gorgeous blooms Helena. Love all of them. Is that Berlin Blue on the end??

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

These bloomed today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Lovely blooms Helena. # 3 is a beauty.

beautiful, Helena. I really adore your blooms.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Debra. I don't have a tag for the one you thought might be Berlin Blue Jackie from the other day. But another vine bloomed today that very likely is Berlin Blue, first pic. With the sun shining on it adifferent color of the one above #3 that you liked Jackie.

Third bloom, Bengei hasn't bloomed much.
Forth bloom, happy to be getting pretty blooms from pink specks.
Fith bloom, more pinkish look.

Gautier, MS

Anybody else getting blooms?

Here's a few more for you Debra from today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. That pink/red speckled is just gorgeous. Love the pink bloom.
Very pretty blooms on the 2nd row too.. All in all, wonderful blooms you have this morning. :-)

I messed up this pic of one of Tonys PTD hybrids, #1
Enjoying my 1 Plumeria that's blooming.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

I had these Bloom this morning, both are from Dany's seeds.

thank you for the cheerful colors. My sister is declining in the hospice center in springdale. I wish she had stayed here. I did get to talk to her one last time and she knows we love her. Keep the blooms coming, the morning glory has a lot of meaning to me. none of my mgs are blooming except an occasional i nil downstairs to cheer me up, and a setosa and the shibouri out back, when I get to see it.
Lots of things blooming here, if only i felt like taking pics, but I don't.. I don't even feel like going utside right now.
I love you all and thank you for supporting me while I feel helpless.

So sorry to hear she is not doing well! Sending lots of prayers for HIM to keep her pain free!

Sorry, I forgot the pictures this morning.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

So very sorry Debra.

Ladies, please pray for Debra's Sister, as she is not doing very well!

This message was edited Jun 18, 2013 7:44 AM

Gautier, MS

I'm sorry too Debra. Hope these blooms cheer you up a little bit.

Jackie, love the color of your blooms.

Nice blooms too Linda.

Three mg's and last picture is of my hamelia patens, the back of plant didn't get hit by frost so it bloomed a lot sooner than new growth will.

This message was edited Jun 19, 2013 11:11 AM

Gautier, MS

Had to wait to down load more picture, forth mg is so huge it doesn't open right.
Fifth pictures is a white hibiscus I started from my daughter in law plant.

Gautier, MS

Tropical plants.

Blue hydrangia (?sp)
Coffee grounds help make blooms pink on hydrangia(sp)

Oh my, look at the beautiful blooms!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkjScqk70dI

Please watch, this will make you smile!

Incredible blooms this morning Helena. That first bloom with the light purple on white is beautiful and so is
the Tie Dye. The Blue Speckles is special too I just love it.
Gorgeous colors on that huge 5th bloom.
Love your blooms on the bottom row too Helena. The blue Hydrangea is my favorite.

Plum Gray Smoke open today, thanks Karen for this beauty.
Mimosa tree loaded with fragrant blooms
Crinum

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Zone 7a)

Debra, I am so sorry and sending prayers for you and your sister.

Jackie, you're welcome - In 2007, 3 vines of Plum Gray Smoke gave 3 different flowers. The one you're growing was the same as all the vines of Gray Morning Mist. The thing about this particular color/pattern is that it self-sowed over our winter for a few winters - something no other Ipomoea nil has done for me here in zone 7. Wonder if this one could be a youjiro, since there's a bit of the hardier purpurea in there with the more tender nil?

Can't do pictures until 'pooter travels to the shop; hopefully the late-started mgs here will be flowering by September and 'pooter will be cooperating in the photo department. Hypocotyl of Hama no Murasaki is such a rich, black-red - can't wait to see the flower.

Am enjoying everyone's pics of both mgs and other flowers - thank you.

Sent the wrong pic earlier even tho I was aware that pic was blurry. That's the kind of day I've had. :-)
Karen, Very interesting that this one shows some hardiness, perhaps it is a youjiro.

Thumbnail by patootie

Love that color!

Gautier, MS

Thanks everyone. Love your Plum Gray Smoke and other blooms Jackie.

Debra, you and your sis are in my thoughts and prayers too.

I had a few nice blooms today. Karens2005 Choco blizzard in a whitish instead of pink. Also the next 2 bloom is a cross of her choco blzd that turned out purple lilac blzd.
Then Watercolor
Purple & stripes

Wow, those are so pretty! So far I have the one plant has given me a few blooms. All the others are really growing slow this year. What type of fertilizer do you all use, and how often?

Beautiful blooms Helena. I'm crazy about that 1st Choco Blizzard but I like the Purple Blizzard form too.
Gorgeous Watercolor and Purple Stripes.

Linda, Yours should be huge there in Del Rio Tx. Mine are growing fast here in zone 7 with temps in the high 80's and 90's. I seldom bother to feed mine.
Helena feeds hers and she gets lots of growth and blooms.
Send us a pic of your glories so we can take a look see.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I use Miracle brand Bloom Booster to feed my mg's. You can use it every 2 weeks until your mg's take off. I also think mg's like good soil but not too rich, mine did not like my sandy soil. Except for the little red orange one. Also are they getting too much shade or too much sun? I really don't know if over 100 degrees would affect them blooming? Uhmmm...too many questions.

Yours look very healthy Jackie, nice growth.

I have them in the front yard, same place I have had them for 3 years now. I use miracle grow garden soil. Fresh this year. They get full sun. I will take pictures in a bit. I started them around Easter, and they are maybe 6 inches tall. I have a few that have grabbed the fence and have grown a foot or so, but most of them are stunted!

Gautier, MS

Linda, hopefully your vines will recover. I bought miracle grow soil and several other brands but to me they don't look like real soil, more like threaded saw bark with fertilizer. I add real soil with it & a bit of Black Magic I get from Big Lots plus a bit of perlite for good drainage. I also have used the Moisture Control soil that I mix up.

These bloomed today.

Lovely blooms!

here are my plants and a few that bloomed today.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Gautier, MS

Linda, your blooming ones look pretty good. The other seedlings probably would benefit from a bit of bloom booster.

Very nice to see yours blooming.

Beautiful blooms today Helena. The Blue Speckled is really pretty.

Linda, pretty blooms. Cant imagine what's caused the stunted glories, although the soil looks strange
to me in those 2 big pots.I don't care for Miracle 'Grow Potting Mix. Its not as good quality as Fertilome
Potting Mix. If you ever see any Fertilome, try a bag of it. You won't go back to MGrow.

Small macrorhiza or however its spelled, a moonvine, needing a bigger pot
A lovely Queen Annes Lace at a local convenience store. Guessing that its a QA Lace.
1st time I've seen one up close

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.