Morning Glories 2013 # 04

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Well I can laugh about it now. Thankful that I didn't get stung too. :-)

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Jackie I can laugh now since you didn't get stung! I know what I'd look like if a bee was trying to go up my sleeve! Sorry about the camera though :(

Gautier, MS

I'm glad you didn't get stung too Jackie!

Spotted a morning glory vine growing across the street from my sons house. The blooms were closing yesterday so I just had to go back today to check them out. So what are they? I thought it was Heavenly blue but not sure today, not even by the leaves. Not sure if it's one vine or several cuz it's all along the fence.
First bloom is on the outside of fence.
Second bloom is facing neighbors property. It has clusters of blooms. Also spotted several seed pods still green on the other side.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Looks like it may be I. hederacea.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sure is a pretty blue!

I have a few blooming this morning, but they sure do close up fast with this heat. it is already 102 here!
The last one took off really quick, and it is the darkest purple. It almost looks like velvet!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Gautier, MS

Ronnie, the blooms look like they are too big to be Ip. hederacea. It's possible for it to be a early call mg. Wal-Mart and Lowes do sell seeds of those here too. But the vines leaves look generally like they are all alike.

I tried to look at the plantfiles and seems that there used to be 16 pages, I only found 8, I think.

Very pretty blooms Linda.

Ronnie, I'm sure I made a hilarious sight, an old gray haired lady trying to run from a bee. Don't know
why I panicked this time. They have always come close to me without stinging. Think I was still
half asleep.
Helena, is that a small blue bloom? I kinda agree with Ronnie that it might be hederacea. A lovely blue.
I don't think it's Heavenly Blue cause it doesn't have the yellow eye.
Sorry someone took your camera. Can't turn our back for a nano second.

Linda, love your blooms, esp that soft white and pale blue in the 1st pic.
Beautiful pinks in your 3rd pic

I had a carnea open today but didn't open properly, soil was too dry.

This message was edited Jun 29, 2013 7:27 PM

Thumbnail by patootie

Oops Helena, took me too long to post so didn't see your last post.
It might be out of Early Call. The pretty small lavender that I like comes out of that pkt.
Its a lovely blue whatever it is,. :-)

Norfolk, VA

Hey y'all, I've been gone for so long, been very busy, but here is my first bloom from Jackie's Akatsuki no Mai. the flower is marbled with red and pink.

Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan

Tony, that is lovely.
I had one of yours open today, # 2 vine from your PTD hybrid.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Really pretty blooms Tony and Jackie.

Gautier, MS

I like my blooms but the leaves are in bad shape.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena.

My Plum Gray Smoke was open today. A great bloomer.
Ditch lilies in a bed of weeds

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful flowers everyone! Love the colors!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Nice going Tony!!
Helena love that first purp!
I like the Plum Gray Smoke Jackie, haven't grown that one in a while. Ditch lilies remind me so much of my dad, he always had them growing.

szarvas, Hungary

Another kind of variegated leaves .... like 'freckles'!

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12

Thanks Linda and Ronnie.

Love that variegation Dany, very striking.

Helena, hardly a sign of buds on any of my MG vines. Can't wait for your new blooms which will happen a lot sooner than mine.
Looks like I will have a BMN open tomorrow, oh puleeze let it be. lol

Don't know why this pic is so awful. Have another week that I can return this camera.

China Doll not last yr. I didn't get a single sd pod. :-(

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie! Love that blue/purple one!

Thanks Linda. I carried the China Doll not down to the greenhouse to see if it would bloom
and set sds, didn't work. It bloomed a few times and I hand pollinated but still no pods.

Gautier, MS

Nice variegated leaves Dany on your vines.

Love your blooms Jackie, China Doll not color is different from the usual. Hard when some vines refuse to make seeds, I have a few of those.

Happy Fourth of July Everyone

These bloomed today!

This message was edited Jul 4, 2013 10:45 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena
Absolutely gorgeous blooms this morning. The white with pink is beautiful and the Watercolor is outstanding!!!

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1323482

This message was edited Jul 4, 2013 1:59 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.