June Weather - Is it really Summer ?

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

It is beyond belief....they've had 5 to 6 inch monsoon type rains, on top of previous rainfalls. http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=105266&start=3840

So many cities are in danger of flooding and many have already: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Calgary+floods+could+evacuated+raging+waters+slam+southern/8552941/story.html http://o.canada.com/2013/06/20/canmore-alberta-rain-flooding/

This message was edited Jun 21, 2013 8:23 AM

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

HOT!! Reached mid 90s for high with strong breezes which made it bearable. It was hot even when driving with all my windows open. Currently 88.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

High around 90 today.
Now storms this evening, so far nothing here.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Same as above ....that's odd?

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rain all night, totaled 1.6".
Lots of huge amounts in MN. up to 6" in spots.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Current Conditions:
Mist
70°F (21°C)

Wind
From the E at 3 mph
Humidity
88%
Pressure
30.16 in (1021 HPa)
Visibility
3 miles

Chance of thunderstorms

High:
91°F (33°C)

A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 91. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the morning.

Tonight:
Chance of thunderstorms
Low:
66°F (19°C)

A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 9pm. Mostly clear, with a low around 66. South southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

That humidity above ,,
90's the next five or six days
Chance of pop-up storms anytime in that with the humidity that high .
Best chance later in the week ..
Good weather for the plants ..

It was another hot,hot day.It was in the upper 90's today.

90s here also. Around 95 was supposed to be the high with heat index around 101. I just know it was hot, humid and a little breezy this morning but it started dying off later and just became occasional.

Everyone be careful in the heat. Several people I know have already gotten heat strokes and we've only been this hot for a few days.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

We are praying for our families and thank you Cville_Gardener
I've got a daughter in Medicine Hat (she should be safe) but a friend has a number of family members that have been evacuated in the Hat.

This will be the 2nd worst natural disaster in Canada's history. Estimates are in the 5 billion dollar range.

Flood waters will soon be in my province. We are draining a lake as fast as we can. This much water hasn't flowed in the South Saskatchewan river for over 100 years.

Today it was in the mid 70's here with sunny skies, normal storm clouds went by (thankfully shelf clouds weren't to be seen). And all here are very happy for Albertans that they didn't get any more monsoon rains today...we aren't the tropics: rainfalls of 5+ inches on top of snow covered mountains on top of recent previous rainfalls is a disaster of epic proportions in the making.

This message was edited Jun 22, 2013 8:44 PM

Pepper23,we have had those temps during Spring.Summer has just started yesterday..So its going to be a blazing hot summer...

Cody

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Those flood waters are frightening. I do hope and pray they are over soon.

Just saw the Super Moon. Quite beautiful. I think it will be at its best around 6:30 this morning.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

½" rain overnight.
Other places not so fortunate. Lots of big floods as some places got 3" & more.

We were so dry last late summer & over winter, that our creeks still are low, even with the rain this summer. Others say their basement sump pumps are not running yet.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

T storms at this hour here , guess we are going to have one every day ,, Nice break at or from 94 degrees with a blazing sun ..
I won't complain about to much water though Especially after reading through here , (this thread ) Wow!!! are some of our northern neighbors getting hammered
Temps dropped to about 80 here, like poof , and ""ah"" that feels good !!!!lol

Thumbnail by juhur7

Not much change here. All the rain that ju is hogging formed here but really developed east of here. We could use it!! lol. The way I look at it is, if my road (limestone gravel) is gonna be full of potholes and crumbling at the edges it might as well rain so that I can have something to blame it on. lol

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

It's been in the 90's here, with rain. The plants look good. Several in bloom! Most plumerias we've had in a while!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Cloudy today. Currently 70F. It actually feels a little chilly in the house.

Todays high in the mid 90's.Another hot one!!
Tonight will be in the mid 70's and warm.

Cody

This message was edited Jun 24, 2013 6:48 PM

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Crappy overcast all day. Few sprinkles now & then. High 73º.
Storms tomorrow night.

A few sprinkles today but otherwise mostly sunny with temps in the high 80s.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Overcast at times with a chance of thunderstorms. Muggy. Highs in the 90s.

Another hot blazing day in the upper 90's today.A breeze comes through every now and then.

Cody

Under heat advisory for tomorrow. Today was decent til the clouds parted. Highs in low 90s, now 87.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Night time storms moving this way , in an hour or two , severe t-storm and flash flood warnings here for tonight . 88 degrees still , hot humid , hoping the storms are not to severe ..
IT was sunny and burning hot here today ,,
picked a few plums .. he he

Thumbnail by juhur7
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nice plums! Yum.

Humid as usual in the South in the summer. Highs in the low 90s. Slight chance of a thunderstorm. I do hope we get some of the cloud cover we've had the past two days. That makes it seem cooler anyway. :)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Awakened as the power returned , last nights storms , all night, no power .
Seems to be a redundant story , well fact , more than story . love these cool mornings . Only not being drenched , soak and wet ..

Yesterday kitty in the shade ,
COOL KITTY .....lol

Thumbnail by juhur7

95F at 2:50 PM

It was 95 at noon today. That was supposed to be our high. The highest around here that was reported was 98 on the news but I'm thinking in my neck of the woods we may have gotten a bit hotter. The good news is there was a slight breeze so that helped some.

It was another hot blazing day here as it was in the mid to upper 90's. At night time is still warm and humid and in the 70's.

Cody

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

In the 90s here as well with periods of cloud cover. Humid. Breezy to windy in the evening. We just had a big thunder boomer with a downpour and then steady rain for about the last hour.

They're calling for 95F today.

Our highs were either high 80s or low 90s and very humid til about 11:30am. Then a cool front moved in with rain and made it really nice out!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Wild west wind & 85º at market this afternoon.

Today very hot and very humid upper 90's.Was pouring sweat while mowing.Still very humid now.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It's supposed to dip back into the 80s (even some low 80s) for at least the next week. Yay!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cool breeze this morning 70 degrees

Did I mention it has rained every day here this week ,, it has .. humid ,hot afternoons ...

Thumbnail by juhur7

They're calling for a high of 99F. Yesterday was about like that.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Nice summer weather here. 77º, but windy. Big sun!

83 and slightly humid. Big storms rolled thru yesterday and last night cooling us down some.

Today was hot,muggy and humid and in the upper 90's.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.