June Weather - Is it really Summer ?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We missed the storm yesterday by a couple miles.
The big storm that is in Washington DC area this morning, started 10 miles east of here yesterday afternoon. It blew down trees & power lines in a town 20 miles SE of us.
We got .7" of rain. 3 miles NE of us got a gully washer of over 2" in 20 minutes.

Nice sunny day today. 56º going for 80's.

Sun & 80's predicted for next 10 days with a thunderstorm possible any day.
Hey, that is Minnesota summer, finally!

It is 78 and nice right now.Todays high is 98.Another hot,hot day here.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

On vacation in San Diego. They're calling for a high of 68°F. That's o.k. with me. 68°F in the south is warmer than 68°F in the north. The sun is stronger even when cloudy like it is now.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

77/55 68 Degrees here right now . cool wind . last nights severe stormy weather went farther north . lightning thunder and lots of rain here though , the winds and tornadoes all happened in the counties to the north of here .
Feels cool here .

Thumbnail by juhur7
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

High in the mid 60's and a little more rain today. We've had over 4 inches of rain in the last 6 days or so. Looks like the big storms are gone for the time being.

Photo: My Grandsons.......... Casey and Christian. (cousins)

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently 78 with a high in the low 80s and sunny all day.

A friend of mine got caught at the Iowa border in the storms last night. He's a trucker and at one point he was trying to just get the semi to shelter and couldn't even get the truck to go anywhere at full speed. The wind was holding him back and pushing him sideways also. He ended up with hail damage to the tarp on his trailer but otherwise he came out ok in the storm.

The high was 98 with a heat index of 103.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Our farm was all planted this year....we were very dry in the fall, so when we had the record breaking snowmelt most soaked into the ground. After melt we were dry again until a short while ago when an inch fell. Last night another inch fell so we have a good moisture base now. We've had so many wet springs lately that we purchased a Case IH tractor with a Soucy track system http://www.fwi.co.uk/articles/01/11/2007/107910/updated-case-ih-tractor-dealer-collings-bros-to-market-soucy-track-systems-video-amp.htm#.UbspLevZgt4 .... a strange looking beast but worth every penny!

Current Weather 8:05 CST

59°F

Light rain

Feels Like : 57
Wind : W 9 m/h

Humidity : 93%
Pressure : 1007 mb
Visibility : 9.9 miles

Sunrise : 4:50
Sunset : 21:14
Ceiling : 400 ft

Still in San Diego. Cloudy again this morning. I think that's just a San Diego thing. I hear it never gets really hot here. It's supposed to be one of the most ideal climates in the U.S.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Mighty fine tractor Lilypon, I even watched the video. I didn't realize you had a farm.

Kelli I remember that about California, all along the coast is much cooler in the summer than inland... 20 miles inland can be a 25 degree difference. Unfortunately I lived close to San Bernardino it got very hot there. Happy vacation.

Early bloomer, cute kiddos.

No storms here, hot sunny, got up to 93 today while I was out and about, felt like 100, now at 4:30, it is 89°/29% humidity.

85 and a nice breeze.

Another hot day today.High in the upper 90's.Heat index was in the 100's again.Tonight is still very warm.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Sunkissed the farm belonged to my father. When my Swiss great grandfather came out to the prairies from Ontario he got the land. He drew it up to be a family company and when I inherited the title of president upon my father's death I felt physically sick. Thank goodness I have some wonderful advisors or I'd truly be lost.

We are having another downpour so our crops will be jumping now (well once the warmth comes back). Unlike Bernie we don't grow corn but we do grow Mediterranean type crops like chickpeas, field peas, lentils, canola, durum, barley, canary seed, sunflowers (and winter wheat and oats some years). Since the 30 year drought (more or less) ended here our land has had so much snow fall on it and the hills below it that a regular tractor couldn't work about 1/2 of the land but with the Soucy track system there isn't slippage or compaction so what couldn't be planted before has been planted this year (and the crop has no problem breaking through the soil that the tractor went over).

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Nice to know the history of your farm lilypon. Sounds like the tractor is a smart investment. And looks like more rain for you today.

Cloudy here this morning, a good chance of afternoon showers, muggy. Up to 89°

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

81 degrees , partly sunny , nice day .
48% Humidity.
Barometer 31% Chance of rain tonight .

Thumbnail by juhur7

Hot, humid and sunny til about 3pm then it started to rain. Pour is more like it. lol. So now my plants will be super happy and so am I!! LOL

Today was in the high 90's.We also got a little shower of rain.It is still very warm out.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Must be summer, nobody is posting on any thread during the day.
77º right now, down from 80 something.

Picked 15 pints of strawberries this evening. Will be picking 4 times a week until October.

Last year we sold 1950 pints of berries. We had 2000 plants. This year 3000 plants.

Pictures are from last summer.

This message was edited Jun 17, 2013 7:06 PM

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens

Rain off and on all day. Haven't been outside in awhile (skeeters love me, I hate em) so don't know if muggy. Temps now in high 60s.

Wow Countrygardens!!! That is alot of berries.That will keep you busy..

Nothing too new. They are calling for a high of 88F today.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

8/10" rain in a storm in middle of the night.
66º sunny.

Some pictures this morning.
These are in one of or high tunnels.
Our gardener busy tying up cucumbers. She is the best.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens

Right now it is 86 for the high.With thunderstorms and raining on and off.I hate thunder!!!!! The sound of it makes ya want to jump out of your skin,when it gets real loud...Like just now i jumped...

77 and comfy out.

They're calling for a high of 95F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

80/63 For today and tonight , sunny with a breeze blowing, low humidity, If you aren't exerting much , a real nice early summer (late spring) day , wonderful ,

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Monsoon season has made a return here as well. Lots of scare you silly thunder and oh my is the rain ever coming down hard. Should move on quickly though.

My Hawaiian Sunrise vine blooming on the dark and cool Canadian prairies. It has a case of edema (sure doesn't like the coolness/overcast skies here right now). Will have to be careful watering it. Hoping the sun comes out and my greenhouse warms up.

This message was edited Jun 19, 2013 2:05 PM

Thumbnail by Lilypon

Currently 83 and a bit humid though not too bad yet.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Kelli I'm coming in on Monday to visit my parents I sure hope the temps go down. If they don't everybody will blame the heat on my bringing it from Tx. It's 82* here at 1015 at night.

Today was in the mid 80's.It was cloudy on and off with the sun coming out some.It was a nice day today for a change.

Cody

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Today:
Chance of thunderstorms
High:
90°F (32°C)
Humidity 70%

A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 90. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Tonight:
Chance of thunderstorms
Low:
65°F (18°C)

A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 65. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.

They're calling for a high of 86F.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

79º
Everything growing gangbusters.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Well we had quite the storms here yesterday and early this am. Limbs down in our yard, my greenhouse lost some panes (but my plants in it survived though some outside were sent for a ride), and locals reported it sounded like a freight train going through town (I was up too late watching radar so missed the excitement here this morn). Monsoon rains falling as well. Alberta is drowning (esp near the Rocky Mountain Foothills). My daughter is in Medicine Hat, Alberta and boy did they have a nasty storm blow through there last night. So happy for FB to keep up with what was happening there and to remind her to head to the basement (tornadoes did touch down below her city).

14C last time I checked ... hope we warm up soon.

Looks like the storms are going to be East and South of us today according to a North Dakota met attached to my FB:
""....severe risk is pretty good for Thursday late afternoon and night for eastern ND into northwest-west central Minnesota....northeastern South Dakota and probably southern Manitoba. The first widespread outbreak of the season. Be alert."

lots of colourful wall clouds were to be/ are seen in Saskatchewan and Alberta now: http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=105266&start=3820

(Zone 7a)

65º and sunny. Perfect day.

It in the 90's again today.Just got through mowing and pouring sweat.Another hot one today..

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Dan Riddler's forecast (a ND met):

"Scattered storms south of grand forks now. Looks stormy into weekend. Flash flood watch in effect...risk of severe. Stay alert."

I have no trouble believing him going by the rains we've been getting up in Canada's plains.

Currently 87 and windy.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Just about every Southern city in the province of Alberta is under a State of Emergency, including Calgary. A very near province wide Katrina type disaster is happening.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

That's awful! I hadn't heard about that. Stay safe.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.