June Weather - Is it really Summer ?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Very windy all day. Settled down now, 66º.

Welcome a new month.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

JUNE IS in and has come raining here 74 degrees at 12 o'clock
Awaking this morning
T Storm Warning
Tornado watch
Flood Warning ..... Good morning June 1st Imagination ,,, what it use to be !!!!

This message was edited Jun 1, 2013 6:01 AM

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It is really summer.

One source says high of 88F today and another source says high of 100F. Either way, it's summer.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

High 60s today. Perfect weather!!

Got up to at least 96F.

It was 104F yesterday in Woodland Hills, which is the community just south of here.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunny today, but cool, only 55º.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Manitoba had frost warnings out last night.

My location dropped down to 5C (currently 16C)

I hauled in my tropical beauties...
these are a couple of my newest

Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon

Only 62 now. Chilly!!

(Zone 7a)

92º here today. Calm and no clouds anywhere I can see.

Black Lace Elderberry blooming bigtime.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

High of +20C here today

Still don't trust forecasts re overnight temps so my tropical plants are back in the porch

My fave lady is putting on a lovely show now...

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

All day rain started at 8 AM. Looks like a couple more hours. Really recharging our soil.
Helping to end the drought.
We planted some beets yesterday. Always nice to see rain on them.
56º

Cloudy til about 11:30am then hard rains came in. Rained off and on for about 2 hours then cleared up and the sun came out. Temps in the low 70s.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Love the Lady Margaret, mine vines are getting swallowed up by Zebra caterpillars, but thank goodness they don't eat the flowers.

Rain, rain and more rain here...I feel like I live in the tropics this week. A tropical system in the Gulf will still bring us more rain today, tomorrow and the next day. Garden is very happy though. Muggy, but not too hot, mid 80's.

My indoor cats on the porch watching a squirrel outside...their favorite activity.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Coolish still today. Reached low 70s with rain off and on all day.

Here today it was in the high 90's.Very hot,hot,hot...Now at night time may be in the 70's.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Early in the morn here...heading off to Saskatoon in a little while (can hardly wait as they have the bestest greenhouse)!
Current Weather 5:25 CST

55°F
13°C
Partly cloudy

Feels Like : 52
Wind : S 11 m/h

Humidity : 62%
Pressure : 1017 mb
Visibility : 9.9 miles

Sunrise : 4:53
Sunset : 21:09
Ceiling : 12900 ft

Another old friend started blooming ...... these snow tired eyes are loving the colours out there!:D

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi Southgal! Nice to have you join in. Wonder if this storm will give you some rain and cool you down a bit.

The storm actually has a name: Andrea and she has really been dumping the rain down on us. Hope this isn't a bad sign to have an already named storm at the very beginning of hurricane season.

Glad you're getting the flowers now lilypon, that is a pretty one.

Reinbeck, IA

More rain here in Iowa yesterday. Where we are in central Iowa has received 15 inches in the last 2 weeks. We have plants actually drowning right in the ground. I guess this ends our drought from last year! Most of our grasses, bee balm and hostas look great. But some of the other plants like the daylilies, ferns and sempervivum are really showing the stress of too much moisture. We are supposed to be dry here now until Sunday. It would be nice if it could be a little warmer, but I'll take the dry for now.

They're calling for a high of 82F today.

Even with no rain tuff is starting to grow back after the fire a couple weeks ago.

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Another gray day. No rain predicted.
55º

Hi Sunkissed,thanks.Yes we are getting the thunder storm.It started raining in the early morning and it has not stopped yet.It has cooled down,it is in the upper 60's.I know what you mean.I hope she doesn't turn into one either.I know during this season y'all get hit pretty bad.

I just want y'all to know,once the thread gets long,i will not be able to post until a new thread is started.I use my cell phone for the internet thats why.

This message was edited Jun 6, 2013 11:45 AM

This message was edited Jun 6, 2013 1:45 PM

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We start a new thread every month.
Still gray here.

Thanks Countrygardens.

The rain has stopped here for now.It is cooler and feels good outside.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

I guess we have the remnants of tropical storm Andrea coming up to us tomorrow. I am hoping it doesn't hamper any gardening plans for the weekend :)

The thunder storms we are getting is coming from Texas and Arkansas.We have more to come this way today.

The rain is back...This should be it after tonight hopefully...

Highs in the 70s and sunny. Felt really, really nice. Had more rain overnight also. Plants are loving it so far!!

They're calling for a high of 84F today.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Same old gray day. 56º

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

73/56 Cool mornings and evenings ,having what is referred to as (Hazy Sunshine) few hours of hot sun late afternoons the past couple of days ,
Late next week, hot weather returns . still waiting for our first 90 degree day ,,
Well as to forecast register anyway ,,a few 88 degrees a week ago had a few thermometers at 91 degrees or so ..
Nice for the moment though , no named storms , tornadoes , floods , straight line winds,wild fires , earthquakes. or volcanoes popping up in the back yard ,,
Thinking about it that way ... I'm Happy !!!

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Last night we slept with all the windows closed and I actually had to put on a hoodie while watching tv...

Currently 72. Had sunshine all day and I took advantage to take down my bittersweet vine that was to agressive for my tree stump and little chicken wire. Not done yet though. Gotta get a tall person to reach up high and to help pull out vine stumps.

It was in the high 80's today.I put up my son 4 foot deep swimming pool today.So in a few days we are going to have fun and do some splashing in it.

Dolan Springs, AZ(Zone 9a)

Topped out at 104, today, expecting a degree or two higher tomorrow.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Severe weather watches nearby...so far we've just had small tornadoes and funnel clouds so don't think this will amount to much (hail can stay far away).

Current Weather 21:45 CST

57°F
Overcast

Feels Like : 54
Wind : SE 13 m/h

Humidity : 83%
Pressure : 1006 mb
Visibility : 6 miles

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Another good sleeping night coming up:

Current Weather 12:45 CST
Overcast
18 °C/64°F

Feels Like : 18/64
Wind : NW 7 m/h

Humidity : 71%
Pressure : 1005 mb
Visibility : 8 miles

Looks like the rain will be East and North of us today. Nice soft rain here yesterday.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

It was 56* here at 5 AM broke a record for lowest temp that has stood since the 70's. It's quickly getting into the 90s tho.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Still overcast and sprinkling just a wee bit.

Made a new friend today....poor Mrs. Warbler ran into our kitchen window. I picked her up and held her until she could hold herself up and her eyes stopped looking funny. Then I set her in a pot and eventually she flew off to her home bush, nest and mate.

Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

77/60 . Overcast most of today , cool breeze this evening . Absolutely beautiful , gorgeous day. 70 to 74 with a light breeze all day except about 2 hours ...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.