May Weather - Snow Again

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

61F heading up to 70F.

Loving the temps we have now....cool nights for sleeping and the days are perfect for working out in the yard (or in a non-air conditioned house).

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Mid to high 70s here and humid. We were under a tornado watch but that has moved east with the storm system that is hitting Olkahoma and areas east and south of me.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They're calling for a high of 84F today. Pretty seasonal. Prayers for the tornado victims in OK.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

My heart goes out to those in the Moore OK area...Still looking pretty wicked along that area.

77 now and up to 87° ...We got a nice good soaking rain last evening, good thing my rain barrel was empty and the wildlife were sucking on the drip irrigation sprinkler heads. 93% humidity this morn...so good chance more rain this afternoon/eve.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

We were very cool this am which isn't going to play well with hot humid Texas/Oklahoma again today...may God help those poor people.
Current Weather 8:05 CST
Partly cloudy

11°C

Low this morning at CFB Moose Jaw was 3°C

Partly cloudy

Feels Like : 10
Wind : N 8 km/h

Humidity : 47%
Pressure : 102.3 kPa
Visibility : 16 km

Sunrise : 5:06
Sunset : 20:51
Ceiling : 24200 ft

"From Jeff Lindner:
Quote:
Severe/Tornado Outbreak possible this afternoon/evening over TX

Potential for long tracked violent tornadoes across N TX this afternoon and evening

SPC moderate risk for severe weather including tornadoes in effect for today for N TX

Multi-day severe/tornado outbreak continues to unfold this morning across the US plains which has already produced devastating results. Parent upper level storm system responsible for the daily outbreaks continues to spin over the northern plains with a slow moving cold front across OK at the current time. Air mass south of this front and east of the dry line is incredibly moist and unstable with frequent dewpoints in the 70’s and CAPES values of 1500-2500 J/kg. With surface heating, the air mass over N and C TX will become extremely unstable by midday with CAPE values approaching 4000-5000 J/kg ahead of the eastward moving dry line and south of the southward moving frontal boundary. Short wave moving out of New Mexico will help erode the capping overhead by early afternoon and expect explosive supercell development along both the dry line and cold front. Storms will go quickly severe with hail to greater than 2 inches likely. Initial mode will be very dangerous supercells capable of strong rotation and tornadoes given the degree of instability and shear in place. Current thinking is that the greatest tornado threat will be along I-20 including the Dallas/Fort Worth metro areas with a secondary threat along/west of I-35 all the way to west of Austin along the dry line. Best ingredients for potentially devastating tornadoes will be over N TX into AR and NW LA although the moderate risk outline does clip our northern set of counties."

"Ominous day for North and Central Texans today. We have a storm complex coming down from Oklahoma and boundaries are laying around from the dying storms last night. Greatest concern is supercells develop ahead as the complex moves closer especially along the I-20 and I-30 with large hail and more than likely some tornadoes during peak heating. I know there are a lot of anxious folks after seeing what unfolded in Moore. Have a plan, know where to go and what to do and make sure people around us are aware. My hope is we'll just have to deal with a line of storms with hail and straight line winds.

Well said, Ntxw. I am very concerned about how today's weather unfolds for those of us in Texas. I think those of us here who are weather savvy need to keep our family and friends and co-workers and fellow students apprised of the potential today for some really bad weather."
http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=114601&start=460

This message was edited May 21, 2013 10:03 AM

I have family in Texas and some of them were in the path of the severe storms today. Last I heard they just had strong storms but no tornadoes.

Today was a bit on the cool side. Mid 70s for high and sunny. Very, very nice!!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

risk is going up tonight for deep South Texas.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Well we got about 3 drops of rain...there doesn't look like there will be anymore.

(Zone 7a)

We had 3 days of on and off again rain totalling about 3/4" of the wet stuff. Everything greened back up and it looks great. Our silly neighbors are wasting water by watering their lawns this morning.

92º for today and sunny right now. It may cloud up later.

Peony 'Santa Fe'

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Great Peony pic , Those are such a pretty flower ..
60'S and rain , going to cool down here a few days ..
60's and 40's the next few , Has been 80's for more than a week ..

I like the 60's and the rain , not the 40's though ,,

Conjuration iris

Thumbnail by juhur7

Low 70s, partly cloudy and breezy. Felt good as long as I was in jeans and a light sweater. lol

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Currently 20°C/68F heading up to 22°C/72°F dropped down to 7°C/45°F early this morn

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

It's been a long while since I've checked in here. I see a few of the "weather" old timers are still hanging in there.

After 3 days with highs in the mid to upper 80's today's high in low 70's feels great. Looks like moderate temps and sunshine through Memorial Day. Should be a great weekend for planting. After losing my entire apple crop to multiple frosts and freezes last year, it looks like this year could be a bumper crop. Long way to go though and anything could happen.

Photos: My rhododendrons are blooming their little hearts out this spring! The apple trees were covered with blossoms too. I usually leave a patch of violets in the orchard when I mow.

early_bloomer

This message was edited May 23, 2013 5:27 PM

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
(Zone 7a)

Oooooo! I love Rhodies! So pretty...

60-something and windy.

High of only 66 and mostly cloudy today. A day for layers!!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

If this is comes to pass some growers way down East aren't going to be happy:

Get ready to cover your plants...Again.

"Low temperatures Saturday night are projected to get as low as 25 degrees in Pennsylvania. This will be terrible for gardens and could even damage leaves. The worst will be further south in West Virginia though, where winds will be light to calm."

However another model shows warmer temperatures:

"The last frost in the Mts of VA/WVA/PA is normally in May I think. It would be a much bigger issue if the lows were forecast to be that cool closer to the cities/I-95 to the east, but it looks like there is little chance of that. NWS has lows in the upper 40's and 50's for points east on the same night"

This message was edited May 23, 2013 8:02 PM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It has been nearly 86 degrees F here four three or more days , dropping to 40 ?degrees for tonight , Most of my plants are to big to cover . 50 degree temperature drop in less than 48 hrs .. The plants do not like that I do not like that ,only at least I do not have a trunk broken 40 to 60 year old Maple tree laying broken in my front or side yard as a few of my neighbors
I suppose I should not complain but the weather has gotten to be a"" real pooper""
FLOATING FROM 51-53 degrees currently
Nature says so .. and it is ,, I guess .

They're calling for partly cloudy and a high of 79F.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on May 24, 2013
Mostly Cloudy
59 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 64%
Dew Point: 47 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.94 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 4.50 out of 12

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Early Bloomer just beautiful photos of the rhododendrons, good to hear the apples are doing well this year too.

Jurhur, hope the plants did okay...I'd be a real pooper too if I had to go out and cover plants again.

Looks like we'll have a nice Memorial Day weekend here after good thunderstorms everyday this past week. Should be mid 80's/60's for the next three days and sunny. Today kind of warm, up to 92 they say.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

High of only 46ºf here in NW Pa. today with a freeze warning from midnight tonight until 9:00am. Hoping for the best. Quite a shock after several days of highs in the mid to upper 80's earlier in the week. The forecast for the weekend looks gorgeous!

Have a great Memorial Day!

Photo: Heavy traffic on the local roads this spring...............

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

56 Degrees near 70 was the high ,, 41 degrees forecast for tonight What Again???
Oh Well It is spring/ summer ,,,,,,,on vacation ....

Plants did okay ,, 42 last night ,, was 44 for a low .. I don't trust the weather !!!!

This message was edited May 24, 2013 7:32 PM

Reached low 70s and sunny today. Had some strong breezes at times but I don't remember it being constant. If it was I wasn't paying attention. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23

Calling for a high of 74F today and partly cloudy.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on May 25, 2013
Overcast
59 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 50 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.98 in (Rising)
Visibility: 9.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 4.40 out of 12

century plant

Thumbnail by Kelli
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Saskatchewan's farmers have completed ~50% of their planting (so far behind this year due to historical snow melt)...heavier rainfall is now less than two days away (we've had hardly a drop fall in the last month)...PLANT quickly fellows!

Moose Jaw, SK
Current Weather 9:25 CST

13°C Heading up to 22°C
Overcast
Feels Like : 12
Wind : E 19 km/h
Humidity : 91%
Pressure : 101.8 kPa
Visibility : 16 km
Sunrise : 5:02
Sunset : 20:56
Ceiling : 3700 ft

We reached low 80s today and sunshine. I thought it would be a cool 80s like it has been so wore jeans to work and layered up with 2 shirts. Quite a few of my coworkers did the same. By early afternoon we were all sweating. It felt like it was 90 today.

Deutiza flanking the lilac. And it's been weeded since the pic was taken a few days ago. lol. The deutiza is a reliable bloomer for me but the lilac doesn't bloom. I may need to prune it or maybe shove some compost under it.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Horrible day here. Only 54º with 20+ MPH wind out of southeast.
Very miserable at market. Misting off & on.
About half the business that should have been.

They're calling for a high of 74F today.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

A little colder today, 51º. Rain earlier. ½".
Overcast, windy, cold.
Same ol, same ol.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Being the nature of mind I am If I lived "way up North" with days like that .I would put on a rain suit and go fishing ! lol Just being me
Overcast , light sprinkle ,68 , nice ,,a tiny bit cool at times , only ehh,, Break from mulching at the moment ...

82 for high and partly cloudy. Humidity went up some more from yesterday and will go up even more tomorrow.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, the San Fernando Valley is having some extreme temps. Every time I go there it gets really hot or cold. Everybody says I'm bringing Tx weather with me. It's been raining here since Friday. Temps in the 80s with lots of humidity.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It started raining yesterday ,, a this hour a steady rain is falling , A few hours it quits , then it rains steady with cloud bursts , last night thunder and lightning a few hours .
Earlier today 75 degrees 96 % humidity 83 % according to weather service at this hour
Winds are calm , 8 mph and steady earlier
65 for a low expected tonight , nice and warm and MUGGY!!!!!

We got hit with a storm this morning. Was only supposed to be a quick pass thru so everyone was gonna wait it out but as we kept watching radar it kept getting bigger. It rained from about 8am til 1pm and it was a deluge til about noon before it was steady.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rain off & on all day. I think we are out of the drought.
55º

They're calling for a high of 90F today. I got my outside work done early.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rainy and nice here , bugs like it too though ,
77/63
wind 11
bar 30 in

Rain off and on all day here too. Storms in the area but still hit and miss.

(Zone 7a)

We got about an inch of rain today. So needed.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey !! I think you have my flowers ,, lol

Humidity fell to 60 to 70% drifting some

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
(Zone 7a)

I snuck in and took the pics when you weren't looking.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.